Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 06-18-2017, 12:10 AM   #1
PDHitman
Major Leagues

30 team/2 lg/3 div/5 teams w/ interleague balanced schedule

I run Random Debut Baseball League (RDBL) and our league setup is that of MLB. I would like to have a schedule where every team plays every team in the opposite league for a 3 game series (just 3 games, not a home/away series) and 4/4/3/3 against their division foes and 3/3 against the other 10 teams in their league. That leaves one game that can just get put in randomly as a double header somewhere.
3x15=45 6x10=60 4x14=56

Thank you for your help with this!

Paul
RDBL Commish/Baltimore
RDBL Website

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore." -Yogi
PDHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:12 AM   #2
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Some similar schedules on sched list

I found some that are close but not exact to your ideal schedule.

1. 162 games - div 15x4=60, sl 6x10=60, il 42g, 3 or 2 games each opp.

2. 162 games - div 12-15x4=54, sl 6x10=60, il 48g 3x14=42, 6x1=6

3. 165 games= div 15x4=60, sl 6x10=60, il 15x3=45

Pros/cons:

schedule 1 gives you a really close setup in subleague, but is 3 fewer interleague games and they are a mixture of 3 or 2 games each opponent rather than a simple 3 games.

schedule 2 is the closest to your request but the 1 extra series against 1 interleague team may feel weird. Also this schedule has 10 schedule rotation to change the matchup for the il team.

schedule 3 gives you the perfect matchups for the subleague and the interleague. The schedule is balanced in the division so it has a few more games in the schedule. I like this one the best because it hits 2 of your requirements perfectly and is only 3 more games than the 162 game norm. You could take this and remove 3 total games against each division team, but this would give you an uneven number of home and away games, (3x14, 1x15). This would match your exact request if you remove the 3 games, but I personally like it with the balance in division of 15 games. this schedule should probably have 2 versions to "flip" the matchups because this would balanced out the interleague 0/3 or 3/0 and division 9/6 or 6/9 matchups

I would suggest keeping the 3rd option, either remove 3 games and it matches your request perfectly or keep it at 165 and have the matchups perfect sl and il, as well as balanced in division.

I have uploaded an example of each schedule. They are commented by the original creator - GMO. There may be other schedules in the list but with out comments in the file I do not really want to have to open each in excel and analyze what the schedule formats are.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:30 PM   #3
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Nevermind.

Last edited by bailey; 08-03-2017 at 06:33 PM.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:45 AM   #4
tomnov
Minors (Double A)

I'm looking for something very similar, and I think it's very doable, maybe by one of the experts in here or someone with some sort of scheduling software.
15 team AL & 15 Team NL
3 divisions of 5 teams each.
7 3 game home interleague series, and 7 3 game away interleague series (14 teams) (rotating each year)
1 interleague geographical rival series 2 home & 2 away.
3 game each home & away against the 5 teams in each of the 2 other divisions.
7 home & 7 away games against each divisional rival (a 3 game & 4 game homestand and away series each)

so 14 x 3 + (2+2 played as a home & home 4 game series)
= 42+4 = 46 interleague games played in 15 series
+ 60 game interdivisional 10 x (3+3) played in 20 series
+ 56 intradivisional games 4 x (7+7) played in 16 series
(8 3 game series, 8 4 game series) the extra home game would rotate yearly
so 46 + 60 + 56 = 162 games.
This can be played out in 26 weeks or 51 series + 3 day all-star break.
Teams would get 17 Thursdays off, play 9 Thursdays,
other series would fall M-W, F-Sun.
Other points to be touched in the scheduling:
obviously, due to an odd number of teams in each league, at least 1 series per half-week would need to be interleague.
divisional rivals should have 1 series each against all 4 other teams in their division during September, with the remainder of the divisional games spread throughout April-Aug with divisional games preferably scheduled on the weekends.

I have given this schedule much thought in abstract, and believe it would be the most fair schedule that can be created for a 15+15 team interleague, and that the MLB irl should adopt this schedule. It would minimize the disparity between weaker divisions and stronger ones and be much more balanced for Wild Card competition.
If someone could generate a rotation of schedules to this end, I'd be very much obliged, and would be very happy to contribute these to the OOPB community if they come to fruition.
tomnov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:31 PM   #5
Kirby Paquette
Major Leagues

I got this one almost done. I will post it under its own thread later today. It is not perfect but it is very close from what you requested.
Kirby Paquette is offline   Reply With Quote