Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-14-2017, 12:01 AM   #21
JeffR
FHM Producer

Did you switch the tactics and roles files in the save to the new versions (see the "Important Note" section in the notes)? It may still be using the old line logic.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:14 AM   #22
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

What if you have another afflinated with ÑHL do they get awarded a Minor League Team of Expansion Team to? Can we add Teams manually or even Historical ones to a ÑHL or so on League?
Old 10-14-2017, 06:11 AM   #23
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
They're only visible on the edit screen, under "Preferred Number".
I see, but why "hide" it? If players has a preferred number, I am certain they would say it, so a coach/GM knows about it.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:46 AM   #24
Caps 2nd Round Exit
Bat Boy

Quote:
Did you switch the tactics and roles files in the save to the new versions (see the "Important Note" section in the notes)? It may still be using the old line logic.
I started a new game after installing the update, and it's still giving me fourth line Kuznetsov and second line Beagle
Caps 2nd Round Exit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:18 AM   #25
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caps 2nd Round Exit View Post
I started a new game after installing the update, and it's still giving me fourth line Kuznetsov and second line Beagle
Yeah, I did some more checking last night and found a potential problem, that looks like it. The role Beagle's probably playing is set to be acceptable as an offensive role, but it shouldn't be. Switching tactics (especially to a less-physical one) may get you better AI lineup selection.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:30 AM   #26
Caps 2nd Round Exit
Bat Boy

Quote:
Yeah, I did some more checking last night and found a potential problem, that looks like it. The role Beagle's probably playing is set to be acceptable as an offensive role, but it shouldn't be. Switching tactics (especially to a less-physical one) may get you better AI lineup selection.
Gotcha. If I'm playing in GM mode, can I make this change to tactics? It wasnt letting me when I just tried in the strategy tab
Caps 2nd Round Exit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:37 PM   #27
Balerstos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just did the copy/replace files for the update (Steam) and now when I continue my game, it crashes at 50% on loading line chemistry every time.
Balerstos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:59 PM   #28
JeffR
FHM Producer

Which files, exactly, did you copy, and from which folder? It sounds like you may have copied the line_chemistry.dat file as well, which won't work in the new save (if its file size in your save is 7151 KB, that's the one from the quickstart.) I've copied the tactics and player roles files into a few old saves now and and no issues loading them.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:01 PM   #29
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Gotcha. If I'm playing in GM mode, can I make this change to tactics? It wasnt letting me when I just tried in the strategy tab
Ah, no, in that case it'll be up to your coach. You can make it more likely he'll change tactics to one that won't be affected by editing his preferences to something more offense- and less physical- oriented, but it may take a while for him to switch.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:11 PM   #30
jcrogie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The new roster rules seem to be gamebreaking in Historical mode...assistant coach can't fill lines as there's not enough players dressed...simulate through a full season and make it to the Stanley Cup? Can't play it...not enough players dressed, even though your roster is filled to the max with healthy players.

Not good.
jcrogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:23 PM   #31
JeffR
FHM Producer

Can you upload a save where you're getting that message? I haven't seen that happen during testing.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:05 AM   #32
jcrogie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Can you upload a save where you're getting that message? I haven't seen that happen during testing.
Uploaded to the FTP as jcrogie

Go into strategy, hit AI setup organization, then hit AI create lines. Returns error, "not enough players dressed", maximum players dressed.

I will work through another save to the Stanley Cup to replicate that error, as I deleted the save.
jcrogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:01 AM   #33
Balerstos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Which files, exactly, did you copy, and from which folder? It sounds like you may have copied the line_chemistry.dat file as well, which won't work in the new save (if its file size in your save is 7151 KB, that's the one from the quickstart.) I've copied the tactics and player roles files into a few old saves now and and no issues loading them.
I copied the ones that were listed in the first post there. My file size for the line_chemistry.dat is 8,255kb.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:59 AM   #34
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrogie View Post
Uploaded to the FTP as jcrogie

Go into strategy, hit AI setup organization, then hit AI create lines. Returns error, "not enough players dressed", maximum players dressed.

I will work through another save to the Stanley Cup to replicate that error, as I deleted the save.
Yeah, I see it now. If you have the Setting Lineups and Roster Moves assistants turned on, it seems to be able to get past the warning, so I think it may be something specific to the strategy screen with low roster numbers. We'll investigate a little more, that definitely needs fixing soon.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:01 AM   #35
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balerstos View Post
I copied the ones that were listed in the first post there. My file size for the line_chemistry.dat is 8,255kb.
Sounds like you've got the correct line chemistry file, then. Can you upload the save and we'll try to see what's gone wrong there?
Old 10-15-2017, 11:06 AM   #36
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
What if you have another afflinated with ÑHL do they get awarded a Minor League Team of Expansion Team to? Can we add Teams manually or even Historical ones to a ÑHL or so on League?
U cant manually add AHL teams.. You get 1 AHL and 1 ECHL very time u add 1 NHL expansion team
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:35 AM   #37
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I'm doing a Caps game as GM and installed this update-- but I'm still getting Kuznetsov on the fourth line and Beagle on the second line. Any way I can fix this?

Also, not a big deal as it's an easy fix in commish mode, but the Caps should own the rights to the Panthers 2nd round pick and the Devils 3rd round pick in 2018 as a result of the Marcus Johansson trade
I started a new season and still have Jonathan Drouin being slotted in as the fourth line winger and given eight minutes a game.

He also endlessly gets moved around, for LW, to RW, to C up and down the lines. What's going on here?

Last edited by Ferrisrox; 10-15-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:01 PM   #38
Balerstos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Sounds like you've got the correct line chemistry file, then. Can you upload the save and we'll try to see what's gone wrong there?
Done. Uploaded under js_1.zip
Old 10-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #39
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Just wondering why fhm has OHL draft on June 24th and WHL Bantam draft when OHL draft is the first Saturday in April and WHL bantam draft is on May 4th
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:42 PM   #40
JeffR
FHM Producer

The junior drafts in the game had to be moved to after the playoffs end to avoid issues with AI roster management while the season was still underway.