Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 08-31-2015, 10:03 PM   #1
touya
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cannot hire Team Trainer?

Okay, one more issue here that has me puzzled: I have no option to hire a team trainer. "Offer contract" is simply missing. Why would that be so?

EDIT: And another issue I seem to have: Whenever I use the advanced setup for a historical season I seem to jump right before the season opener, with no spring training? (yes spring training is activated)

Last edited by touya; 08-31-2015 at 10:20 PM.
touya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:48 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by touya View Post
Okay, one more issue here that has me puzzled: I have no option to hire a team trainer. "Offer contract" is simply missing. Why would that be so?
My suggestion on this would be to make sure you have the parent team selected because you cannot hire a team trainer for the minor leagues.
Attached Images

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:53 PM   #3
touya
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I don't even get to the "offer contract" dialogue. If I right click, the option to offer a contract is missing. Same in "available options" in the staff persons screen.

This may have something to do with a setting in the advanced season setup?

I seem to have difficulty to get the settings I usually have. The "templates" only work for the left part of the setup it seems, and whenever I load anything (even "default") the rules/options settings seem all weird (secondary roster deactivated, and some other things).
Old 08-31-2015, 11:00 PM   #4
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't even get to the "offer contract" dialogue. If I right click, the option to offer a contract is missing. Same in "available options" in the staff persons screen.

This may have something to do with a setting in the advanced season setup?

I seem to have difficulty to get the settings I usually have. The "templates" only work for the left part of the setup it seems, and whenever I load anything (even "default") the rules/options settings seem all weird (secondary roster deactivated, and some other things).
Make sure you have coaching turned on (Game, Game Settings, Global Settings, Use Complete Coaching System). Make sure you are actually in control of the team and not just "acting as" commissioner. Make sure the people you are offering jobs to are actually unemployed and available (there's a big difference between Staff Search and Sign Team Staff - the latter will take you to available personnel).
Attached Images

- Bru

Old 08-31-2015, 11:01 PM   #5
touya
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ugh. Never mind? I need to shortlist the person before. Sometimes? Sometimes not?

Edit: Yes, I have that on. I now had the problem that I didn't have the option for a Pitching Coach. But adding him to the shortlist and right clicking from there gave me the option.

Edit2: Thanks. It was the commissioner mode, I forgot to turn off. It seems that messes with the menus.. sometimes.

Last edited by touya; 08-31-2015 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:03 PM   #6
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
EDIT: And another issue I seem to have: Whenever I use the advanced setup for a historical season I seem to jump right before the season opener, with no spring training? (yes spring training is activated)
Regarding this, I just took a look to confirm: It's hard coded to take you right to Opening Day, apparently. Don't know why. Maybe because you are essentially asking to start with status quo as of the first day of the season that you selected, then make changes or stay with status quo (that is, closely follow history) later on. That seems to be the assumption.

- Bru

Old 08-31-2015, 11:06 PM   #7
touya
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I started a new season and did nothing different (as far as I remember) and it started on January first. No idea what was causing this.