Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-21-2019, 04:25 PM   #2821
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Since I've made the changes to my ballpark reducing power but keeping batting averages up I have gone from one game over .500 to 12 games over .500 in a single real life day. So that definitely helped tremendously. Thanks for the advice
Old 06-21-2019, 05:41 PM   #2822
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
tab between "fielding stats" and "history"
I thought maybe on the actual card itself...thanks!
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:05 PM   #2823
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

12 monkees

Think it might be a bit busy.
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:16 PM   #2824
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Think it might be a bit busy.

Very cool. The kids like it.

Now they also want to spend more time learning how to do logos (school is over by Monday). I think all our logos may get an overhaul in the next few weeks.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:40 PM   #2825
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Since I've made the changes to my ballpark reducing power but keeping batting averages up I have gone from one game over .500 to 12 games over .500 in a single real life day. So that definitely helped tremendously. Thanks for the advice
Very nice to hear....a few modifications here and there and you are on a path towards .650 and higher.

A few other considerations...move players around:

1. Move Aparicio to SS. He will get you ZR of 25+ and 5 WAR instead of your slightly better hitter.

2. Madlock is too bad defensively to be an every day 3B.
You will hurt yourself in the long run. Leave him in the DH spot.
And then save up points to find a long term replacement (like Wade Boggs down the road).

3. You have Carew play 2B every 4 days.
So essentially, your infield will have a 23 (Madlock) and 28 (Carew) defensive rating.
Leave Carew at 1B or DH. Otherwise, you may be giving away easy wins.

3. If you really want to play Ichiro or Gwynn in CF, use Ichiro instead.
He is slightly better than Gwynn while Gwynn is already trained at RF (rating of 85).
This will be critical once you get to Iron league. You don't want to end up having to train everyone. Utilize the players in their natural position as much as you can (unless you know you want them to learn all positions and be utility players).

Old 06-22-2019, 02:29 AM   #2826
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
The Vikings and Crayons face off against each other today. I'm excited for it, I don't think I've ever really played against myself in anything before. I tried to in Chess but got bored after a few moves. The Crayons are a bit weak now as their strategy isn't working, and I've spent a lot of their PP on collecting cards. We'll see if they can hold off Griffey and the boys.
So the Crayons ended up sweeping the Vikings in 4 straight... Home field advantage is huge. It does put a bit of a damper on my overall playoff hopes going into the weekend. Been spending some PP lately. The AH has been revitalized with Collections for sure.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 02:36 AM   #2827
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Diamond
GL 9-3, 6-0 Luck, 3-3 Sea
Luck 1-11, 0-6 GL, 1-5 Sea
Sea 8-4, 3-3 GL, 5-1 Luck
EB no games yet

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 02:54 AM   #2828
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Perfect
AH 21-16, 8-7 BP, 7-5 BS, 3-3 Kan, 3-1 V
BP 20-19, 7-8 AH, 6-8 BS, 5-2 Kan, 2-1 V
BS 19-17, 5-7 AH, 8-6 BP, 4-3 Kan, 2-1 V
Cal 9-14, 4-9 CC, 1-2 Kan, 4-3 V
CC 15-9, 9-4 Cal, 3-1 Kan, 3-4 V
Kan 11-16, 3-3 AH, 2-5 BP, 3-4 BS, 2-1 Cal, 1-3 CC
V 10-14, 1-3 AH, 1-2 BP, 1-2 BS, 3-4 Cal, 4-3 CC

Old 06-22-2019, 03:19 AM   #2829
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
So the Crayons ended up sweeping the Vikings in 4 straight... Home field advantage is huge. It does put a bit of a damper on my overall playoff hopes going into the weekend. Been spending some PP lately. The AH has been revitalized with Collections for sure.
Do you mind compiling the records for us for the leagues that you are in? It is easiest for you since you are the only one that doesn't use "OL" in their name and know your teams by heart. I did the stats for two leagues you were in tonight, and it was more time consuming because of that omission. Thank you.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:50 AM   #2830
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

results Bronze
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2019, 05:15 AM   #2831
Goliathus
Major Leagues

I will take care of the Bronze result tomorrow. Was too busy in the past few days doing something about the collection mission.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 05:31 AM   #2832
Edster007
All Star Starter

OL Standings I192

September is here and we have a tie atop the OL standings between Hampton Roads Rush and the Boogie Knights. The two teams do not face each other this season so there is no head to head record. Hampton Roads leads with a substantial 83-30 OL Run differential. Here are the remaining OL games by team:

August OL Game Remaining:

Mudville @ Chi-Town

September/October OL Games (57 games in total)

Arkham (13) 3 @ CT, 3 vs. SPC, 3 vs. MUD, 4@Mud

Boogie (9) 3vsBIR, 3vs.NYM, 3@PP

Chi-Town (15) 3vs.MUD, 3vs.NZ, 3vs.ARK, 3@SPC, 3@MUD

Hampton Roads (3) 3vs.MUD

Mudville (19) 3@CT, 3vs.NZ, 3vs.HR, 3@ARK, 3vs.CT, 4vs.ARK

New York (10) 3@BK, 4vs.STE, 3vs.BIR

New Zealand (10) 3@CT, 3@MUD, 4@SPC

Pablo (9) 3vs.STE, 3@STE, 3vs.BK

Richmond (6) 3@BK, 3@NYM

San Pedro (10) 3vs.CT, 3@ARK, 4vs.NZ

Stephensville (10) 3@PP, 4@NYM, 3vs.PP
Attached Images

Last edited by Edster007; 06-22-2019 at 06:42 AM.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:08 AM   #2833
Edster007
All Star Starter

I192 Playoff Picture

The New Zealand Silver Ferns (81-52) are 3 games up on Wilmette in the AC East. The two teams have one three game series in September in New Zealand.

In the AC West Hampton Roads Rush (90-43) are 6 1/2 up on Arkham, the two teams have no head to head games remaining so Arkham will need some help.

The Boogie Knights (90-44) have a 17 1/2 game lead in the NC East.

The NC Central has the New York Mets (88-45) with a comfortable 15 1/2 game lead on the Redmond Birds

Out west the Pablo Pandas (79-53) have a 5 1/2 game lead on Stephensville. The two teams meet 6 times in September.

The AC Wildcard:

Arkham (+5 1/2) is holding down the first spot with Wilmette holding the second spot. Mudville is 2 games back. Mudville has had a tough time since the all star break but is still in a good position to grab a wildcard birth. The New York Black Aces are 7 1/2 out.

The NC Wildcard:

Stephensville (+1 1/2) holds the top spot with Redmond holding the second spot. Both teams have to be wary of the Las Vegas Assassins who are a 1/2 game out. Outside of that you have the Winter Hawks 6 1/2 out
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:06 AM   #2834
Charlatan
All Star Starter

S279 Update

Motown continues to dominate Silver as the season heads to the finish line

Back of the envelope calculations says that Motown's magic number is 7.

In non OL Standings
Blufftown has a slight lead in the AC East
Sanguine has an outside chance to win the AC Central
New York has an outside chance to win the AC West
New York has the 2nd Wild Card Spot, with Sanguine a hair behind them.
Motown has a big lead in the NC Central
Terra Incognita has an outside chance to get a NC Wild Card spot

Janesville and Salem are just above the relegation line.

Code:
Our League Standings - S279 - 2031			
			 W	 L	 Pct
Motown Stars		42	12	.778
Sanguine Classics	24	13	.649
Port Ruppert Mundys	17	15	.531
Las Vegas Gamblers	20	18	.526
DB Pickleballers	23	26	.469
Bluffton Boomerangs	13	15	.464
Janesville Onyx		18	24	.429
New York Patriots	15	20	.429
Salem Witches		16	22	.421
TI Rustlers		22	31	.415
Asylum Keepers		13	27	.325

x
Attached Images
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:35 AM   #2835
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Gold league update:

heading into the final month of the season, Annandale has pulled back into the lead in the OL standings. The Atom Smashers position isn't a done deal though, as there are a lot of games still remaining for many OL teams.

OL league remaining games:

Annandale - 12
CliffMarkle - 19
Cooper - 6
Harlem - 6
Palolo - 4
Seattle - 17
Shasta - 8
Transylvania - 20
Waffletown - 0

In the overall picture 6 OL teams hold down playoff spots as we approach the stretch run in September.

AC East: With the acquisition of Lefty Gomez (97) in mid-August, Waffletown hopes the spark from their new ace will help them at minimum solidify their hold on the top wild card spot and at best boost them to an AC East division title.

AC Central: Harlem maintains their hold on the division with a 6.5 game lead over Lancaster. Cooper is fighting to get back to .500, and is only 3.5 games back of the 2nd wild card spot.

NC Central: Palolo also maintains their hold on the division with a 5 game lead over Shasta (who holds the 2nd wild card spot)

NC West: Annandale has the lead in both the OL league standings as well as the NC West division, with a 5 game cushion over Transylvania (who holds the top wild card spot).
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:01 AM   #2836
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Gold league update:

AC Central: Harlem maintains their hold on the division with a 6.5 game lead over Lancaster. Cooper is fighting to get back to .500, and is only 3.5 games back of the 2nd wild card spot.
I can sometimes figure out how to win games and be successful in non-OL...but I struggle so much against OL competition. Both Harlem and Stephensville would be great...if they didn't have to get beat up by OL teams. (I'm looking at you, Arkham)

Which makes this fun.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 01:07 PM   #2837
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Very cool. The kids like it.

Now they also want to spend more time learning how to do logos (school is over by Monday). I think all our logos may get an overhaul in the next few weeks.
if you haven't yet, check out these threads (I can almost guarantee that if the kids are that into OOTP now, having the ability to make their own logos, jerseys and ballcaps will just make it more of an obsession... in a good way )... used these with my Game of Thrones league (and got help from more artistic members with jerseys/caps using the same creator programs):

Logo creator:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=246081

Jersey creator:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=247172

Ballcap creator:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=246811

on a different note (thought I already posted this but don't see it anywhere so).... been thinking about converting my other team to an OL compliant form... they have just been drifting from week to week with no real focus.... pack only to this point, so I just let the points pile up until the end of the week, then buy a bunch of packs and let the cards fall where they may...

picked up 13 more packs this morning in the hopes of pulling a handful of good historical cards to help the conversion process along.... instead, I got this.... they sure don't want to make it easy to go with no live cards

guess i'll think about it a bit more and ride out this season as is...
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 01:23 PM   #2838
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

My Salem Witches are SOOOOOO bad I think I will report myself for Tanking...

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 05:32 PM   #2839
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
if you haven't yet, check out these threads (I can almost guarantee that if the kids are that into OOTP now, having the ability to make their own logos, jerseys and ballcaps will just make it more of an obsession... in a good way )...

These are terrific tools for OOTP and the kids used them since PT19 and for their two initial PT20 teams to create their logos.

I usually recommend them all the time for anyone that does not have their own logo. In minutes, you can make your own one with little to no experience necessary.

They kids now really like the idea of making logos with multiple parts and learning how to use multiple layers.

One of them ended up getting designated at school to make graphics for class since he picked up the necessary skills making graphics for OOTP. Win-Win!!!
Who would have thought that would happen :-)

Old 06-22-2019, 05:39 PM   #2840
joehart
All Star Starter

I will take that Scherzer card anytime on an OL card pull. The points would be enough to make a few great purchases.

I have to admit....struggling with points is actually a fun part of the OL game. Having to work hard and look for players is more fun than just going for the same 50 players on an high end team.