Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-24-2017, 05:20 PM   #1
wartdog
Bat Boy

2 Questions about trading

1) Trading draft picks.

There is an option to allow draft pick trading. I want a realistic sim like MLB so currently is there an option to trade only competitive balance picks, or do I need to check the box to allow trading of all draft picks to get it, which I will do if so.

2) Trading recently drafted players.

So as we know the Trea Turner rule made the Pete Encaviglia rule obsolete, but you still have to wait until after the world series. In this iteration of OOTP will draftees be able to be traded after the world series like in MLB or do I need to check the box to make them immediately tradable, which I will also do if this goes by the old rule and you have to wait a full calendar year.
wartdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:08 PM   #2
BBGiovanni
All Star Starter

Yes to both, if I understand your questions. I haven't tried in 18 yet but checking the box for draft pick trading allows you to do that (good luck with that, the AI is stingy!). Checking the box about current year draftee trades will let you do them right away.
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:11 PM   #3
wartdog
Bat Boy

was more wanting to know if the base settings w/out having to check the boxes would allow me to trade just comp picks and players after world series. Ill just check both boxes probably just to make sure then.
wartdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:05 PM   #4
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartdog View Post
was more wanting to know if the base settings w/out having to check the boxes would allow me to trade just comp picks and players after world series. Ill just check both boxes probably just to make sure then.
Base settings are set as close as technologically possible to the actual MLB rules. My understanding is the box to trade draft picks, when checked, allows you to trade draft picks before the upcoming draft. I don't believe the game can properly handle the actual rule of waiting to trade recent draftees after the World Series and therefore allows you to trade them once they have been drafted. I could be wrong about this though.
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote