Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-16-2010, 03:44 AM   #1
hwy61
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Non Facegen Photos on Baseball Cards

I'm loving this version so far, but am running into a minor snag.

I play with a large photopack that i created, about 10k jpgs in the player_# format that I just paste into every new league I create.

Is there a way to get the game to make baseball cards with the photos from my photopack as opposed to creating facegen photos to replace my photo pack pics?

If this isn't possible is there a way to at least turn the baseball card automatic creation off so that it doesn't disturb the original picture?

I'm thrilled with the addition of baseball cards so I'm really hoping I can get them to work with my photo pack *crosses fingers*.

I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed but I haven't been able to find any info on this. Thanks.
hwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwy61 View Post
I'm loving this version so far, but am running into a minor snag.

I play with a large photopack that i created, about 10k jpgs in the player_# format that I just paste into every new league I create.

Is there a way to get the game to make baseball cards with the photos from my photopack as opposed to creating facegen photos to replace my photo pack pics?

If this isn't possible is there a way to at least turn the baseball card automatic creation off so that it doesn't disturb the original picture?

I'm thrilled with the addition of baseball cards so I'm really hoping I can get them to work with my photo pack *crosses fingers*.

I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed but I haven't been able to find any info on this. Thanks.
That's odd. I've been playing 1986-present with real player photos.

My version hasn't attempted to overwrite any real player photos with facegen photos. All the cards I have use the real player photo.

I haven't made any changes to the default facegen settings.

I don't have access right now, but I'm curious: if you take player_[1234].jpg and change him to [playername].jpg, do you still see the same issue? All the photos I have are in [playername].jpg format.
BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

I ran into that problem when the feature was first released in beta too, but didn't follow up on it. Not sure if there is a setting or something that controls this or if it just is that way.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
hwy61
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the input guys. I messed around with the settings some (was up till 3am playing and am paying for it at work today ). I turned off facegen entirely and it seems like now it doesn't automatically create cards at the all-star break.

I'm going to experiment with changing some of the name files from player_# format over to Firstname_Lastname format and see if I can get the cards I want that way.

I can't wait for some 1980's Donruss Card templates to come out .
Old 04-16-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
hwy61
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It seems to work when I change the file name to the first_last naming convention.

It still seems to overwrite the player_### file though if a first_last name doesn't exist. I'm hoping there's a workaround since renaming the files for my players is a pain.