Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 05-17-2019, 11:09 PM   #1
W0rmzbr0
Minors (Double A)

2042 - How's it treating you?

Since no one posted and it's now Friday, figured I'd put up a thread.

It's been an expectedly difficult season for my Port Washington Pack Rats, who currently sit at 44-85 and are in dead last in P419. Just not enough talent on the squad (or in the manager's brain) to make them respectable in Perfect any time soon.

The Hoboken Zephyrs, however, are having their best ever performance in Perfect, currently sitting at 64-64 with a +6 run differential in P409. They've been turning it on these past couple of months, but a rough start to the year may have doomed their chances at a playoff run. Still, they're only 6 GB with 34 more games to play. Gavvy Cravath is leading the league with 30 HR and 92 RBI, which is a nice surprise considering all of the offensive talent elsewhere.

W0rmzbr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:57 AM   #2
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

I'll answer for Zorro since he hasn't been online here since April!... but his team in P406 is red hot, winning 10 in a row and 16 of 17. Which is great if he isn't in your division.

My top team the Gryphons Blue are basically playing .500 ball these days and that just won't cut it with so many good teams in this league and chasing me for the WC spots. Can't seem to get any kind of positive momentum, and August at 12-11 follows a 15-11 July after a great 17-9 June. There's just too many stacked teams in this league that you never get a break in the schedule. However let's hope we can cling tooth and nail to the WC spot.

Both my other teams are also-rans at this point, at 13 and 16 games back. The bigger test will be staying above the relegation line for my Red team. Hard to believe the Golds that won a WS a couple weeks ago are so distant from playoffs in this loop.

PS I'm a sucker for Gavvy Cravath, and have him on all 3 of my teams. He'll never win a batting title, but he does a great job of driving in runs.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:22 AM   #3
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
PS I'm a sucker for Gavvy Cravath, and have him on all 3 of my teams. He'll never win a batting title, but he does a great job of driving in runs.
Which one? I had the 65 contact, 100+ power Cravath for half a season some time back before selling him to up the PP balance. There's also a 80+ contact, 90 power version that I would love to get my hands on but I haven't been able to do so yet.

The Hoggs aren't good enough to be competitive at perfect but not terrible enough to get demoted either. We're 62-71 right now. I've decided to play around with park factors for the next few seasons. Before now I'd always played with a neutral ballpark. This season I've turned down the offense for lefties while keeping offense for righties at normal, and am running an all right-handed staff.

Next season I think I'll max out my park factors and run a staff where everybody has 70+ movement. I'm almost there already, actually, with my current staff, with only Dierker less than 70, but I've been wanting to find a place for Dennis Martinez again, and I'd like to give Dan Quisenberry (the 68OVR card) an extended run. Might also give Felipe Vazquez a go - picked him up in last week's end of season pack opening.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:20 AM   #4
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

My two teams in gold are in 2nd place and pacing the wild card. As far as my diamond Future Legend team, they're just on the bubble of relegation. I expected as much because there aren't many FL cards with good movement. Nonetheless I'm doing everything I can to stay in diamond. I'll be happy if I avoid relegation.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:35 PM   #5
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
Which one? I had the 65 contact, 100+ power Cravath for half a season some time back before selling him to up the PP balance. There's also a 80+ contact, 90 power version that I would love to get my hands on but I haven't been able to do so yet.

The Hoggs aren't good enough to be competitive at perfect but not terrible enough to get demoted either. We're 62-71 right now. I've decided to play around with park factors for the next few seasons. Before now I'd always played with a neutral ballpark. This season I've turned down the offense for lefties while keeping offense for righties at normal, and am running an all right-handed staff.

Next season I think I'll max out my park factors and run a staff where everybody has 70+ movement. I'm almost there already, actually, with my current staff, with only Dierker less than 70, but I've been wanting to find a place for Dennis Martinez again, and I'd like to give Dan Quisenberry (the 68OVR card) an extended run. Might also give Felipe Vazquez a go - picked him up in last week's end of season pack opening.

Yeah I have 3 copies of the 91 Cravath that goes 80/90. The more "valuable" one wasn't good for me, but this one is pretty consistent overall. Sometimes the average isn't good but he generally does a great job driving in runs in the production part of the order. On my Blue team he bats 5-6 and on the other two 4-5 in the order. He isn't a great outfielder so I tend to DH him which doesn't help the WAR.

Gavvy Blue:

Gavvy Gold:

Gavvy Red (new this year):
Old 05-19-2019, 02:37 AM   #6
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Healy might've finished a mere 74-88 in P410, only 3 games better than last season, but there is one cause for celebration: J.D. Martinez had a career year and slugged 35 homers, enough to win the HR crown in our conference.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:39 AM   #7
W0rmzbr0
Minors (Double A)

The Pack Rats have been officially relegated down to Diamond after a 60-102 finish in their first Perfect season. Managed to land Alex Bregman and Live Clayton Kershaw in a pack yesterday, so perhaps the Pack Rats will be marginally better next season.

The Zephyrs finished at 80-82 with a -6 run differential in P409, tying their best Perfect season record-wise and it was their best run differential in Perfect to-date. 91 OVR Gavvy Cravath won the HR crown with 37. Here's hoping tomorrow's pack ripping brings an upgrade.

W0rmzbr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:45 AM   #8
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0rmzbr0 View Post
91 OVR Gavvy Cravath won the HR crown with 37. Here's hoping tomorrow's pack ripping brings an upgrade.

Timely info for the thread! I think it's pretty clear to me the 91 Cravath is the better one.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:15 AM   #9
Goliathus
Major Leagues

My second pack-only F2P team, Sabah Bisons, won the Bronze Playoff in their third season! The highlight of the run was coming back from 1-3 in the Conference Final. The team is ultra batter-oriented, topping every batter category recorded in AC aside from BAB, SO and SB. The pulls just aligned since the beginning, with 83 Harmon Killewbrew and 77 Cecil Fielder prompting me to go power hitting. 83 Harmon Killewbrew was the MVP with .324/.438/.636, 51 HR, 133 RBI and 8.8 WAR. 83 Larry Dierker also won pitcher of the year so I guess this is truly my year.

My other two teams continued to perform just like they are supposed to. One was a playoff regular in Silver and made it again this season. The third pack-only F2P team was still horrible in Bronze. Only 3K PP earned this season, it's going to be a long while before this team can turn it around as I pulled nothing useful.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:51 AM   #10
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Crazy season. My team usually finishes first in their division but after going 0 for 10 in the Perfect League playoffs I scrambled the lineup and finally won (after finishing 3rd and going all the way from the Wildcard spot). Team won 56% of regular season games but went 12-3 in the postseason including a sweep in the championship. Pitching made the difference rather than the scrambled batting order as recent players picked up in pack openings (Spud Chandler two seasons ago and Walter Johnson 97 this year) led the way. Walter had a rough year with a 4.8 ERA but went 3-0 1.74 in the postseason. Spud (3-1 2.18) and Keuchel (2-0 2.19) both pitched well, but the star was Tim Keefe who went 4-0 with a 1.36 ERA. Overall the pitching was 12-3 with a 2.04 ERA. Only Blake Treinen had over a 2.19 ERA as he struggled at 5.40 in 10 innings taking 2 losses but saving 7. The rest of the bullpen pitched 5 scoreless innings to go with the stellar starting pitching.

This has been an unlucky team as they've only won 1 championship (a silver one in the 2nd season of PT) in 20 playoff appearances up to now. Hopefully we won't have another 18 appearance drought until the next one, but for now we're enjoying it.

Last edited by <Pion>; 05-22-2019 at 06:23 PM.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote