Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 08-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #21
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by udbacker58 View Post
Anybody know why the hair doesn't show? I noticed it happens with any card, not just these templates.
Interesting question. Do these FaceGen photos ever have hair though? It just maybe more noticeable here since they are much larger images than what you usually see in-game.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:24 PM   #22
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Just made this one. Hair shows up...
Attached Images
Old 08-13-2010, 10:27 PM   #23
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Here's another. Seems to work fine...
Attached Images
Old 08-13-2010, 11:48 PM   #24
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTeams View Post
Here's another. Seems to work fine...
Interesting, I see posts of pics from everyone else in this thread that don't show the sideburns. What version are you using? Maybe I am missing a FaceGen file or something.
udbacker58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:08 AM   #25
BMW
Hall Of Famer

There are different facial hair packs you can use. There's nothing I can do in placing the photo that would affect facial hair though.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:27 AM   #26
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by udbacker58 View Post
Interesting, I see posts of pics from everyone else in this thread that don't show the sideburns. What version are you using? Maybe I am missing a FaceGen file or something.
Most of the shots posted here are straight on, so the sideburns are a little harder to see, but they are there. My shots are from the angled position so the sideburns are much easier to see. Perhaps that is what you are noticing.

Last edited by DreamTeams; 08-14-2010 at 11:10 AM.
DreamTeams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #27
thevaliantx
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Does OOTP11 have the ability to switch baseball card templates on the fly?

Or, is this something that we will be able to do in OOTP13? I'm really wanting to be able to try out different baseball card styles on my players, but I am NOT a graphic designer nor do I want to do lots of configuring of my game (just not a tinkerer, or a tinkle bell).
thevaliantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #28
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

No it does not. It can use different styles for regular, HoF and AS. But that's because they are set up as different cards. Maybe, if bbcards are improved, we can have different cards per "era" or "decade" or so forth. But not now.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:30 AM   #29
thevaliantx
Minors (Triple A)

Perhaps another bbcard feature Markus could add is 'TURN BASEBALL CARDS ON' in which all players in your league would have generated baseball cards. Those with less than 10 games under their belt, for example, would be FUTURE STARS. Those who made the All-Star team as a rookie could be ALL-STAR ROOKIE. Just some ideas, Markus!
Old 05-20-2011, 01:48 AM   #30
John C
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Those cards of Mike Bordi and Billy Aude bring back such good memories.

John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #31
sjam613
Minors (Double A)

Amazing stuff. Every time I find a template I love, another one comes along that is just as damn good if not better.
sjam613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #32
DB930
Major Leagues

I don't normally use the baseball card feature, but since I've just begun a historical league starting in 1986, and I've always loved the '87 Topps set, figured this would be the perfect time to use these awesome templates.

Anyway, I installed them, but I'm having a couple of problems. Even tho I have the "commando" font installed, the names on the front aren't showing up in it. And the stats on the back have the year/totals column on the left all messed up (most of the text on the back is also supposed to use a font called "vera", which I don't seem to have and can't find; got "bitstream vera", which may or may not be the same thing).

The thread title says that these were originally designed for OOTP11--could that be why they're not displaying correctly in 12?
Attached Images
Image Image 
DB930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #33
jhart05
Major Leagues

Last edited by jhart05; 04-05-2012 at 11:25 PM.
jhart05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #34
klavier
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB930 View Post
I don't normally use the baseball card feature, but since I've just begun a historical league starting in 1986, and I've always loved the '87 Topps set, figured this would be the perfect time to use these awesome templates.

Anyway, I installed them, but I'm having a couple of problems. Even tho I have the "commando" font installed, the names on the front aren't showing up in it. And the stats on the back have the year/totals column on the left all messed up (most of the text on the back is also supposed to use a font called "vera", which I don't seem to have and can't find; got "bitstream vera", which may or may not be the same thing).

The thread title says that these were originally designed for OOTP11--could that be why they're not displaying correctly in 12?

You don't need to install any fonts.

I just installed the demo for 12 to check this out and I'm getting the same problem with the commando and vera fonts. Even the OOTP default card has the staggered stats.

Made in OOTP 11:

Made in OOTP 12:
klavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:42 AM   #35
thevaliantx
Minors (Triple A)

does this set contain the All-Star Rookie logo (the big gold cup) like they had for McGwire and Canseco rookie cards?
Old 09-21-2015, 02:53 PM   #36
ghostrobot
Minors (Double A)

I'm having an issue with this template and was hoping that someone might be able to help me out. The cards are generating, but the players' heads are cut off through the middle of the face. I've tried to change the "player picture" zoom settings but the result is the same. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Attached Images
Image Image 
ghostrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:49 PM   #37
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

That's usually the result of the height and width settings for the player picture not matching the 90x135 aspect ratio of a default player picture. This template hasn't been updated in ages, so try making sure the dimensions have the right ratio.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:15 PM   #38
ghostrobot
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
That's usually the result of the height and width settings for the player picture not matching the 90x135 aspect ratio of a default player picture. This template hasn't been updated in ages, so try making sure the dimensions have the right ratio.
Thanks for the tip. Are you saying I need to change the aspect ration in the baseball card templates? I'm sot sure how to do that. Also, if it's worth anything, I'm not having problems with any of the other templates that I've tested. They all work fine.

**UPDATE**
I've found a new set of XML files and this appears to have corrected the issue.

Last edited by ghostrobot; 09-21-2015 at 07:00 PM.
ghostrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:18 PM   #39
Rickster62792
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Why is there no turn back the clock
Rickster62792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:00 PM   #40
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Has anyone tried to go through and take the HOF or AS cards, and modify them to say things like "Cy Young", "MVP", "Gold Glove", "Silver Slugger", etc.

I tried, and am NOT good at photo editing. I can't imagine off the default HoF card, it'd be that hard for someone who knows what they're doing.

I d/l the font "dom casual bold" for the card and adding the yellow text was easy enough, but deleting the HoF logo part appeared challenging for me.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote