Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-25-2017, 07:26 AM   #61
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

JeffR

World U17 Challenge consist of USA, Canada Black, Canada White, Czech Rep, Russia, Finland, Canada Red and Sweden

I was thinking... is it possible to say have 1 Canada team name WHL prospects, 1 for OHL prospects and 1 QMJHL prospects... I know IRL they take 66 prospects and split them between 3 teams but something like that in FHM4 would be too hard to do so i figure 3 canada teams 1 for each Junior League
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:56 AM   #62
JeffR
FHM Producer

We can't separate a national team into multiple versions like that without a considerable amount of hardcoding to make the roster selection work properly. It may happen at some point, but not soon.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 04:37 PM   #63
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

any way to alter our farm team in Junior Hockey from say Jr B whole league to say a specific team or no? in like OJHL or CCHL or something
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 02:54 PM   #64
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I can't seem to replicate that. Can you upload the save where the supplementary roles option is greyed out? Instructions here. Maybe that'll tell us what's going on.
Sorry for the late response.

I uploaded the zip file, its called omjofhmsave.zip
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 10:06 PM   #65
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
Sorry for the late response.

I uploaded the zip file, its called omjofhmsave.zip
Thanks, we'll have a look.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:10 PM   #66
xjames26
Bat Boy

Hello, I'm new to this kind of game. I have a simple question. What should I do, when new game update is released? Should I have to restart the game I have created before the update to benefit from it? In FHM4 I want to replay complete history.....
xjames26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:54 PM   #67
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjames26 View Post
Hello, I'm new to this kind of game. I have a simple question. What should I do, when new game update is released? Should I have to restart the game I have created before the update to benefit from it? In FHM4 I want to replay complete history.....
Most things that are tweaked or added are fixed for current games. There are times however when changes are made (for instance, updates to the player pool, with increase or decrease in ratings) where those can't be changed in your current game. To see those affects, you'd have to restart.

So really, it's up to what you want to do.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:14 AM   #68
xjames26
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Most things that are tweaked or added are fixed for current games. There are times however when changes are made (for instance, updates to the player pool, with increase or decrease in ratings) where those can't be changed in your current game. To see those affects, you'd have to restart.

So really, it's up to what you want to do.
Thanks for your reply. I think I'll start in present days with my favourite team and wait for more updates to come. Anyway I need to get familiar with this game to avoid newbie mistakes.
The only thing I'm worried about history replay is that it is a huge project and f.e. stopping it in middle of 60's because of major bug fix would be a killer :-)
xjames26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:03 AM   #69
bigbanan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Vancouver in this update trades Horvat for some **** in every standard league. Please improve it, if it`s possible.
bigbanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:26 AM   #70
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbanan View Post
Vancouver in this update trades Horvat for some **** in every standard league. Please improve it, if it`s possible.
Yeah, I've noticed they like to move him. Not entirely sure of why, the trades appear to be for depth at other positions but the AI for that type of move is supposed to have a lockout that keeps the team from trading its better players away, and Horvat's obviously one of Vancouver's best. I've tried adjusting his ratings to see if that changes it, but it doesn't, so we're going to need to run some tests to pick apart the logic that's driving that trade.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:40 PM   #71
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

The replace with feature is great for managing the team quickly when injuries occur but if I could recommend something to make it better it would be allowing us to dress more players than are normally allowed by whatever league we're in.

Obviously you'll get a warning if you try to play a game or even sim a day with more than the limit dressed but it'd make it easier to swap out injured players.

Right now the work around is undressing a goaltender, dressing the player (player 1) you want to replace the injured player (player 2) with, then replacing the injured player (player 2) with the new player (player 1), and then undressing the injured the player (player 2) and finally dressing the goaltender again.

A bit of a hassle lol.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:14 PM   #72
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

I just use the replace with function with no intervening steps. If I need to bring someone up, because the injured player is going on the injury list, I just do that first, and then the moves equal out. What are the circumstances where you have to switch out goalie like that? I haven't had it come up.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:16 AM   #73
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I just use the replace with function with no intervening steps. If I need to bring someone up, because the injured player is going on the injury list, I just do that first, and then the moves equal out. What are the circumstances where you have to switch out goalie like that? I haven't had it come up.
What I mean is like, let's say the league I'm in has a maximum of 20 dressed players. I have 20/20 dressed. One of those 20 gets injured. Instead of just selecting a new (undressed) player to replace him with, I would have to first undress the injured player - then dress the replacement and manually put him in the lineup. Kind of defeats the purpose of the replace with feature, IMO.

You can get a round it by undressing a goaltender, and then dressing the replacement player - it leaves you with only one position to manually fill in yourself.

It's not a big issue, and equivalent to a first world problem. It doesn't break the game or anything like that. It would just be nice to be able to replace an injured player in the lineup with a couple of clicks rather than a mini-process.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #74
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

I right click on the injured player's name before I remove him from the line-up, and the replace with option brings up all the active players on the roster. I usually do this from the strategy screen, in case I may want to adjust the new guy's role, or perhaps shuffle the line-up a bit. It also works from the roster screen.

If I know the player will be going on the injury list, and I want to replace him with a minor league player, I will recall that player first, then do the replacement.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:32 PM   #75
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I right click on the injured player's name before I remove him from the line-up, and the replace with option brings up all the active players on the roster. I usually do this from the strategy screen, in case I may want to adjust the new guy's role, or perhaps shuffle the line-up a bit. It also works from the roster screen.

If I know the player will be going on the injury list, and I want to replace him with a minor league player, I will recall that player first, then do the replacement.
Damn I'm dumb lol.

That's exactly what I was talking about wanting to do. I didn't realize all the players on the roster were available on the list of players, just assumed it was the players I had dressed.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:20 AM   #76
Gem16
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by micpringle View Post
I suspect the request was more likely "Can you highlight my team in the standings?" and the choice to use capital letters was the implementation the dev team chose.

I agree it looks awful—using a different colour, like in emails, would have made more sense IMO.
My vote goes to highlight (using a different colour) my team in the standings as well as highlight my players in the player stats section. Thatīs how itīs in FM, EHM etc. manager games.

Last edited by Gem16; 12-12-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Gem16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:39 PM   #77
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

I'd love it if the community could beta test the updates for the game.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:48 AM   #78
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
I'd love it if the community could beta test the updates for the game.
Me too. Suggested it more than once. Haven't been able to convince the rest of the team.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:39 PM   #79
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem16 View Post
My vote goes to highlight (using a different colour) my team in the standings as well as highlight my players in the player stats section. Thatīs how itīs in FM, EHM etc. manager games.
Can we please get an update on this? The all caps thing looks ridiculously stupid.
Kinsella19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:27 AM   #80
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella19 View Post
Can we please get an update on this? The all caps thing looks ridiculously stupid.
The next update adds a start screen option to turn it off.