Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Suggestions and Feature Wish List
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Suggestions and Feature Wish List Let us know what you would like to see in future versions of OOTP! OOTPBM 2006 is in development, and there is still time left to get your suggestions into the game.

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 08:58 PM   #1
battists
Hall Of Famer

Post Suggestions: HTML Reports

This suggestion thread is designed to collect suggestions for the next version of OOTP, on the following topic:

HTML Reports

Includes
- Suggestions related to the HTML reports in the game, including suggestions for additional reports or changes to existing reports

Excludes
- There will be overlap with the online thread here, but don't worry about it.

Instructions
We will use this thread to collect suggestions on the above topic. Later on, we hope to present this information back to the community in a way that would allow you to vote and prioritize certain features.

If you would like to participate, here are the rules!
  1. Only 1 suggestion per post.
  2. Suggestions must be on-topic for the thread.
  3. Constructive, non-inflammatory suggestions only.
  4. No comments on others' suggestions are necessary. That means, we don't need 15 posts in the thread saying "Great idea!" or "I agree!"
  5. Please don't link to other forum threads as your way of making suggestions. ("My suggestion can be found HERE.") If it's important enough to you that you want it in this thread, then it should be important enough to put it in the format I've asked for here!
  6. You can certainly post suggestions that conflict with or build upon earlier suggestions.
  7. Mockups are welcomed, they really help Markus see what you're interested in accomplishing.
Format for Suggestions

Suggestion
What is your suggestion? Be as specific as possible; include the screen you're talking about, if applicable.

Reason
Why do you think this is important? If this is to correct what you perceive as a problem in OOTP 2007, what is that problem? Be as specific as possible.

Priority
In your opinion, how important is this suggestion?
High (MUST have), Medium (should have), Low (nice to have))

Handy Cut-and-Paste Suggestion Form:

Suggestion

Reason

Priority

Thanks for participating!

Steve
Old 07-03-2007, 10:39 PM   #2
JerryArr
Minors (Single A)

Suggestion
Something like mlb.com has, where a few important stats are shown for each player, like avg/hr/rbi/OPS or something.

Reason
Much quicker than scrolling down to the middle of a page, plus it's convenient.

Priority
High
Old 07-03-2007, 11:20 PM   #3
JerryArr
Minors (Single A)

Suggestion
The return of editable milestones (ie, every 100 HR from 400 up, every 500K 2500 and up, etc)... a page, lines in the player bios, etc.

Reason
They were well liked in 6.5, and it's interesting to see them.

Priority
High
Old 07-04-2007, 12:23 AM   #4
JerryArr
Minors (Single A)

Suggestion
Add number of Championships each player has won as long as it's more than 0.

Reason
I'd like to see it, and I've seen others want it.

Priority
High
Old 07-04-2007, 12:25 AM   #5
JerryArr
Minors (Single A)

Suggestion
Add league averages for average, OBP, slugging, WHIP, etc on player pages

Reason
Easy comparison between a player and his competition.

Priority
Medium High
Old 07-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #6
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Suggestion

Change the eligibility criteria for the BA top 10 and BA top 100 prospect lists. At present, players are eligible provided they are 25 years old and under, and provided they have less than 2 years of MLB service time. The age requirement could perhaps be relaxed, but more importantly, the service time should be lowered to 1 year.

Reason

One now finds many players who are no longer rookies on BA prospect lists, which makes the lists unlike the real-life article.

Priority

Medium.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:04 AM   #7
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Suggestion

Extend the team BA prospect lists to 15-30 players.

Reason

BA used to publish top 15 lists in their magazine, and now publish top 30 lists in their Handbook. I certainly want to know, when e.g. making a trade, more than 10 prospects in an organization.

Priority

Low.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:07 AM   #8
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Suggestion

Take a snapshot of BA prospect lists on Jan 1st, and include prospect rankings in player histories, in the same way that awards are listed. So, a player's history might read '01/01/2008: Ranked the no. 4 prospect in the Detroit Tigers organization. Ranked the no. 91 prospect in MLB.'

Reason

I'd certainly find it interesting to look back over a player's career, and see whether he was a highly regarded prospect throughout his minor league career. I also find it strange that BA prospect lists update daily in the game, but that's a separate issue, and I imagine some people like things that way.

Priority

Low.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #9
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Suggestion
Fix the embedded links in the HTMLs that are copied into the almanac. They logo links and photo links and other links do not work from the Almanac locations.

Reason
Because it is broke

Priority
High
Old 07-04-2007, 06:16 PM   #10
cnield
Major Leagues

Suggestion
Player HTML cards should have player personality data included.

Reason
There's no way of knowing what a player's work ethic/intelligence are without opening the game.

Priority
Medium
Old 07-04-2007, 06:18 PM   #11
cnield
Major Leagues

Suggestion
Add some color to ratings listed in the HTML player cards to mirror that in the game.

Reason
Useful to have that right out there, without having to mentally convert a black 87 into a blue one. It would also make it easier to read ratings at a glance.

Priority
Medium
Old 07-04-2007, 09:08 PM   #12
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Suggestion
Reinstate the html Ratings Report from ootp 6.x that would list the players in my organization in the order of how good they are (instead of the current Ratings Report, which just orders players alphabetically).

Reason
When I play in ootp 6x online leagues, I rely on this Ratings Report more than any other report. It gives me a quick way of seeing who's the best RF that I should call up from AAA.

The Ratings Report from ootp 6x was great in that it was more than just ordering players by Star Ratings - it was employing some smart logic that seemed to include ratings, position, speed, etc.

Priority
critical (to me)!
Old 07-04-2007, 09:23 PM   #13
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Suggestion
Clean up dead links in minor league League 'home page' reports. If you go to the homepage for a minor league (e.g. http://www.pennant-chase.com/reports..._101_home.html) There are several links on this page that never have informaiton in them because the game doesn't generate such information. This includes:

Draft log: http://www.pennant-chase.com/reports...aft_log_0.html

Top Spects: http://www.pennant-chase.com/reports...prospects.html

Trading block (I think): http://www.pennant-chase.com/reports...ing_block.html

Upcoming free agents (I think): http://www.pennant-chase.com/reports..._report_0.html

Reason
Because to me this is kinda like a bug - clean up and streamline the game.

Priority
Medium
Old 07-04-2007, 09:25 PM   #14
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Suggestion
Change column headers in html reports to be clickable to allow sorting by column.

Reason
Would be wicked cool.

Priority
Low
Old 07-04-2007, 09:34 PM   #15
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Suggestion
Here's my suggestion for improved Injury Report. My suggested format has 2 key advantages:

1. Twice as many players can be displayed within the same real estate (less wasted space). (Notice that below 23 records can be listed in the same real estate currently occupied by only 11 records.)

2. If the injuries are displayed in a table, then we would be able to sort the report by clicking on the column headers (at least in-game), which would be a good way to quickly see how many injuries 1 person had, or how many injuries you had that were the result of running the bases.

Below are listed the current Injury Report and my suggested enhancement.

Suggested report format:

Reason
Would be wicked cool.

Priority
Low
Old 07-05-2007, 02:57 AM   #16
JerryArr
Minors (Single A)

Suggestion
All-time records for teams (ie, Most wins in one season: 2008 Arizona Diamondbacks, 135 or Least runs scored in one season: 1937 New York Yankees, 440, Biggest winning streak, 2008 Arizona Diamondbacks, 31, etc)

Reason
Everyone knows how bad the Mets were in '62. What if a team was close to breaking that record and we could look and see maybe a short blurb about that team (like '62 Mets: 617 scored, 948 allowed, best players, etc) and see how they compare? That would rule.

Priority
High
Old 07-05-2007, 10:24 AM   #17
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Suggestion
Make HTML reports easier to produce from the game. For instance, right now, the only way to get them is to 'export' them as if you're uploading them. In pretty much every version of the game, this has been a mild to medium hassle. Slow, cumbersome and all of that. It would be a lot nicer if these reports were somehow generated naturally or in a more seamless manner and updated automatically, rather than having to generate them separately.

Or better yet, just let us print pages inside the game.

Reason
Because they're such a big part of what people do with the game, it would be a lot nicer to have the ability to export what information we want, specifically to put it online, especially for solo leagues/dynasty writer immersion.

Priority
High.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:29 AM   #18
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Suggestion
instead of HTML pages, make the pages the game generates php pages

Reason
Allows 3rd party coders massive new capabilites

Priority
HIGH
Old 07-05-2007, 04:02 PM   #19
JerryArr
Minors (Single A)

Suggestion
Links to next year's team, and last year's team on a certain team's page (ie, for the 1980 Phillies, it would have links to the '79 Phils page and the '81 Phils page), or even have a year dropdown box for that purpose.

Reason
If I want to see a team's year-by-year progress, I'd have to go back to a team's Index, then click the next year, which is too inconvienient.

Priority
Medium High
Old 07-05-2007, 04:03 PM   #20
JerryArr
Minors (Single A)

Suggestion
Playoff results for playoff teams on their team pages. For the '80 Phils page it would say they defeated the Astros 3-2 and the Royals 4-2.

Reason
There's no mention of playoffs even on a World Champion's yearly team page. That shouldn't be, in my opinion.

Priority
High
Closed Thread