Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Purchasing Contracts and Indy League designation

I run a game that consists of Indy league teams like the Can-Am league and the Atlantic League. I run them alongside Real MLB franchises and their Minor League affiliate teams. Like it is in real life

Two questions:

I run these teams as "Unaffiliated AA" Clubs. But will we (or, could we) have a way to designate them as "Independent" in 13?

(BTW, what does the designation "International" mean?)

Also, will (or could)we see a feature where Major League clubs could offer to purchase contracts?
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

I've been asking for years for these features...I think a majority of users would really enjoy the possibility of purchasing a phenom, and watching them develop throughout their career...or to have a comeback player story. Plenty of immersion (and creativity) possible!
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Can't understand why it isn't a feature... Unless it's a coding issue.

I run a salary cap in my league (which many AI teams never seem to truly adhere to). Eventually players who are really good, and those that are greedy, at some point ask for a multimillion dollar contract, and that's when they leave and go on to a big league club. It usually happens though, when a player is 29-30. I don't know any player in real life with talent who would want to stick around with a little dinky indy league until the age of 30. So, it would be nice if big league clubs could offer to buy the contracts of high talent players from clubs who are designated "independent".

Like... (you guessed it)... in real life. It would also keep the talent level of the smaller indy leagues true to real life talent level.

Last edited by drksd4848; 03-20-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Bumpity bump bump...

Bump bump
Old 03-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
ihatenames
Hall Of Famer

Consider my name added to the petition.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:56 AM   #6
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Me so want this.
shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #7
risp2out
All Star Reserve

"Purchase Contract" is one of the missing elements that makes it hard to recreate the environment of 1901 through 1950. I would so, so, so like this feature.

If a "bid for rights to negotiate" feature was added (what MLB clubs have to offer for the right to court Japanese major leaguers), another major element of modeling the real baseball world would be in place, too.
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #8
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
Can't understand why it isn't a feature... Unless it's a coding issue.

I run a salary cap in my league (which many AI teams never seem to truly adhere to). Eventually players who are really good, and those that are greedy, at some point ask for a multimillion dollar contract, and that's when they leave and go on to a big league club. It usually happens though, when a player is 29-30. I don't know any player in real life with talent who would want to stick around with a little dinky indy league until the age of 30. So, it would be nice if big league clubs could offer to buy the contracts of high talent players from clubs who are designated "independent".

Like... (you guessed it)... in real life. It would also keep the talent level of the smaller indy leagues true to real life talent level.
I think one of the issues is the willingness of good players to sign multi-year deals with lower-level indy teams. In real life you'd basically never have a good 22-year-old sign a 3-year deal with an Atlantic League team.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #9
Cras
Hall Of Famer

One thing that was brought up over the years was the ability to restrict contracts to x amount of years, so say you can restrict players to only signing a 1 year contract.

But I agree, at somepoint this will have to get in, the full concept of purchasing a contract.
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote