Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 05-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #21
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Installed everything to the default locations and imported my data. When I click on the card creator, I get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 no such table: leagues' in C:\Program Files\OOTP-Utils\_lib\htdocs\bin\phpclasses\db.inc.php:30 Stack trace: #0 C:\Program Files\OOTP-Utils\_lib\htdocs\bin\phpclasses\db.inc.php(30): PDO->query('SELECT league_i...') #1 C:\Program Files\OOTP-Utils\_lib\htdocs\bin\phpclasses\league.class.php( 7): SQL->sqlQuery('SELECT league_i...') #2 C:\Program Files\OOTP-Utils\_lib\htdocs\bin\views\bb_designer.inc.php(6) : League->getTeams() #3 C:\Program Files\OOTP-Utils\_lib\htdocs\bin\includes\header.inc.php(12): include('C:\Program File...') #4 C:\Program Files\OOTP-Utils\_lib\htdocs\index.php(22): include('C:\Program File...') #5 {main} thrown in C:\Program Files\OOTP-Utils\_lib\htdocs\bin\phpclasses\db.inc.php on line 30
udbacker58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #22
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

Yeah, there seems to be an issue with file locations having spaces, so I'm working on that now, I'll let you know when I have it tweaked, but in the meantime, if you uninstall and reinstall to C:\ instead of C:\Program Files you should be in good shape.
Thanks,
Joe

Last edited by joe_44850; 05-13-2010 at 08:38 PM.
joe_44850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #23
udbacker58
All Star Starter

I get the same error when I install to C:\
Old 05-13-2010, 09:07 PM   #24
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

Hmm, did you re-import? I have done a few tests, anytime I have it in a directory with no spaces, the import works fine. As soon as I have a space, it fails...grrr. I'll keep working on it.

Last edited by joe_44850; 05-13-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #25
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Yes. However, there appears to be a script error that pops up when I try to load the card editor page. Could this have to do with me not having the game in the default location?
Attached Images
Old 05-13-2010, 10:19 PM   #26
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_44850 View Post
Hmm, did you re-import? I have done a few tests, anytime I have it in a directory with no spaces, the import works fine. As soon as I have a space, it fails...grrr. I'll keep working on it.

Thanks for your efforts Joe.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:21 PM   #27
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

Well, first thanks for giving me this feedback, that's why it's beta i guess haha. Try this, delete any signs of the program, then download it again and re-install, re-import, and let me know what the results are.

By the way, if anyone else wants to give it a shot:
http://www.joelinstrum.com/ootp-util...tils-setup.exe

Thanks!
Joe

Last edited by joe_44850; 05-13-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:27 AM   #28
udbacker58
All Star Starter

That worked and they look great! Thanks for sharing this

A couple of things: Looks like there are some issues with apostrophies (it cuts the link off at the '). It would be neat if you could edit the text on the back a little more, positioning, font, etc. It would be cool if minor league stats would have the league abbrevation (AAA)(AA)(A)(S A)(R), and bold text for MVP/Cy Young/ROY with something to designate an all-star year on the back too (like a diamond next to the year). Also, is it possible to see a preview of the text before creating?

Again, they look good so far.

http://www.usbaonline.net/images/car...roly_5264.html (this is the link the utility produces - http://www.usbaonline.net/images/cards/2015/Dave-O )
http://www.usbaonline.net/images/car...owsey_990.html
http://www.usbaonline.net/images/car...ride_3672.html
http://www.usbaonline.net/images/car...kson_6196.html
Old 05-14-2010, 04:18 AM   #29
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by udbacker58 View Post
That worked and they look great! Thanks for sharing this

A couple of things: Looks like there are some issues with apostrophies (it cuts the link off at the '). It would be neat if you could edit the text on the back a little more, positioning, font, etc. It would be cool if minor league stats would have the league abbrevation (AAA)(AA)(A)(S A)(R), and bold text for MVP/Cy Young/ROY with something to designate an all-star year on the back too (like a diamond next to the year). Also, is it possible to see a preview of the text before creating?

Again, they look good so far.

http://www.usbaonline.net/images/car...roly_5264.html (this is the link the utility produces - http://www.usbaonline.net/images/cards/2015/Dave-O )
http://www.usbaonline.net/images/car...owsey_990.html
http://www.usbaonline.net/images/car...ride_3672.html
http://www.usbaonline.net/images/car...kson_6196.html
Nice, I'm glad we got it working on your comp! Your cards were a lot of fun to check out, I love seeing how a player progresses through his career. Ralph McBride and Ray Rowsey had some monster seasons.
I think I can implement a couple of your suggestions without any problem.
Adding minor league abbreviations - yes
Adding MVP, ROY, and Al-star - yes
Preview of text...mmm, it will be tricky. I'll give it some thought, I can definitely see the value in it.
Position text on the back of the card - yes, but probably version II, since it would need it's own kind of window thing (like the front of the card currently has). Maybe I could have a couple of options for padding, that might help in the meantime. Font styles are limited to Arial, but I could change that as well. However, with longer careers, the font sizes get squeezed, and only a few fonts look good at 6 7 and 8 point.
I'd also like to bold years where a stat lead the league. I actually had it in there but it slowed the creation process way down.
Apostrophe's cut off -- I'll fix that in a patch as well

Great feedback, I'll work on a patch. The patch is applied from the opening screen's "Check for update" item.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #30
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

Just added an update:
Option to show a star if player was an All-Star that year
Option to fade minor league stats a bit (helps keep them visually separated from major league stats)
Now shows league level (abbreviation, limited to 3 characters)
Teamnames longer than 14 characters are truncated

If you have already downloaded the program, just open the program and click on Check for updates, then install the updates.

Cheers,
Joe
Old 05-14-2010, 11:21 PM   #31
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Cool. Updated through the utility successfully. The All-Star setting does add quite a bit of time to the creation, enough that it is timing out on my old cpu. As for the minor league abbreviations, it isn't quite working like I visioned it. I was hoping it would say the level (such as AAA), not the league. My minor league names are USBA AAA, USBA AA, and USBA A; so the abb is USB for all levels. I cannot tell the difference between minor league stats color and major league ones, even at 90%. Could just be me though. Not noticing the bold either. Sharp was the leader when he hit .401 and Lawrence led the league when he hit 62 HR; text looks the same to me. I can't see where the star is going either, Sharp was an all-star this year.

http://www.usbaonline.net/images/car...harp_5213.html
http://www.usbaonline.net/images/car...ence_1210.html

Last edited by udbacker58; 05-14-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #32
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

The bold works on my machine, but it might have issues on other computers. Sometimes really small fonts - which the stats are - only show bold from 9pt and higher. I could try adding options of bold, italics, or a color, like red?

I'm going to have to add a way to give the script a "breather" so that it doesn't time out. I'll post when I have a new patch.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #33
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

Newest patch includes a timeout fix, the ability to "Cancel" (still a bit experimental) and a few other technical fixes. It's almost ready for release, but I'd like to spend all day tomorrow creating more templates that are ready-to-go with the release version. Other templates will be available for download from my website.
I'm also going to add the ability to update templates the user has created to share with the community.

I will probably post a new thread on monday with the download link.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #34
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

Quote:
...It's almost ready for release, but I'd like to spend all day tomorrow creating more templates that are ready-to-go with the release version. Other templates will be available for download from my website.
I'm also going to add the ability to update templates the user has created to share with the community...

Your diligence is appreciated.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #35
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Newest patch includes a timeout fix, the ability to "Cancel" (still a bit experimental) and a few other technical fixes. It's almost ready for release, but I'd like to spend all day tomorrow creating more templates that are ready-to-go with the release version. Other templates will be available for download from my website.
I'm also going to add the ability to update templates the user has created to share with the community.

I will probably post a new thread on monday with the download link.
I'd suggest starting your own thread for this. It seems to be spanning over a few right now. I know you don't really want to "release" it yet, but it might be easier to follow what you're doing if you do.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:36 AM   #36
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

Joe, I gave everything a go a little earlier today and loved the options that your utility presents. The All-Star addition indeed is a great option, I definitely look forward to any additions and modifications you have coming.
Tiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:42 PM   #37
AtlCoach
Minors (Double A)

Are these cards set to print?

The fronts look smaller than the backs...are these cards set up to print out? I think it would be awesome to be able to print these cards out on card stock!!!!
AtlCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #38
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

Since it's outputted as html and in layers, most printers won't print as-is. However, I am going to include something that will convert to image, so they will be printable.

The fonts on the back are definitely smaller - just as they are on real cards. Also, because of the small player images we are stuck with, the backs of the cards are larger than the fronts, which really sucks, but in order to get stats on there I had to make the backs closer to an actual card size - while the fronts are smaller to accommodate the small player images.

This thing is almost ready for release. I am working on creating lots of templates right now and have added a few more features, like including team colors within the card itself, adding different sized team logos, and I'm packing lots of fonts with the app as well.

Here is an example of what kind of cards the program can produce:
Old 05-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #39
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Today I added the ability to put text at an angle. This is a really cool effect when coupled with a script font, giving the card an autographed look. I also added capability of putting a background image for the back of the card. This example is of Gonzalo Girardi, who showed so much promise for the Portland Pioneers but has since fallen from grace. He now resides in Detroit and plays right field for the Mustangs. He is going to be the first in his neighborhood to purchase a new-fangled horseless carriage providing he can return to form and get a conract extension.

I like the looks of that type of card.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #40
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I'm keeping this beta testing pretty low-key. You guys that have posted or followed this thread are welcome to give it a test drive and make notes of what doesn't work. Please keep in mind these gotcha's:

Windows Only (sorry Apple/Mac peeps)
No help or read me files yet

Basically you'll want to do this:
download the setup file from
http://www.joelinstrum.com/ootp-util...tils-setup.exe
Set up OOTP-Utils and make sure you check create shortcuts or you'll never be able to find the right executable
Import your database (on the opening screen)
Then in the menu under utilities, go to the Card Creator.
Once your cards have been created, you'll have the option to view a team
All "cards" are actually html files, located in C:\program files\ootp-utils\baseballcards\cards\name-of-your-directory (you'll have the option to name the directory when you click on 'Create Cards'. I usually name the directory(folder) after the stats year I am creating cards from.
If you choose to leave the year field blank, it simply defaults to the latest year of your export
If you edit the template and want to save the changes as a new template, just fill in the template name (bottom right) with a new name.

Wow, I really will need to make a help file.

There is a default template that should load (crossing fingers). To create your cards, simply click on Create Card. You may want to stick to one team at a time until you get the template the way you want it.

Good Luck.
Where is the database?

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote