Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 06-08-2006, 07:19 AM   #1
Arlie Latham
Major Leagues

The Original New York Knickerbockers

Here's a logo that I used for several years. I didn't do anything to it baseball wise, I just liked it as I found it.

Knickerbockers, soon to be the championship club of Town Ball for 1846!
Attached Images
Arlie Latham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:50 AM   #2
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Beautiful logo.

I like the internal border and frame...a unique design.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:30 PM   #3
RockiesFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1846 Town Ball, eh? That sounds pretty interesting. I would be interested to hear how you are setting that up...
RockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:47 PM   #4
Arlie Latham
Major Leagues

Well, after I posted that logo, I did some more searching and read evidence of baseball being played in 1825 as well as a town ordinance against playing wicket, cricket, baseball, cat, and fives in the village square in Pittsfield, Massachusetts in 1791.

So, since the game allows us to go back to 1800, that's when I began my league. I play an 84 game season, one game followed by a day off. The statistical era modifiers are that of 1879, since they played an 84 game season that year.

Although the league is set up for 19th century play, I also allowed for Modern expansion. Here's how I did that. I have 6 Independent Leagues from Europe. This allows for the Dutch, English, Irish, Germans, etc. to arrive in the 19th century. They play half seasons as to not slow down the engine. These leagues will be changed in the 20th Century to the Pacific League, Independent Leagues, the Negro Leagues (late 19th Century), etc.

I also have the default leagues from Cuba, Japan, Korea,and Taiwan. These leagues play 20 game seasons with no playoffs and are currently listed as "A" ball quality. Their free agents can never leave nor can they sign from the free agent market. Basically, I just ignore those leagues. I just think of them as a bunch of amateur teams getting together on Sundays. However, this will allow me to activate their leagues once those countries started playing seasons in organized baseball in the 20th century.
Arlie Latham is offline   Reply With Quote