Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Suggestions

FHM 4 - Suggestions Do you have suggestions / ideas for future FHM version? Please tell us about it here.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:17 PM   #1
darren111
Bat Boy

Some Suggestions

FHM 4 is a great game. However, I do have some suggestions to help make it better.

1. Improved Playoff Experience
Right now the playoffs advance just like the regular season, there's no playoff tree, and really no major indication that you're in the playoffs. It would be nice to see the playoffs get some special treatment. Especially when you make the finals and win.

2. Tweak the Ratings System
Okay so the ratings system is relatively easy to figure out once you get it. However, when a player starts over performing or underperforming his rating it would be nice to see an indication that he might be improving or declining. For instance if you have a rookie or young unproven player who has 2 star ability and potential but might outplay that it would be nice for there to be an indication on his profile that there's a chance he's better than expected. And the same is true for a 4 star player that might underperform.

3. Realistic Difficulty
So while in a lot of faucets this game is extremely realistic, it can still be relatively easy to build up a powerhouse team. Yes some skill goes into this but in FHM 3 I had a 130+ point team 3 or 4 years in a row and now in FHM 4 I'm starting to enter that same stage. While being a really good team shouldn't be too difficult as that would take away the fun, and it shouldn't be impossible to be completely dominant, however at the same time it should be more difficult to become a historically good team IMO.

4. Tweaking Free Agents
This is a relatively minor concern but just the way free agency operates could be a little bit smoother. I like seeing the board of all the free agents but having a "use same offer for each year" button would be really nice. As well as how the FAs respond. Also almost all FAs just seem to take the highest salary offered. While this is sometimes how it works it would be nice for all the players to have unique lists of priorities and maybe sign based on other factors.

5. Continue giving Players Unique Personalities
I like the steps FHM has taken in this direction. I hope it continues to expand.

6. Make International More Immersive
Right now I never accept International jobs because I don't enjoy it. You just pick the best players and let them go play. It would be nice for there to be more decision making or controversies in this mode. Such as taking players from your own teams (Like what happened with Yzerman a couple years ago). Or even entwined in player personality could be a decrease in morale if they don't get selected.

7. More media interaction
Having to deal with the media more in almost every facet and giving your GM a personality would be cool.

I don't know how many of these are feasible right now and how many would be difficult to do. However, thank you for reading and taking it into consideration.
darren111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:20 PM   #2
darren111
Bat Boy

Oh, also an introduction of some advanced stats and seeing a diversity in which teams trust them or coaches do might be cool too.
darren111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #3
redtiger7
All Star Starter

When the playoffs start click on standings, and then the playoff tab. You'll find teh playoff tree there.
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #4
number1alien
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren111 View Post
6. Make International More Immersive
Right now I never accept International jobs because I don't enjoy it. You just pick the best players and let them go play. It would be nice for there to be more decision making or controversies in this mode. Such as taking players from your own teams (Like what happened with Yzerman a couple years ago). Or even entwined in player personality could be a decrease in morale if they don't get selected.
I definitely would love to see the international part of the game featured more prominently, including having your record (and player's statistics) kept on the individual's profile for international duty. Those alone would make it feel much more a part of the game.
number1alien is offline   Reply With Quote