Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-01-2018, 03:44 PM   #1
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

Is there a way to lock the "Acquired" info to the profile page?

I always like to be able to tell at a glance how a player ended up on a particular team, meaning drafted, FA signing, etc., without having to click the "History" tab. When that information appears on the player's profile face page, it does so under either the "Salary" or "Signed Through" line and just above the "Morale" line. But it doesn't appear for every guy. Can I force the game to display that for everyone?
ConStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:16 AM   #2
hluraven
Major Leagues

I believe it displays for all players who have changed team since the game started. It doesn't show for players who were on their current team when your universe started.
hluraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:13 AM   #3
malor
Major Leagues

I found that if the player has a twitter handle, it gets pushed down below the twitter line and thus off the viewable box on my screen.

The twitter feature is probably an MLB License requirement so it is not going anywhere, but it is by far the most useless new feature in this version. Honestly, does anyway actually click and use it while playing the game?

Malor
malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:48 AM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

what's twitter? is it for twits? and what the heck would the 'verb' of that word be?

LoL.. and what's this myspace i keep hearing about

it's just one more way to ignore people in your presence. proud to say it's been years since i logged into facebook. it's got to be disabled by now. i've never made an instagram or twitter account. however, can't say that i've never made a tinder account, lol.

i'm a techy and think related stuff is nonsense.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:35 PM   #5
malor
Major Leagues

NoOne. That is the way I see it too. For me, the twitter handle is a waste of in game screen space and should be removed. But if MLB license requires it, we are stuck with it.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:49 AM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

yeah, not too worried about it on the screen, myself.

try a larger resolution, if possible. more lines visible etc.. but, if you are maxed out already nothign you can do.. maybe text size smaller will allow for another line to be visible?

i thought at 1920*1080 the transaction line is visible along with the twit information on main part of profile? could be wrong of course.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:15 AM   #7
malor
Major Leagues

I play on a 27 inch monitor with the highest resolution. I've noticed that the Acquired line can appear or not depending on the amount of data above it. Some of the lines may wrap in the box taking two lines forcing the acquire line down. Also, once your league starts bringing in new fictional players, they don't have a Twitter account and thus that area is blank, which moves up the acquired line.

My request would be to move the Twitter line to the bottom of the box, but it probably started there and was moved up to make it more visible.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:53 PM   #8
mtopham
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
what's twitter? is it for twits? and what the heck would the 'verb' of that word be?

LoL.. and what's this myspace i keep hearing about

it's just one more way to ignore people in your presence. proud to say it's been years since i logged into facebook. it's got to be disabled by now. i've never made an instagram or twitter account. however, can't say that i've never made a tinder account, lol.

i'm a techy and think related stuff is nonsense.
What's a Facebook? A book of faces?

I don't understand why we need these on the screen to begin with! I wish they could be toggled off...
Old 04-03-2018, 09:43 PM   #9
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

the size of screen is not relative.

it's only about resolution. if your screen or gpu cannot display/render at a higher reso, then you can't squeeze any morepixels in to that same inch^2 area.

higher resolution will actually make things smaller on the same sized screen.

a 1080p resolution on any sized screen will always show exactly the same on-screen image.

another tidbit.. if your screen is X*Y resolution, it will always display at that resolution. it's always upscaled or downscaled to fit onthe screen in full. otherise you'd get black bars around lower reso's or a large amount of overscanning and lost portion of the image.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-03-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:38 AM   #10
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
the size of screen is not relative.

it's only about resolution. if your screen or gpu cannot display/render at a higher reso, then you can't squeeze any morepixels in to that same inch^2 area.

higher resolution will actually make things smaller on the same sized screen.

a 1080p resolution on any sized screen will always show exactly the same on-screen image.

another tidbit.. if your screen is X*Y resolution, it will always display at that resolution. it's always upscaled or downscaled to fit onthe screen in full. otherise you'd get black bars around lower reso's or a large amount of overscanning and lost portion of the image.
Just as a follow-up ... I'm running some max-level resolution over here (think 2500-ish on a widescreen monitor) and it's not appearing still.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:42 AM   #11
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

Can we get someone from the company to answer this, please?

EDIT: I'm also now noticing that players' history has either been deleted or moved somewhere I can't find it. There used to be a way to track a player's progression through the league -- i.e., drafted by one team, released, signed by Team #2, released, signed by Team #3, etc. Now that information is completely gone. Under the History tab, under the Complete History section, there is simply "No history data found" for a lot of these guys. Where did this information go?

Last edited by ConStar; 04-25-2018 at 03:55 AM.