Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 04-08-2019, 06:02 PM   #1
joehart
All Star Starter

P419 - Season 19

Getting closer to season XX.
Here is what our new P419 league looks like after a few games.

AC West:
This will be fun. Two Gryphons teams and the Jakku Jabberwookies
that managed to sweep me last season during the season.

AC Central:
A few familiar teams and also Matt Arnold's Toronto team.
6 Perfect League championships in this division so I assume some
playoff contenders will come from this division.

AC East:
Defending champion ASMS Dragons with their extreme park are
back in the league. I put my money on them not winning again this year....I think we will be better prepared.

NC West:
More familiar teams (Magpies, Titans, Gryphons). Good luck.

NC Central:
Zorro and the Sharks. Two teams with a .625 career winning percentage.

NC East:
Barely Legal Jesus beat me in the playoffs last season and went to the finals. Another good tough competitor with lots of championships.

Overall, a great new league. I look forward to the competition.
Good luck everyone!!!!
Attached Images
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:17 PM   #2
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

The Dragons are trying to do the same thing I tried to do last season. They are going for a Three Peat. They are a very good team. I would love to meet them in the Finals.(Or maybe not lol)
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:29 PM   #3
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post

NC Central:
Zorro and the Sharks. Two teams with a .625 career winning !!
This is the Sharks first year in the Perfect league. They might find it harder to hold on to that .625 winning PCT up here.🤷*♂️
Old 04-08-2019, 07:51 PM   #4
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Both Guelph teams have started out strong. One is in first place in the WC West and the other is in second place in the AC West.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:20 PM   #5
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Both Guelph teams have started out strong. One is in first place in the WC West and the other is in second place in the AC West.
Sorry Dunzie, After I brought the teams up, Of course they go on a losing streak.🤯
Old 04-08-2019, 09:20 PM   #6
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

After a few weeks where I haven't had much time it's good to see so many familiar faces. Looks like a tough league. Hope everyone is doing well.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:13 PM   #7
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Yes this is definitely the "familiar" league this season. Tons of teams I'm very familiar with and a TON of good competition. Let's hope for a good battle all season and personally a turn around for my top Gryphon team after a LOSING season last week! Surely we have to rebound.

Some stats... P419/19 teams have won a whopping 66 world series titles, including 23 at the Perfect Level. An incredible EIGHT teams have won MULTIPLE Perfect WS titles, and most impressively? The New York Titans are one of the REALLY rare teams that have won multiple DIAMOND World Series titles. Very cool.

Should be fun. Let's get it on!!
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:07 AM   #8
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Well at the start of the season I took a gamble.I sold 3 time Champion Ruth and replaced him in right field with 93 Suzuki and then bought Nap Lajoie . I moved Guerrero back to third and put Lajoie at 1st Base. This might hurt my fielding but will bolster my hitting. I always felt I have one of the best Pitching staffs in The PT world so I hope they will be able to cover up my weakness in the infield. Only time will tell April has been a pleasant surprise as of right now at 18-9. Ruth was part of a winning combination of 3 Championships in 5 years but his numbers were really not that good. He was clutch at times so I am hoping the over all stats of Suzuki and Especially Lajoie will make up for his loss. This season will tell the tale because we have some fine teams here with a lot of weird park adjustments. So good luck everyone (unless you play me)😁
Old 04-09-2019, 09:09 AM   #9
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
After a few weeks where I haven't had much time it's good to see so many familiar faces. Looks like a tough league. Hope everyone is doing well.
Nice to be back in the league with you my friend. Best of luck to you.(Unless you play me. )😁
Old 04-09-2019, 09:24 AM   #10
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

It’s time for Zorro baseball. Good morning everyone and a pleasant morning to you all wherever you may be. Pull up a chair and sit awhile as The Zorros finish up April and head on to May. They are 18-9 at the moment and lead the NL West Division by 1 in the loss colum. It is definitely to early to be giddy about the season but it has been a fine April so far.Pedro leads the pitching staff with a 4-2 record with a fine 2.77 Era and Mr Guerrero has been the leading hitters with a fine .375 ave along with 7 dingers and 21 rbi. The biggest surprise is Barry Bonds who is hitting a dismal .183 With 3 homers and a measly 8 rbi. But when he gets hot he is capable of carrying his team all by himself. Hopefully May will turn him around. Ok folks it is time to find out how April ends and how May will develop. So everyone let’s Grab a bagel and a cup of coffee and enjoy the ride as the Zorros try to get back into the 2037 Championship Series
Old 04-09-2019, 09:36 AM   #11
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Wow April is not over yet and Ty Cobb of the Barely Legal team has hit 10 homers at this pace he would hit over 60 homers this season. The most ever (So a record) in my leagues has been 48 so he is on pace to destroy that record. That is the good news. The bad news is he hit 35 dingers last year which was his highest of his 15 year career. But he does have 309 lifetime homers so........Will he be able to ave 8 a day (Which is a month of games)the rest of the way to break the record? Time will tell but if he can have another month like he did in April this season could get very exciting. 😁
Old 04-09-2019, 09:50 AM   #12
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Also looking farther we see Brett of the Oakland Keys and Trout of Barely Legal with 8 which also is ahead of the record of 48. Is this the season of the Home Run? Also Barely Legal has a NC leading 42 home runs already with Cobb 10 and Trout 8 leading the pack. Looks like a very dangerous team to play if your pitchers do not have much movement in their repertoire. Should be a interesting time playing that team. I wish they were in the other Conference because I sure am not looking forward to facing that machine.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:03 PM   #13
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

This is a league with a lot of top teams which means a lot of top managers . That is why I am asking this question. I have never played in a league who had old Hos Radbourn in it. Has anybody played against him and if they had was he any good. I always see him in the AH at 400,000 or more and when I look at his attributes he does not look much better then say a Keven Brown. Am I missing something here? Thank you for any info you can give me on this. I ask this question here instead of posting it on the forum because I trust the answers more here because of the quality of the players here. 😁
Old 04-09-2019, 12:36 PM   #14
KleineBiere
Minors (Double A)

I have 5 Radbourn seasons in my database

KleineBiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:52 PM   #15
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post
I have 5 Radbourn seasons in my database

Thank you sooooo much for the info. The win loss ratios look good but other then that I see no reason for his 400,000 or more rate. All 5 of my starters have a lower lifetime ERA then he does and he gives up more hits then innings. I just don’t see the price. Thanks again for the info. I have been trying to get this info for a few seasons now. 👍
Old 04-09-2019, 12:57 PM   #16
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Thank you sooooo much for the info. The win loss ratios look good but other then that I see no reason for his 400,000 or more rate. All 5 of my starters have a lower lifetime ERA then he does and he gives up more hits then innings. I just don’t see the price. Thanks again for the info. I have been trying to get this info for a few seasons now. 👍
Even Johnson my 6th starter who I rotate with Greinke depending on who I play has a better ERA and winning pct then Big Hos.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:12 PM   #17
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I also want to thank JoeHart who I talked to about acquiring Big Hos maybe 10 seasons ago and he told me then we did not have enough information on him to make any kind of assessment and what he saw was not worth the going price. If the price was lower I probably would have got him back then and would have been very disappointed. Every starter I got except Pedro I got well under that price and Schilling and Halladay are much better in my opinion. (But I am very prejudiced because they have helped me win Championships.)
Old 04-09-2019, 05:04 PM   #18
joehart
All Star Starter

Wow....looks like your Ichiro needs his stealing dialed down.

His stats are very high but it looks like he gets caught pretty often.
Maybe too many good pitcher/catchers in your division/this league.
Attached Images
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:10 PM   #19
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Wow....looks like your Ichiro needs his stealing dialed down.

His stats are very high but it looks like he gets caught pretty often.
Maybe too many good pitcher/catchers in your division/this league.
Believe it or not, I did lower it. I thought to much. Lol.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:35 PM   #20
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
Yes this is definitely the "familiar" league this season. Tons of teams I'm very familiar with and a TON of good competition. Let's hope for a good battle all season and personally a turn around for my top Gryphon team after a LOSING season last week! Surely we have to rebound.

Some stats... P419/19 teams have won a whopping 66 world series titles, including 23 at the Perfect Level. An incredible EIGHT teams have won MULTIPLE Perfect WS titles, and most impressively? The New York Titans are one of the REALLY rare teams that have won multiple DIAMOND World Series titles. Very cool.

Should be fun. Let's get it on!!
After winning 116 games last year and my second championship it looks like I may end up going back down to try for a third.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote