Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 11:33 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Marc: We only need one forum for each category.

Marc Duffy:

I don't think it is a good idea to have two logo forums.

The designers are all on the other forum.

They may not even know about this one.

Why don't you switch that forum to this forum and do away with the other one?...Consolidate them.

Properly advertise it, too.

It will get confusing, if you have several going at the same time.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:38 AM   #2
rocknfire7
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (4)
Not entirely sure on this but the new logo request section should be used for logos made in the png or jpeg formats.

The other should be used for the bmps
rocknfire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:17 AM   #3
Derek4jc
Minors (Triple A)

When you consider everything is in different format for the older game, it seems like it'd make sense to have 2 different forums.
Derek4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 06:43 AM   #4
theasfl
Hall Of Famer

I have no idea whether or not Ill again be able to make logos for the new version because of time constraints, but I agree with them being seperate sections.

The ASFL

22 different games, 9 sports. Please check out the website (www.theasfl.com/asfl2/). The league is free- if you're interested please fill out the signup form and/or email the commissioner.

Miami Talons (ABL): 2004, 2005 & 2008 Champs
theasfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:43 AM   #5
knuckler
Hall Of Famer

I agree with EC. It would be easier for me if they were in the same spot. So long as the person requesting the logos specifies whether they would prefer png or bmp. It's just easier to go to one forum for me.

It would be helpful maybe to have a sticky if it went to one forum, describing the best way to request logos. EC would be a good person to put together what something like that should say. Heck, even if it stays at 2 forums, having a sticky like that might be a good idea.
knuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 02:03 PM   #6
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

I actually like the idea of having the two forums, just because that keeps things a little more organized. I may request to have a couple of my threads moved to the new forum.
Layton is my Homeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 02:06 PM   #7
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

while I can see both sides of the coin here, folks by now shoudl probably be doing jpg's anyways regardless. I mean bmp's are ancient tech. Tiem to let it go

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 06:56 PM   #8
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
while I can see both sides of the coin here, folks by now shoudl probably be doing jpg's anyways regardless. I mean bmp's are ancient tech. Tiem to let it go
Which is better?

png's or jpg's?

The new version accept both.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:00 PM   #9
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layton is my Homeboy
I actually like the idea of having the two forums, just because that keeps things a little more organized. I may request to have a couple of my threads moved to the new forum.
I am just guessing, but I would think the Logo designers would like just one forum. That way they only have to look in one place to fill requests. Now they will have to check two forums.

I think one of our best logo designers...the best in my opinion (not only is he very good, but he fills requests on a daily basis)...knuckler has said he would prefer one forum.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:16 PM   #10
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church
I am just guessing, but I would think the Logo designers would like just one forum. That way they only have to look in one place to fill requests. Now they will have to check two forums.

I think one of our best logo designers...the best in my opinion (not only is he very good, but he fills requests on a daily basis)...knuckler has said he would prefer one forum.
I feel the same way. The Mods/Logos community would be better served with one forum IMHO. Under that umbrella, you can have separate sub-forums for the new game (png/jpg) and the previous ones (bmp). The fact that the new game uses a different file format is no big deal, since it only comes into play only after you have made the logo and you choose the format to save it in.
Right now it's a bit of a headache navigating each separate forum and making sure you're not missing anyone's request or making sure you're not simply seeing a duplicate thread that's a carry over from the older forum.
I just get the impression that the decision to go with a separate forum was an arbitrary one and no one from the Mod community was solicited for their views.

Old 06-20-2006, 05:43 PM   #11
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church
Which is better?

png's or jpg's?

The new version accept both.
I usually use PNG since it gives a better quality to filesize ratio, but both are a thousand times better than BMP.
Layton is my Homeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:11 PM   #12
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layton is my Homeboy
Two subforums inside one forum for logos is the answer.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote