Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 09-10-2015, 03:04 PM   #1
salbball23
Bat Boy

Some newbie settings questions

I am trying to find the right mix of settings for what type of control I want to have in a few areas. I thought you guys might be able to point me in the right direction.

As a GM, I want to handle everything except for pretty much worrying about the contracts of MINOR league coaching staffs, I only want to make the calls for the major league team. I want to run the draft, make trades, FA signings, promote/demote prospects, etc.

As a manager, I don't really want to handle too many things except the power to set the lineup and rotation as I see fit. I'm not really sure what else the manager would really handle, so there may be more than I'm missing.

Any help? Thanks in advance!

Edit: On a different topic, is there a way to control a minor league player's playing time? Can you edit minor league team batting orders?

Last edited by salbball23; 09-10-2015 at 03:11 PM.
salbball23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 01:52 PM   #2
monkeystyxx
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbball23 View Post
I am trying to find the right mix of settings for what type of control I want to have in a few areas. I thought you guys might be able to point me in the right direction.

As a GM, I want to handle everything except for pretty much worrying about the contracts of MINOR league coaching staffs, I only want to make the calls for the major league team. I want to run the draft, make trades, FA signings, promote/demote prospects, etc.
Then you'll want to make sure you're in charge of:
Active Roster Moves
Transactions
Initiate/React To Trades
Drafting Players
Sign/Fire Team Personel

Leave everything else up to your assistant GM.

Note that you might want to consider controlling Minor League Free Agent Signings & Releases, to make sure the AI doesn't fire any of your draft picks that you wanted to keep.

Quote:
As a manager, I don't really want to handle too many things except the power to set the lineup and rotation as I see fit. I'm not really sure what else the manager would really handle, so there may be more than I'm missing.
That's all the manager does, outside of game day when he's in charge of the substitutions and defensive strategies. If you sim your games then you don't need to worry. You can safely keep both pitching and lineups in your control.

Quote:
Any help? Thanks in advance!

Edit: On a different topic, is there a way to control a minor league player's playing time? Can you edit minor league team batting orders?
You can control them, but not if you've given control to the AI (obviously!). Unfortunately you can't pick and choose which minor league teams you control and which you don't.

One thing that's worth checking, go to League Settings, set the dropdown box in the top right to one of your minor league team's leagues, and check that Base Depth Chart & Pitching Staff AI On..." is set to Potential Ability. Check this for each league that you have a minor league team in (I think it defaults to Potential for all of them anyway but it's worth checking). That way the AI will play the players with higher potential in the minor leagues, instead of the best current players. Thus, the potential stars will get more playing time.

Last edited by monkeystyxx; 09-12-2015 at 01:54 PM.
monkeystyxx is offline   Reply With Quote