Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 06-20-2006, 01:16 AM   #1
Matter2003
All Star Starter

Angry MLB2006V3.0---Major Issue Just Arose...

I posted the bug in the tech support form, but this has really got me heated and pissed off...

After working for quite a few hours gathering proper financial info for leagues around the world and entering it in, I come to find out that it isn't even being used. The information being used is whats originally with the stock league. The only time different information is used is when you create a new league from scratch and then enter that info in. So the independant league info is all correct(since the teams didnt exist, i had to create the league), but leagues like the Cuban League, Korean League, Mexican League,etc all have jacked up financials and there is basically nothing I can do about it(since the are all part of the "default" league)...

My only recourse at this point is to release it as is(which I probably am gonna do), or basically re-start everything from scratch since for a reason known only to Markus, there is no way to base a new game on a league already created, which is a horrible, horrible design, IMHO. Even with making this a quickstart, I cannot add/delete leagues like you can at initial setup which renders all the other data included pretty much worthless, since there is no way of including it....

Maybe at some point I will have redo the leagues to make the financials come out right, but this is really taking the fun out of making changes when half the changes dont even work properly...no offense to the beta testers, but whoever was in charge of this area really dropped the ball on that one...
Matter2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:23 AM   #2
Matter2003
All Star Starter

OK---I'm an Idiot!!!!!

Apparently by assigning salaries afterwards in the league setup screen, it fixes the issues...Sorry about the previous post...accept my apologies...
Old 06-20-2006, 01:38 AM   #3
Matter2003
All Star Starter

Well, sort of...there are still teams that for some reason even after resetting it have the initial amount of cash for a major league team(like 25,000,000)...just reset it to some random number between the averages
Old 06-20-2006, 02:47 AM   #4
turdfurgeson
Major Leagues

Leagues can be deleted right, i thought they could just not be added. Either way, good luck........
turdfurgeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:01 AM   #5
Matter2003
All Star Starter

Everything is OK...

As of right now I have only the following left to do...

Redoing Mexican LEague Financials
Rename Japanese Stadiums
Importing/REnaming TruthSErums Logos
Importing/Renaming JAffe's MVP2005 Stadiums
Redoing MLB Stadiums

Should be set for a Wednesday Release...
Old 06-20-2006, 03:28 AM   #6
aewin
Major Leagues

can't wait!
aewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:48 PM   #7
Church OOTP
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matter2003
Should be set for a Wednesday Release...
So do you want your crucifix to be oak or elm. Fresh out of pine

Just kidding .... I really appreciate the work you are doing on this and I can't wait till the release. Feel free to take the time needed to get it right and the way you like it - we all understand.

I am making a custom league based off the 2005 season import and it's simply a TON of work. I keep doing it little by little so I can really appreciate what you (and Cubby and others) are spending time wise. The major difference I am making is dropping the 3 division format and going with 2 divisions (love the old fashion pennant race) ... each division has 8 teams so I had to add a couple of new clubs. It's been a good learning experience.
Church OOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:47 PM   #8
Kelly J Delaney
Minors (Double A)

Any word on the release? Thanks in advance.
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Kelly J Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:14 PM   #9
aewin
Major Leagues

are we there yet?
aewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:09 AM   #10
dl5175
Major Leagues

Anyway you could post those financials so I can use with my solo league, please?
dl5175 is online now   Reply With Quote