Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-18-2014, 02:46 PM   #21
xnickx5757
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
St. Louis dies have Dan Kantrovitz correctly set as the scouting director and other teams also have their correct scouting guys. If they aren't showing up it's a game bug, not a roster bug, but they show up fine here.

Ratings of 0 means you need to rescout. Nothing to do with the rosters.

hmm...

i'll start a new game and get back to you
xnickx5757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:10 PM   #22
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Kendrys Morales and Stephen Drew don't have compensation attached to them.

Last edited by Tyler87898; 04-18-2014 at 03:22 PM. Reason: nevermind about Heany
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:20 PM   #23
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler87898 View Post

I know you guys don't listen to this for this thread, but I can't believe Andrew Heaney is rated so low as he is a top SP prospect, but that's just my unimportant opinion. The compensation thing is pretty important though.

Regarding Morales and Drew, I don't think OOTP has ever(or been able to) attach compensation value to the previous years FA's when you start a new version of OOTP. If you check OOTP14 any compensation from the 2012 FA's wont be included for the 1st season. But when you play out the 2014 season the compensation picks will apply for 2015 onwards.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:20 PM   #24
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:

I know you guys don't listen to this for this thread, but I can't believe Andrew Heaney is rated so low as he is a top SP prospect, but that's just my unimportant opinion. The compensation thing is pretty important though.
Sure we listen to MiLB rating stuff. That's not done by PECOTA. we put tons of work into rating these guys though, so you'll want to be pretty convincing when arguing for a different rating, because it's likely we've already looked at a given guy very, very closely.

That being said everyone sees things a bit differently and there are some guys I think are underrated but that the guy who does the top 100 prospects is good with. It is what it is really, in the end that's what the editor is for.

I don't know what more you want on Heaney though. His potentials are 135-142-135 stuff-move-control. He's pretty much a top 10 pitching prospect with those ratings. We could bump him up a little more imo, maybe his stuff up to 145 or so, but overall he's just about right.

As for compensation, that's not something we can set manually. The comp only gets attached once you play the game and start simming seasons. Maybe we can mention this to Markus and get him to add the ability for us to edit comp stuff in the future, but I wouldn't expect it to happen this year.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-18-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #25
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Sure we listen to MiLB rating stuff. That's not done by PECOTA. we put tons of work into rating these guys though, so you'll want to be pretty convincing when arguing for a different rating, because it's likely we've already look at a given guy very, very closely.

That being said everyone sees things a bit differently and there are some guys I think are underrated but that the guy who does the top 100 prospects is good with. It is what it is really, in the end that's what the editor is for.

I don't know what more you want on Heaney though. His potentials are 135-142-135 stuff-move-control. He's pretty much a top 10 pitching prospect with those ratings. We could bump him up a little more imo, maybe his stuff up to 145 or so, but overall he's just about right.

As for compensation, that's not something we can set manually. The comp only gets attached once you play the game and start simming seasons. Maybe we can mention this to Markus and get him to add the ability for us to edit comp stuff in the future, but I wouldn't expect it to happen this year.
You're right about Heaney it was my mistake to jump on him before looking at his real ratings (like it says to in the first post haha).
Old 04-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #26
stevens84
Minors (Double A)

A lot of the draft pool prospects have the wrong birthdate?

They can't all be born on January 1st?
stevens84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #27
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevens84 View Post
A lot of the draft pool prospects have the wrong birthdate?

They can't all be born on January 1st?
Nope, many of the draft prospects are still wip

Those 1-1's are guys we don't have dob's for yet. We can get most of them from Perfect Game and other sources and we will do so and will continually be updating them. Each patch you should see this get a little better

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-18-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #28
NateAndStuff
Minors (Triple A)

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I just got to opening day on a new save file and all 100 of the top 100 prospects are relievers...
Attached Images
NateAndStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:35 PM   #29
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateAndStuff View Post
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I just got to opening day on a new save file and all 100 of the top 100 prospects are relievers...
Umm, I have no idea. Pretty sure this isn't the right place though, it's not like that in the roster set for real or in my game. Might want to post in the bug report forum.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:46 PM   #30
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

I guess since Clayton Kershaw was injured as of opening day for all other teams, he is also injured for the games in Australia (which is like a week before the other opening day)?
Old 04-18-2014, 03:52 PM   #31
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I guess since Clayton Kershaw was injured as of opening day for all other teams, he is also injured for the games in Australia (which is like a week before the other opening day)?
Good point, though a bit of an excessively sarcastic way of making it.

We probably should've set him as not being injured. I think haveband may change this once he sees it.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:59 PM   #32
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Quote:
though a bit of an excessively sarcastic way of making it.
Sorry, didn't mean it like that !
Old 04-18-2014, 04:00 PM   #33
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Sorry, didn't mean it like that !

No worries, I shouldn't even have said anything. It's hard to tell intent on the internet sometimes
Old 04-18-2014, 04:01 PM   #34
draven085
Hall Of Famer

40-man rosters in the All-In-One download seem off. I checked the Red Sox, Diamond Backs, and White Sox and all three teams have between 28 and 31 players on their 40-man.
draven085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #35
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven085 View Post
40-man rosters in the All-In-One download seem off. I checked the Red Sox, Diamond Backs, and White Sox and all three teams have between 28 and 31 players on their 40-man.
Yeah, they won't be right. The game sets them up itself, not us.

They also stay a bit lower than irl because a really full 40 man causes the ai some issues with player movement.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:04 PM   #36
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Question about the posting system on the roster for the other leagues. I don't know much about international leagues but since there is some sort of posting system in Japan, shouldn't that be on there league? All the international leagues have the posting disabled.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:05 PM   #37
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirmenSmith View Post
Question about the posting system on the roster for the other leagues. I don't know much about international leagues but since there is some sort of posting system in Japan, shouldn't that be on there league? All the international leagues have the posting disabled.
Yep. It's supposed to be enabled for Japan. If not it's a bug.

I'll check and report it if it's turned off in my game as well.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:41 PM   #38
stevens84
Minors (Double A)

Another draft pool issue:

3B Dominic Cuoci has big league stats? I believe they're former big league OF John Bowker's?
Attached Images
stevens84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:45 PM   #39
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevens84 View Post
Another draft pool issue:

3B Dominic Cuoci has big league stats? I believe they're former big league OF John Bowker's?
Thanks. Fixing it as we speak.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #40
Nightwing
Bat Boy

Ubaldo Jimenez contract is wrong in the game. It says he signed it prior to the 2013 season and will be a free agent after 2016, when he really signed it prior to the 2014 season and will be a free agent after 2017. He salary for the 2014 season is 11.25 million, 2015: 12.25 million, 2016: 13 million, 2017: 13.5 million
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote