Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #61
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza Napoli View Post
Hello,
i would òike to contact Captain Walrus,
i'm newbie of this great forum, and i wasn't able to contact him! how i can do it? i've to ask some questions.

tnxs 2 all.

Saluti dall'Italia
If you click on his username, you'll have the option (top one, I think) to private message him.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #62
Forza Napoli
Bat Boy

Done!!! Thank u!!!
How is life in US?? i wrote from Italy...
Forza Napoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:17 AM   #63
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Hey CW I redownloaded this because my historical game was getting boring despite 3 WS in 4 yrs for the 1892-1896 Sox...I am adding all Owners for each team plus doing atleast MGRs for each team and also doing stadiums and uniforms...
do u want me to send or post the file here when i am done. Most uniforms will be throwbacks for the 1958- today teams, along with a few custom uniforms by the various modders.

Made a few minor tweaks atleast for 2010. added a 1 round amatuer draft so i can add various other greats will also match the classic teams up with my Endor baseball League and bring in some of those players.
added interleague play so i can have the Sox beat up on the Cubs and the Pale Hose beat the Colts.
moved roster size from 26 - 25 and reserve to 50. scheduled spring training.

dang over 960 coaches available, gonna take me forveer to delete them
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:29 PM   #64
Chicagofan76
Banned

Decided not to change anything was going to be too much work.....was looking thru the rosters and I noticed Shoeles Joe wasnt on the Pale Hose roster....I was about to go ballistic, then I looked him up on baseball ref, e is on the Cle Blues which is the team he should be on since his 5 yrs on Cle were better then his 6 yrs on the Sox, even if he will always be remembered as a Black Sox.
Love this quickstart although the 58+ White Sox suck, and i hate having every player at 26, but other then that its a perfect league.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:02 AM   #65
Captain Walrus
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
Decided not to change anything was going to be too much work.....was looking thru the rosters and I noticed Shoeles Joe wasnt on the Pale Hose roster....I was about to go ballistic, then I looked him up on baseball ref, e is on the Cle Blues which is the team he should be on since his 5 yrs on Cle were better then his 6 yrs on the Sox, even if he will always be remembered as a Black Sox.
Love this quickstart although the 58+ White Sox suck, and i hate having every player at 26, but other then that its a perfect league.
I hate having every player at 26 too. Originally, it was supposed to be the average age of their six best seasons (so Bonds would be like 32), but I realized that I had screwed up the calculation in my database and I didn't want to start over.

Shoeless Joe is on Cleveland because he played 674 games with Cleveland, and 648 with Chicago. I picked solely based on games played to avoid subjective debate.

I'm glad you enjoy it. If I can get enough free time, I really want to update the managers, player ages, and ballparks.

ALSO
Captain Walrus's All-Timers League Quick-Start: HERE
A 48-team league featuring the all-time greatest players in the Majors. Players' ratings are based on their 6 best major league seasons, neutralized.
Captain Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:25 AM   #66
Chicagofan76
Banned

well if u want i can resend it to u which will have updated uniforms and stadiums, but the stadiums will be a combo of OTB, MVP 05, the show and 2k10 along with Gambo with Gambo's 2007 sc info.

I was thinking about shrinking every 1 age to 22. I am adding 2 All Star teams from my EBL league to see how they would fare. While they will be good on def and power they r going to suck bullpen and my players stamina wont be 10 for all SP.

hopefully neither of these teams will be overly dominant. in the 22 games i played so far with the White Sox I am 8-14. i added myself to teh game and i am 3-0.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #67
boblight24
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
What's the best way to run this league? As a dynasty or single seasons?
"No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

"Good is not good enough, when better is expected." ~Vin Scully
boblight24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #68
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblight24 View Post
What's the best way to run this league? As a dynasty or single seasons?

The way I am doing it is playing 10 seasons then doing adding other good players to the teams til the current talent runs so dry that I am either forced to stop or just continue it as a normal game.

I did add 2 great teams from my EBL league which r both in 1st place in each Classic division thru 75 games.

BTW who is your avatar? Julia Stiles? or Candice Swanepool?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #69
boblight24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The way I am doing it is playing 10 seasons then doing adding other good players to the teams til the current talent runs so dry that I am either forced to stop or just continue it as a normal game.

I did add 2 great teams from my EBL league which r both in 1st place in each Classic division thru 75 games.

BTW who is your avatar? Julia Stiles? or Candice Swanepool?
Are you letting the players age? I know the players start at 26, so are you letting them age through those 10 years? Do you have transactions and free agency turned off? I'm guessing it would be a pain to go in and change all the ages.

My thought was to run a season, download the stats into Excel, and then just run another season, and so on and so forth. Compiling the stats myself, thus keeping the players at the same age each season.

I was also thinking about adding a Triple-A team for each team, just to have a gauge of how the reserve players are doing.

BTW - it Candice Swanepoel
"No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Last edited by boblight24; 02-11-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #70
Chicagofan76
Banned

I love Candice...check her out on Lazygirls.info

I plan on letting the players age...I was gonna knock every players age down to 22 which would give me 5 yrs extra. The players i added to the game r 22.

I have everything turned off...I was thinking about having trades on just so i could compile a All Chicago team but that defeats the purpose of what CW created.

I did change active rosters to 30 and callups to 50...so i could have more players play so they dont retire due to inactivity.

Plus so far everyone on my roster has atleast 10ab's and 5 ip.

I put a lot of old time logos and uniforms in for alot of teams and many teams play in the parks for that era although the Colts,Cubs and Whales all play in Wrigley field.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #71
boblight24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I love Candice...check her out on Lazygirls.info

I plan on letting the players age...I was gonna knock every players age down to 22 which would give me 5 yrs extra. The players i added to the game r 22.

I have everything turned off...I was thinking about having trades on just so i could compile a All Chicago team but that defeats the purpose of what CW created.

I did change active rosters to 30 and callups to 50...so i could have more players play so they dont retire due to inactivity.

Plus so far everyone on my roster has atleast 10ab's and 5 ip.

I put a lot of old time logos and uniforms in for alot of teams and many teams play in the parks for that era although the Colts,Cubs and Whales all play in Wrigley field.
Thanks for all the info!

Do you think a minor league affiliate would work or should I just do what you did and expand the rosters?

Now that I think about it, I think expanding the rosters would be better.

Do you play 162 or 154 games?

Old 02-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #72
Chicagofan76
Banned

I play 185 games approx. I have interleague scheduled so when i was playing as the White Sox I could beat up on the Colts, Cubs & Whales.

I tried minor leagues once for this league I liked it more just so I would see who was the best players to callup.

Right now I am playing with 2 teams from my EBL league with their best players.

But when I was playing as the Sox I was using just my favorites which left a lot of better players on the reserve roster. My Rotation was myself, Blackjack, Buerhle, Alex Fernadez, Wilson Alvarez & Bart Johnson, which left greats like Joe Horlen and Tommy John on the reserve roster so I created a AAA for them which was the current AAA's for each major league team and Canadian teams for each of the Classic teams.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #73
boblight24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I play 185 games approx. I have interleague scheduled so when i was playing as the White Sox I could beat up on the Colts, Cubs & Whales.

I tried minor leagues once for this league I liked it more just so I would see who was the best players to callup.

Right now I am playing with 2 teams from my EBL league with their best players.

But when I was playing as the Sox I was using just my favorites which left a lot of better players on the reserve roster. My Rotation was myself, Blackjack, Buerhle, Alex Fernadez, Wilson Alvarez & Bart Johnson, which left greats like Joe Horlen and Tommy John on the reserve roster so I created a AAA for them which was the current AAA's for each major league team and Canadian teams for each of the Classic teams.
You've got some great ideas on how to make this already awesome roster more fun! It sounds like we try to play OOTP the same way. I hope you don't mind, but I'm stealing some of your ideas!!

Old 02-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #74
boblight24
All Star Reserve

One more time....

do you use historical facepacks or not?

Stadiums?

Old 02-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #75
Chicagofan76
Banned

I use the All-in-one so with the addon on fg file plus I have Gambo's photos also.

as far as stadiums I used a plethora of different sets.

For Wrigley I used the 2k10
for Old Comiskey I used Padresfan
for Griffith I used MLB 10 The Show
and For LA Coliseum I used I think it was DreamTeams.

for the negro league teams I used mlb 10 the show MILB parks.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #76
Knuckster
Minors (Single A)

Just found this fantastic data set. Thanks so much to CW. My biggest gripe is that pre-60s pitchers (approx) seem to get shortchanged and mostly rated as MR. I think it is partially due to velocity and their stuff being low (4 to 6)--while more modern, and to me, mediocre (by comparison) pitchers have higher velocity and corresponding higher stuff. So I do not know exactly how the stats are neutralized for this seeming discrepancy or tendency. I mean, does anyone really know how fast folks threw before the jugs gun?

OTHER THANT THAT, I am LOVING IT!

One question I have initially is why Steals and Hit & Run is set to rare, or is it very rare? Is this in purpose? Will it hinder the early players and esp the two pre-1900 teams?

I am playing my first season. I started with Spring Training, which of course is bringing a ton of injuries: people out for weeks or months. About half dozen a day. So I turned injuries down to low. Am still getting about the same frequency.

In my league I have turned TRADING on. But keeping it at Very rare for right now. This does not defeat my purpose, as I want to see some variety if I will be using the same stat set for, say, ten years. And anyway there have been no trades yet, halfway through ST.

I also enabled a AAA roster for each team.

I deleted the two Negro League teams. I felt there was no reason to have segregated teams, and releasing them allows the pre-1946 teams to sign colored players. Fantastically, the California Angels signed about 20. I do not know why.

I may experiment with Player Fatigue at High (I think that is the default setting anyway) and an active roster size of 28, then maybe 30. Just to allow lots of players to see action--although with injuries, it seems there will be call ups.

I also set the rotation to 6-man mandatory--and use of closers to often.

I have disabled the display of potential ratings, as that serves no purpose.
Knuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:19 PM   #77
boblight24
All Star Reserve

I've tried to re-load this Quickstart, but when I try to play it in OOTPx, it states that I have to import it as an OOTP9 file, fine, I try that and it says it can't load the file. So I open OOTP9 and try to load it and it says it can't load the World.dat file. I deleted everything and re-downloaded and I still get the same message. Any thoughts?

Also, does this work on OOTP12?

Old 12-31-2011, 06:10 PM   #78
Captain Walrus
All Star Reserve

I made it for OOTP11, so I don't think it works in OOTPX. It should work just fine in OOTP12.

ALSO
Captain Walrus's All-Timers League Quick-Start: HERE
A 48-team league featuring the all-time greatest players in the Majors. Players' ratings are based on their 6 best major league seasons, neutralized.
Captain Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #79
wiggins
All Star Reserve

I made all the players free agents. Had a free agent draft, changed a some of the teams, logo's added all my stadiums etc. I also, in game setup stopped player development so my guys can play for as many years as I want without seeing any drop in there ratings. It was easier than changing everybody's age. In a few years if I'm still playing I'll either change their ages or stop looking at them. I also change player ratings on the fly whenever I see something that I think is out of wac. (no offense, but i do this a lot) I have adjusted the stuff rating upward on a bunch of pitchers, sometimes lowering movement a bit. Strike outs and home runs are to low for my liking so I have adjusted the modifiers. i want my Leading Home Run hitters to be high to mid 40's with some outside shots at 50 and I want a number of 200 k pitchers. I need Koufax to be high 200's for it to be realistic for me. I also realized a month into my season (No DH) that all the pitchers hitting ratings were off. So each time a new team plays my team, I go to Baseball Reference and adjust pitchers batting ratings. I have trades on, injuries normal, no coaching, though I will edit a player if he ends up with a season ending or career injury. I want to see them play! I will go to the DH next season. I am loving my league, but I'm constantly evolving it. I'm 57 so This league is bringing my youth back to life. I can picture Seaver going against Willie Mays as I'm playing. It's a ball!!!

My Lineup

2B Jackie Robinson
SS Pop Lloyd
CF Joe DiMaggio's
LF Frank Robinson
C Bill Dickey
1B Orlando Cepeda
RF Reggie Jackson/Joe Medwick
3B Bill Madlock/Robin Ventura

Rotation

1. Tom Seaver
2. Juan Marichal
3. Don Drysdale
4. Fernando Valenzuela
5. Dick Ellsworth

Bullpen

Doug Bird, Gary Lavelle, Bob Moose, Kent Tekulve, Arthur Rhodes, Joe Sambito, Jose Mesa, Joe Nathan....
wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #80
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Captain Walrus. I miss playing this and redownloaded it and transferred it over to 13. I am gonna save it as a QS and template so I can make some changes to it someday or if you want it. I am adding some new teams to it and some teams from 2 of my fictional leagues to put the total teams at 30 I might put a few teams in their own league so not every teams competes vs the same talent and then have associated playoffs.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote