Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 11-04-2017, 07:29 PM   #1
surly manservant
Minors (Single A)

Help with my schedule

Hi, I've successfully created one schedule before but I'm having trouble with my second one and I was hoping somebody could give me some tips.

I'm looking to create a 114 game schedule for a 24 team league, one league with six divisions of four teams each. Each team plays 18 games (9H/9A) against its three division opponents (54 games) and then one three game series against the other 20 teams (3H/0A or 3A/0H with a total of 30H/30A for this part of the schedule).

I want the inter division play to be sandwiched between 9 intra division series to start and end the season. Doing the intra division series is easy, but I've run into a problem scheduling the inter division series.

I am using a 24 team rotation to schedule these games but there are only six of the 23 combinations that do not involve some intra division options (e.g. 1 v 2 or 3 or 4). I've tried switching teams around within the various options and that works for some of them but I need to schedule 20 series here and I don't have enough options.

Is there a way to schedule 20 series of 24 team play where no intradivision games are played (1, 2, 3 or 4 never play each other, same for 5,6,7,8 etc.). Or should I just use the options that include intradivision play and take them out of the nine series I was planning to end the season with?

Any help much appreciated.
surly manservant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:18 AM   #2
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

The solution is to remember that you're not just dealing with 24 teams. You're dealing with six divisions, each containing four teams.

This means you should schedule a six-team round robin and repeat it four times. Each team in the six-team round robin corresponds to a division in the full schedule, so that if team 1 plays team 2 in the six-team schedule, then division 1 plays division 2 in the full schedule.

You can then insert the divisional games at the start/end of the schedule as normal. You'll have to deal with home/away designations manually, but because each nondivisional matchup is only played once, it's trivial to figure that part out.

Also, word of warning: with all series being three games, each team plays exactly six games every week. That means there are fewer games per day than in real MLB, so you'll need to adjust league financials a bit to compensate.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:24 AM   #3
surly manservant
Minors (Single A)

Thank you for your help, very much appreciated. I have only ever done one schedule before, I have been following the instructions in this thread,

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=253597

can you tell me how do I schedule a six team round robin and repeat it four times?
surly manservant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 05:53 AM   #4
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by surly manservant View Post
can you tell me how do I schedule a six team round robin and repeat it four times?
It'll have to be done manually.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:13 PM   #5
Kirby Paquette
Major Leagues

I have prepared the matrix for the matchups. I think this will help you.
Attached Images
Kirby Paquette is offline   Reply With Quote