Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-16-2019, 02:00 PM   #1
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

Pitching Mounds Lowered

I personally love the random rule changes here or there in a league. My dynasty they site a low league average batting avg of .240 and lowered the max height of the mounds. This is an MLB player league started in 2019 and now I am in at 2029.

Curious if anyone has played through this change and if there were obvious things that happen. Less HRs, higher batting averages? Pitchers with low movement getting worse? Anything like that or is it a bump in Batting Averages and no big change in pitcher play?

If nobody has I can come back with some changes in my league's first year. Thanks!
Old 11-04-2019, 02:57 PM   #2
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

If anybody cares for an update. I do Challenge Mode, sim the regular season and play the playoff games. Anyway:

2028 (before mound change)
AL: 250 avg, 4.15 ERA
NL: 239 avg, 3.69 ERA

2029 (first year lowered mound)
AL: 270 avg, 4.81 ERA
NL: .254 avg, 4.02 ERA

AL: 258 avg, 4.38 ERA
NL: 244 avg, 3.72 ERA

AL: 257 avg, 4.34 ERA
NL: .249 avg, 3.76 ERA

First year was a big jump in BA numbers. Last two have been slightly better, maybe some pitching adjustments. They probably could have added the DH to the NL achieved the same results for league wide "higher average" LOL

I could not find league slash lines by year. So I just looked at those. And noticed the two years before the mound change only one player had an above 1000 OPS and there has been 5 or 6 each season since. Random, shallow look at what mound change does to a dynasty league after a few years.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:41 PM   #3
TomVeal
All Star Starter

The real MLB did the same thing after the 1968 "Year of the Pitcher", lowering the mound from 15 to 10 inches. I don't recall that the immediate effects were as dramatic as in your game, but it was the first step toward where we are today. (There were many steps after that, of course.)
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote