Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:34 PM   #41
bailey
Hall Of Famer

To eliminate the conflict between Stone and Silver using S, how about Quartz? According to Wikipedia, Quartz is the 2nd most common mineral in the earth's continental crust. Therefore, makes for an ideal name for the 2nd level.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:36 PM   #42
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

Rburgh :
Quote:
If you want to build a pyramidal structure, you have to, say, promote 6 teams from each league and relegate 8. That way, if you have 180 leagues at the lowest level, you will have 1080 promotions and if you divide that by 8 you will maintain equilibrium when you have 135 teams at the next level.

Carrying this forward, you would have:
Rookie 180
Stone 135
Iron 101
Bronze 76
Silver 57
Gold 43
Diamond 32
Perfect 1
I was thinking along those lines also about pro/rel. I assume once the levels fill out more they will adjust the pro/rel numbers to maintain somewhat of a pyramid structure like Markus stated.

Quote:
No criteria for promotions. But less teams from Gold are promoted and the shape of the system will be more like a Pyramid this time, so the issues you state will be minimized.
We will see though

Pine Tar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I wonder, whatever happened to all the people I gave directions to ..
Never take a sleeping pill and laxative at the same time.

Last edited by Pine Tar; 02-28-2020 at 10:45 PM.
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 03:04 PM   #43
rburgh
All Star Reserve

Yeah, it's just math. Markus can try to do it some other way, but it just won't work. He can also tailor the ratio - i.e. 6 promos 8 relegations from Rookie to Stone and Stone to Iron, then 4 promos and 6 relegations for Iron to Bronze, Bronze to Silver, Silver to Gold, and Gold to Diamond. Then Diamond should be small enough that the Perfect league would be able to keep 10-12 teams.

It wouldn't be until there were 22600+ teams in play that there would be more than 26 Diamond leagues, so competition at that level would be fiercer than it is in the PL's now. Leagues by level from the top down would be 1, 26, 39, 58, 87, 130, 177, and 236.

Last edited by rburgh; 02-29-2020 at 03:06 PM.
rburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 05:27 PM   #44
bailey
Hall Of Famer

If they keep the number of leagues per level capped at a particular number it would be easy to maintain a pyramid structure.

So,
perfect 1 -- demote 48
diamond 48 -- promote 48 demote 240 (5 per league)
gold 60 -- promote 240 (4 per league) demote 300 (5 per league)
silver 75 -- promote 300 (4 per league) demote 300 (4 per league)
bronze 75 -- promote 300 (4 per league) demote 300 (4 per league)
iron 75 -- promote 300 (4 per league) demote 300 (4 per league)
stone 75 -- promote 300 (4 per league) demote 0
rookie ?? -- promote 300

This system works as long as they get 300 new players every week. If not maybe a bell curve rather than pyramid is what should be the goal will fewer leagues at the bottom and the largest number in silver/bronze.

Old 03-02-2020, 06:51 AM   #45
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

It does seem kinda rude that the Perfect League champion will get relegated. I kinda understand why they do it, but it seems like they should at least have a chance to defend their crown

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:53 AM   #46
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
It does seem kinda rude that the Perfect League champion will get relegated. I kinda understand why they do it, but it seems like they should at least have a chance to defend their crown
The first reply says that every team EXCEPT for the ones who make the perfect playoffs get relegated... did that change?
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:14 AM   #47
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
The first reply says that every team EXCEPT for the ones who make the perfect playoffs get relegated... did that change?
I think it's all in flux. We don't even know for sure how many teams will be in perfect.

I don't think you can go by the numbers in that screenshot.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:05 AM   #48
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
I think it's all in flux. We don't even know for sure how many teams will be in perfect.

I do agree with the idea that the specifics are going to be in a state of flux. However, I do also believe that the information in the screenshots is indicative of intent and that it will be reliably (or reliably enough) reflective of what direction they're taking development.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 12:53 PM   #49
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yup, that's brand new. We cap the number of Diamond Leagues at around 48, and the number of teams in the Perfect League will be between 30 and 60, depending on where we are in the life cycle. Everybody who does not make the playoffs in Perfect League gets demoted back to Diamond. So, it will be a constant battle for the top. Also, because of this we will have a TRUE Perfect Team champion each season... I can't wait!
Reading between the lines and speculating

60 teams suggests 12 5-team divisions
12 teams make playoffs. 48 teams must be relegated to allow for 48 diamond champions to promote. Also, means no wild cards only division champions make the playoffs.
No wild card or division series, but rather some kind of double round robin (10 games) to reduce the field from 12 teams to 4.

Old 03-03-2020, 03:19 PM   #50
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm not going by the screenshot, I'm going by what Markus posted

Quote:
Everybody who does not make the playoffs in Perfect League gets demoted back to Diamond. So, it will be a constant battle for the top.
Seems perfectly fair to me and the best way to do it.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:33 PM   #51
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

I may never make it to perfect in 21 but I can live with that. If I can be competitive in diamond that would totally rock my world. At this point I haven't spent any cash on PP and most likely won't. Hopefully there will be free players who have the skill, luck or time to create a perfect team and compete there, That also would be awesome.

I do like the idea that even making it to perfect will be considered a big deal and to compete in it would be considered something very special. Kind of like the gladiators of Rome, The best were adored and cheered on, The rest were just filler.

Let the games begin !! !! !!

Pine Tar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I wonder, whatever happened to all the people I gave directions to ..
Never take a sleeping pill and laxative at the same time.
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:27 AM   #52
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Tar View Post
I may never make it to perfect in 21 but I can live with that. If I can be competitive in diamond that would totally rock my world. At this point I haven't spent any cash on PP and most likely won't. Hopefully there will be free players who have the skill, luck or time to create a perfect team and compete there, That also would be awesome.
I think its worth pointing out that we have yet to reach the halfway mark of the PT20 life cycle. As people much smarter than me once sang, time is on our side, yes it is!

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:20 AM   #53
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
No, this did not change. The teams making the playoffs in the Perfect League will not get relegated.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:21 AM   #54
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Reading between the lines and speculating

60 teams suggests 12 5-team divisions
12 teams make playoffs. 48 teams must be relegated to allow for 48 diamond champions to promote. Also, means no wild cards only division champions make the playoffs.
No wild card or division series, but rather some kind of double round robin (10 games) to reduce the field from 12 teams to 4.
We have not decided the playoff mode / league structure in the Perfect League yet, we'll probably let the community decide on that Also, it will likely change as the number of teams increase over time.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote