Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test

Old 08-12-2013, 03:13 AM   #1
gosens
Minors (Single A)

Player / Free Agent bugs, historical mode, build 56 (possibly WHA related)

First of all great work getting the game to this point, there's been a lot of improvement since a couple of versions ago when I last played.

I'm playing my usual straight sim from 1947 without managing a team. There are two notable issues that arise starting in 1981.

- In 1981/82 there were suddenly a bunch of players apparently playing for multiple teams at once or for the same team multiple times. They wear #0 and their stats are out of whack playing over 400 games in a season, listed on their card multiple times for 1981/82 ie. five times for Buffalo and twice for Washington. There were a bunch of these players at the top of the scoring lists. I've attached an example from '82-83 Harvey Bennett who played 13 times at once. .... Further investigation, it looks like this "player" is leeching stat lines off other players. Bennett's showing the scoring stats for Al Secord (73 pts), Barry Melrose (45 pts), etc.

- In October 1982 a few players suddenly appeared having played a bunch of games but the season hasn't started yet. I think they are ghosts of the WHA past. One example, Pierre Plante #0, a 31 year old, has six seasons of stats listed in 1979, 1980, 1983, 1992, 1995, and 1999 when he would be 47 years old. Two seasons in the '90s, he played for the New England Whalers of the NHL. This is on Oct. 6, 1982. Screenshot attached. Another example, Mike Bloom played for the Fighting Saints from 2006-2009 and the Quebec Nordiques in 2013 when he is 60 years old (shown in 1982).

Other issues exist that are likely known already, ie. the awards not listing, some years league history is not recording (particularly when expansion teams win the Cup), team history not recording "X" for playoff appearances, expansion teams showing real team history up to 2013 and then simmed history below it, Gretzky drafted as a 19 yr old not signed at 17 or 18 etc are minor but the above two free agent/fictitious players issues I'd consider as more pressing concerns.

thanks - gosens
Attached Images
Image Image