Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 07-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #21
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

The year doesn't show up though.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #22
English_Ray
All Star Reserve

Hey BMW, I'm having a different issue - on the batters' cards, season hit totals aren't showing, and homerun numbers are there instead (the career total is displaying properly). On the pitchers cards, the career strikeout total is showing up with a decimal point (ie 1234.00). Any ideas why this is happening?

Cheers.
English_Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #23
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

The results look amazing, no doubt about that. But as I am unfamiliar with the 1974 source material involved, I have to ask: why is the player's name listed twice on the back of the card? It's shown on the left in a sans serif font and shown again on the right in a script font.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #24
GoCanes
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
The results look amazing, no doubt about that. But as I am unfamiliar with the 1974 source material involved, I have to ask: why is the player's name listed twice on the back of the card? It's shown on the left in a sans serif font and shown again on the right in a script font.
The 74 cards had the players full name on the left side and his signature on the right side on the back of the cards.
GoCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #25
kev24fan
Major Leagues

Can you do any of 1982-1986 Topps cards?
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #26
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleus Dei View Post
The year doesn't show up though.
Blast! That's what I get trying to do this from work. I missed that... But at least I knew what it was right away. I'll re-upload the file. It's up now at the same link. Try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by English_Ray View Post
Hey BMW, I'm having a different issue - on the batters' cards, season hit totals aren't showing, and homerun numbers are there instead (the career total is displaying properly). On the pitchers cards, the career strikeout total is showing up with a decimal point (ie 1234.00). Any ideas why this is happening?

Cheers.
This is actually some bugs that we found with the tokens in 11.2.15. There's a good chance that there will be a hotfix for some facegen wonkiness very soon, which will include the fixes to these fields.

Last edited by BMW; 07-15-2010 at 04:58 PM.
BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #27
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCanes View Post
The 74 cards had the players full name on the left side and his signature on the right side on the back of the cards.
Ah, that's what I figured. Thanks for the confirmation.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #28
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That is correct. There's only so much secondary information that I can put up there right now, and I had a cursive font available, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I thought it looked better than any other option that I had so I kept it as a very faux autograph.

Quote:
BTW I would love to see the 1970, 71 or 72 topps cards done. This really brings back some great memories from when I started collecting cards!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev24fan View Post
Can you do any of 1982-1986 Topps cards?
I'm itching to do more, that's for sure. I may redo my 1989 Upper Deck card next and my main goal is to have one set from each decade. I already have the 1880s, 1970s and 1980s.

I'm pretty sure that the final upgrade patch in the OOTP release cycle will give us the ability to have multiple templates that are assigned to years - which means that as you progress from 1871 to 2010, your card types will change every few seasons as well (as often as you have different cards).

Some cards, such as like 1985 Topps and 1986 Topps don't lend themselves well to this system (1985 Topps has writing that follows about a 20° angle and 1986 Topps has a totally wacky font). That said, it's possible to create something like 1985 Topps and 1986 Topps, but you'd have to pre-render all the borders - meaning that fictional teams would be unable to use them effectively.

But the good news is there are plenty of cards that will work well with the system. More than enough to keep modders busy.

Last edited by BMW; 07-15-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:03 PM   #29
English_Ray
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW View Post
This is actually some bugs that we found with the tokens in 11.2.15. There's a good chance that there will be a hotfix for some facegen wonkiness very soon, which will include the fixes to these fields.
Cool, good to know its not just me! Thanks again for this awesomeness!
English_Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:05 PM   #30
edm
All Star Starter

Those are freaking sweet!
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #31
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

Seriously awesome work. This made me go from not giving two craps about this feature to wanting to test this out with my league!
ShaneCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #32
jdettbarn
All Star Reserve

Awesome work!

Added them to the FBL tonight (few samples linked in post):
Federal Baseball League • View topic - Baseball Cards

NPBL Idaho Spuds GM
Former Federal Baseball League and JOBL Commish (2002 - 2011)
jdettbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #33
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleus Dei View Post
Yes, the stats now show up fine.
How did you get the stats to show up MD..?
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:53 PM   #34
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

When I downloaded and installed the earlier build (look higher up the thread) the stats appeared.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:39 AM   #35
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW View Post
Some cards, such as like 1985 Topps and 1986 Topps don't lend themselves well to this system (1985 Topps has writing that follows about a 20° angle and 1986 Topps has a totally wacky font). That said, it's possible to create something like 1985 Topps and 1986 Topps, but you'd have to pre-render all the borders - meaning that fictional teams would be unable to use them effectively.

But the good news is there are plenty of cards that will work well with the system. More than enough to keep modders busy.
I think for those years we can always settle for a Fleer or Donruss variant.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:42 AM   #36
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosunmate View Post
How did you get the stats to show up MD..?
It wasn't really a matter of getting them to work. More like I made a mistake which I fixed. Downloading from the link will get you the fresh, corrected version. The old and busted version is no more.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:47 AM   #37
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Amazing job BMW, thanks alot!
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:48 AM   #38
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I don't normally post just to say thank you, but I had to for this one. Thanks so much BMW!

I'd enjoy most any year probably, but my favorite baseball cards were the 1974 Topps set, so it's even cooler to have this year. They may not be "useful", but they really bring back some good memories.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:38 AM   #39
old timer
Hall Of Famer

There are a couple of errors on the stats side of the card. The hits column doesn't have the right stat in it. The K column for pitchers has a decimal number below the total.

One more thing. If a league is in the off-season and you generate a card, it has his previous season and the current year which hasn't been played yet duplicated. In other words, if 1920 was the last season played, it will be correct, but 1921 will also be listed and with 1920's stats. Is this a bug in the game or the template?
Old 07-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #40
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
There are a couple of errors on the stats side of the card. The hits column doesn't have the right stat in it. The K column for pitchers has a decimal number below the total.

One more thing. If a league is in the off-season and you generate a card, it has his previous season and the current year which hasn't been played yet duplicated. In other words, if 1920 was the last season played, it will be correct, but 1921 will also be listed and with 1920's stats. Is this a bug in the game or the template?
That's a bug in the OOTP executable itself. The beta team has been looking at a hotfix for some FaceGen wonkiness that should have a 11.2.16 or 11.2.17 out very soon that will fix this.

The second is something that I noticed and it depends, generally, on when you generate the card. Currently auto-generated all-star cards should never exhibit this and the HOF cards shouldn't either. But it can be a problem with the manual cards. It is more the OOTP executable, coupled with the right (i.e. wrong) time of year.