Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #101
Darson
Bat Boy

Im noticing some inaccuracy, or should i say annnoyances with historical players not living up to potential. (the only exception being teddy ballgame)

Take Dimaggio. Retired at 36, missed 3 yrs due to war, and played in a park that robbed him of tons of homers. If he'd have stayed healthy, he could have played till he was 40. Add those 4 years to the 3 war years, plus say an extra 5 home runs a year in a friendlier park and he could have notched up 500+ home runs. I've simmed from 1901-1970 about 20 times using various recalcs (or none) and not ONCE despite the extra multiple seasons has he even managed 400HR's. Jimmie Foxx is another. 500HR's by the age of 33 IRL, can play till hes 40 on here without getting close to that number. Its worse with pitchers. Neither Johnson nor Mathewson nor Alexander gets 350 wins without 300 losses to go with it.

It just seems to me that the game refuses to let players surpass what they did in real life. They can play for twice as long, be twice as healthy but still end up with the same numbers that they got IRL.
Darson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:26 PM   #102
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

I know I haven't played too many games in my Brooklyn Dodgers 1957 season but some weird stats do come up kind of scarey really, what I'm doing is putting the exact same line ups into the game that were played in the same game in 57.

Saturday April 20th Brooklyn Dodgers played the Pittsburgh Pirates at Ebbetts Field, for the Dodgers Johnny Podres went to the mound and pitched 9 innings giving up only 6 hits and no runs, in OOTP 1957 the same Johnny Podres went to the mound and pitched 9 innings giving up 5 hits and no runs.

Tuesday April 16th Brooklyn Dodgers played Philadelphia Phillies at Shibe Park, in that game Don Newcombe pitched 7 innings giving up 9 hits and 6 runs (5 earned), in OOTP he pitched 8 innings giving up 7 hits and 4 runs.

I know there not exact and I know I've only simmed a few games but their close enough for me to make it realistic.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote