Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-01-2016, 06:11 PM   #221
jwinn66
Minors (Double A)

Any word on World Championships or olympics as appeared in EHM?

Loved that feature and IMO only thing missing from FHM
jwinn66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:29 PM   #222
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinn66 View Post
Any word on World Championships or olympics as appeared in EHM?

Loved that feature and IMO only thing missing from FHM
Both are in, including all 3 qualify tournaments for Olympics + all 5 IIHF WC lower divisions and the World Cup of Hockey.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:30 PM   #223
jwinn66
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Both are in, including all 3 qualify tournaments for Olympics + all 5 IIHF WC lower divisions and the World Cup of Hockey.

Fantastic!!! Pre-order to commence tonight!

You guys rock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jwinn66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:52 PM   #224
keroppichoppi
Minors (Single A)

Awesome international play was one of the things I wanted most, also ratings seem to more varied now which was definitely needed.

Another 800+ hours about to be well spent!
keroppichoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 02:35 AM   #225
ZBGuy
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Does this include national teams being able to fall out of/qualify into the lowest division?
ZBGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:01 AM   #226
croatian
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBGuy View Post
Does this include national teams being able to fall out of/qualify into the lowest division?
It should be...I think Jeff mentioned it in twitch video...
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:05 PM   #227
Predsboy18
Minors (Rookie Ball)

First a point, then a couple questions.

As far as online play, I'm with those that are in the camp that feel that removing it for now until the game is at a point in which they feel they can add it back in. I don't do online play myself, so it's not a HUGE deal, and I'll be pre ordering in the next couple days. I do understand the frustrations, but I think the reactions and the comments towards those that have dedicated their time and energy on making this game as good as it can be are a bit unnecessary. Would you rather have a half finished game that has online capabilities, or a fully functioning game that they can work from to add online into later on? Simple question.

On that note, I do have a couple questions that I don't think have been raised yet. In the previous versions (and I will agree 1,000,000% that this game looks to be a HUGE step from the first version), first: Will you be able to force trades in the game? And, along the lines of expansion, will the league have to have an even number of teams as with OOTP, or can it be made to work with an odd number of teams? I ask this in relation to adding Las Vegas in for 17-18, and if I would have to add a 2nd team to even that out.

Thanks guys, and keep up the great work you do!
Predsboy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 02:56 PM   #228
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboy18 View Post
First a point, then a couple questions.

As far as online play, I'm with those that are in the camp that feel that removing it for now until the game is at a point in which they feel they can add it back in. I don't do online play myself, so it's not a HUGE deal, and I'll be pre ordering in the next couple days. I do understand the frustrations, but I think the reactions and the comments towards those that have dedicated their time and energy on making this game as good as it can be are a bit unnecessary. Would you rather have a half finished game that has online capabilities, or a fully functioning game that they can work from to add online into later on? Simple question.

On that note, I do have a couple questions that I don't think have been raised yet. In the previous versions (and I will agree 1,000,000% that this game looks to be a HUGE step from the first version), first: Will you be able to force trades in the game? And, along the lines of expansion, will the league have to have an even number of teams as with OOTP, or can it be made to work with an odd number of teams? I ask this in relation to adding Las Vegas in for 17-18, and if I would have to add a 2nd team to even that out.

Thanks guys, and keep up the great work you do!
In regards to the 2nd half of the question about expansion, I've heard it mentioned that until the NHL gives a greenlight on it and provides details on Las Vegas, there is no expansion option for modern games. But once that's all been settled, an update will come that will reinstate those options. However fictional will be fine, that's not tied to the NHL so it can still do expansion. So we'll have to wait and see how it'll be implemented.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:47 PM   #229
Predsboy18
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
In regards to the 2nd half of the question about expansion, I've heard it mentioned that until the NHL gives a greenlight on it and provides details on Las Vegas, there is no expansion option for modern games. But once that's all been settled, an update will come that will reinstate those options. However fictional will be fine, that's not tied to the NHL so it can still do expansion. So we'll have to wait and see how it'll be implemented.
Thanks, I would have hoped that in "Sandbox Mode" that there would be no issue, and I completely understand why they wouldn't want/allow it in the new mode, much like in NHL 17 on consoles, as I'm sue re there could be issues with copyrights, and other legal wrangling that they would come under.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:50 PM   #230
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Thanks, I would have hoped that in "Sandbox Mode" that there would be no issue, and I completely understand why they wouldn't want/allow it in the new mode, much like in NHL 17 on consoles, as I'm sue re there could be issues with copyrights, and other legal wrangling that they would come under.
In Sandbox mode, which is there to do what-if scenarios, you can do expansion. But we can´t add an official NHL expansion team that has no name and logo.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:01 PM   #231
croatian
All Star Starter

Quote:
In Sandbox mode, which is there to do what-if scenarios, you can do expansion. But we can´t add an official NHL expansion team that has no name and logo.
So if i understand, sandbox mode is like normal modern mode in fhm 2?
Old 10-02-2016, 06:07 PM   #232
Predsboy18
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I have a feeling that might be my favorite mode, but excited to give "Road to Glory" a go as well!

To the other part of my question, will forced trades be allowed in Commissioner Mode in the Sandbox mode, and/or in Road to Glory as they are in OOTP Baseball?
Old 10-02-2016, 06:37 PM   #233
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
I have a feeling that might be my favorite mode, but excited to give "Road to Glory" a go as well!

To the other part of my question, will forced trades be allowed in Commissioner Mode in the Sandbox mode, and/or in Road to Glory as they are in OOTP Baseball?
To each what they want. Our main focus is the Path to Glory mode but of course you can use both areas, maybe both are fun for you to use.

Regarding the force trade option: it is available in commish mode, so only available in Sandbox.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:03 PM   #234
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Well, I just put my pre order in....looking forward to it.
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:09 PM   #235
keroppichoppi
Minors (Single A)

Wait so, the road to glory mode is an NHL and affiliated leagues only mode with no commish abilities, and if I want to say start a game that has like KHL, SHL, and NHL I'd have to do sandbox mode?

Path to Glory = New mode
Sandbox = standard FHM2 game

is about right?
keroppichoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 06:23 AM   #236
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

No, the Path to Glory mode has all playable leagues.

Path to Glory (a.k.a Career Mode) = play (no commish mode, no speed-sim options, no "let the AI handle everything for me") the game (do what a GM/Coach does in the real world).

Sandbox Mode = toolkit you can use to play/test trough different scenarios. In theory you can use it like you did FHM 2, take the normal 2016/17 start and speed-sim or go day by day, make force trades, edit player.

The career mode is for user who want to play a sport management game, the sandbox mode is for user who want to use the game more as a toolkit.

Our main priority is the career mode but we will continue to support/improve the sandbox mode as well (support when needed, improve when we have time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppichoppi View Post
Wait so, the road to glory mode is an NHL and affiliated leagues only mode with no commish abilities, and if I want to say start a game that has like KHL, SHL, and NHL I'd have to do sandbox mode?

Path to Glory = New mode
Sandbox = standard FHM2 game

is about right?
Old 10-03-2016, 08:30 AM   #237
croatian
All Star Starter

have you decided how many seasons in Path to Glory mode ?
Old 10-03-2016, 09:07 AM   #238
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
have you decided how many seasons in Path to Glory mode ?
After 20 years there is a raising chance each year that your are not healthy enough to continue. You can also retire at any time to finalize your career and in both cases create a new Coach/GM and continue in your save (or start a new one of course).
Old 10-03-2016, 09:28 AM   #239
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

If Path to Glory does everything Sandbox mode does then what's the point? Isn't it kind of redundant?.

You mention that in Path to Glory, you are forced to play with no "AI help" and no "Commissioner" mode. This means you have no choice but to manage the day to day things such as lineups for the pro and farm, moving players to IR.. etc..

But we can do all of this in Sandbox mode as well, thats the great thing about sandbox mode.. play it how you want. You can not only take it day by day, but sim months at a time.

So if I decided to play Sandbox mode, managed my lineups every day and took it one day at a time... how is it different from Path to Glory?
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:42 AM   #240
croatian
All Star Starter

Quote:
After 20 years there is a raising chance each year that your are not healthy enough to continue. You can also retire at any time to finalize your career and in both cases create a new Coach/GM and continue in your save (or start a new one of course).
So, it is up to the AI to decide when is end !?