Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-02-2020, 09:08 PM   #201
TomVeal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curve Ball Dave View Post
Prospects rated by position rather than just the top 100. I think this well within what's possible.
Better yet, a way to see what a player's ratings would be at each position without the need to change his position manually nine times.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:54 AM   #202
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

Better handling of national tournaments for teams with a handful of players in the database. There's a bias against sides with a just enough real players to form a side vs those that have all fakes because the fakes get higher ratings. There should be an option to rate any fake players in tournament teams at 0.5 stars so a plucky nine minor league players from Australia don't lose to Botswana* because they've got nine fictional players.

* Example nation only, I'm not really using Botswana in tournaments.
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:55 AM   #203
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

I may have posted this for last year, but would love the ability to group nations into teams or to edit the regions in-game so I can set up a USA vs Rest of the World or similar competition.

Last edited by Supermercado; 02-06-2020 at 01:01 AM.
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:48 PM   #204
AKAthatoneguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've kicked myself periodically over the last three years for setting up my fictional league in Challenge Mode. I don't want to do anything game-breaking, but I can't even do things like change the number of minor league levels (I didn't add a rookie league when I created my league and want to do so now) within the mode, and as we all know, you can't turn it off. I think this is a mistake.

I know the devs have taken a pretty hard stance on this in the past, but I think it's worth bringing up again. If we're worried about the integrity of the leaderboards/achievements, are those really more important than allowing players to do what they want with their saves? There has to be some way of allowing us to permanently turn off CM so that we can customize as we wish without starting a league we've grown fond of from scratch.

Failing that, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to do things like add a rookie league to my fictional league's minor league system while in Challenge Mode. I would also like the option to turn off owner firing as I want to stay with one team for good. I don't think that option would really sacrifice the integrity of CM, either.

Other things I'd like to see in 2021:

- Custom stadiums. Even if the customization is just picking from different options in a template, that works for me. I just don't want to see the exact same stadium every game.

- Banners, etc. in stadiums. Let us deck out our stadiums in style with some simple banners for championships and retired numbers!

- Special field designs for key games. This would also help immersion in both fictional and other leagues: Allow simple designs for the field that indicate it's a championship series or what have you.

- General 3D improvements. The game has steadily gotten better in this area, but I'd like to see more variety in the animations. Slightly different batting stances would be great. Things like the occasional collision or miscommunication in the field or missed diving catches would also be nice - right now, every diving catch is successful, and not knowing whether the play would be made would make watching the games more exciting.

- Overall storytelling. For fictional players especially, this would be great. A little more variety in write-ups after things like great performances, player confrontations, etc. News/rumors about player extension negotiations, free agents, stuff like that can make the game more lively. I don't need a lot here, there are storylines that pop up now and then and they're fun, but a little more in that area would be cool.

- Special events. A lot of the fun for me as a fictional league player is seeing legendary players and teams grow. Could we have the option to schedule special events such as having back members of championship teams for ceremonial appearances or scheduling nights to honor past players for number retirements, etc.? These could come with a slight attendance bump and a little in-game text and maybe an animation of the player/players waving to the crowd.

- Better ways to sort through stats. Sometimes, it's difficult to find what you're looking for even with all the options available. I wanted to look to see if a player was the first in my league to achieve 40/40 status and had to manually go through the best steals years in league history, click on them and see if the player also had 40+ HR that year.

Overall, in-game stadium customization of some sort and continued 3D improvements are my two must-haves. Greater options in Challenge Mode (or the option to turn it off permanently within a save) would also be nice.
AKAthatoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:14 PM   #205
naturaldopamine
Minors (Double A)

DEDICATED. SERVERS. Online leagues would be SO much better.

And just more depth to the coaching staff / mechanics. A coaching carousel where you start in A ball and move up through the years building up your reputation would turn this game into the GOAT.

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."
Oscar Gamble
naturaldopamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:22 PM   #206
lklepp
Bat Boy

More in game options

I would like the ability to call pitches for your pitchers, giving you more control. This could help either keep walks down for your pitcher, know if he is missing his spots so is more fatigued... Just my hope.

I also would like to see a sacrifice fly option, so your hitter will go for a sacrifice. To many times I just need a fly ball with a guy on 3rd and my hitter either hits into a double play or strikes out. While these are realistic if the hitter is hitting away, if a hitter is just going for a fly ball he is less likely to hit the ball on the ground or strike out.
lklepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:46 PM   #207
AKAthatoneguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Oh, and if the pbp indicates that the roof is closed because it's raining, it'd be nice to not see the city skyline in the background. On that note, a choice between different skylines would be cool to help differentiate stadiums.

Another thing- I'd like an option besides "swing away" and "take pitch" when you want to advance an at-bat one pitch at a time. Sometimes I want someone to hit as they naturally would while a runner's on base to see where the count ends up before deciding whether I want to steal, hit and run, etc.

From what I've heard in the past, "swing away" is going to make the hitter chase pretty much whatever's pitched. Not sure if that's true, but if it is, another button that allows the at-bat to progress a pitch with the batter hitting as normal would be great.
AKAthatoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 01:44 AM   #208
jonathanlingle
Bat Boy

Pre-Season

Love everything about the game as it is, but one nit-picky thing.... I know it's probably been said already, but how about a more realistic preseason... Grapefruit and Cactus Leagues.
jonathanlingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 01:47 PM   #209
Crazyjoe0813
Minors (Single A)

I would love to see an easy way to import historical players into a fictional league. So let me create the teams and league structure how I want it and then give me an option to import all the historical players from a certain year. Say I want to create an alternate history league where MLB folded in 1994 instead of coming back from the strike and then a new baseball league started up. So it would let me create the pool of players using their history and everything up until the end of the 1994 season and then I can just assign the players to team in Commissioner mode, or hold a draft to get players on teams.
Crazyjoe0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:38 PM   #210
CD Longball
Bat Boy

I do not necessarily care about franchises or histories. I would like to have the ability to have an inaugural draft in which I can choose any historical player from any year and play a single season (over and over again) or create a league made up of historical teams with best players form each teams (Yankee greats, Red Sox Greats, Pirates greats, etc.).
CD Longball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:28 PM   #211
chriskelly
All Star Reserve

When drafting and using recommend a player:
1. Ability to say "recommend another player" instead of the one displayed
2. recommend by position (or, the recommendation comes back with the best player at each position)
chriskelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:30 PM   #212
chriskelly
All Star Reserve

When doing an expansion draft, I'd like to see more options that mirror the last bunch of actual expansions......each team holds back a certain number, then 1 round of drafting takes place, then every team pulls back 3 more, etc.
chriskelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:24 PM   #213
ldambrosa
Minors (Single A)

Player-Managers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooSam309 View Post
Yes to all this. It would also add a ton of value to historical games to be able to use the historical minor league database without having to use the historical league structure.

A minor addition that would improve historical immersion: player-managers. It was the most common arrangement in the game for decades.

But, generally, there's not much else to ask for. The is an amazing game!

I totally agree with the request for player-managers. I've seen a few times now where a player is really a player-manager and the player gets traded, but the manager (who is the same person) stays as manager, so you have Ned Hanlon the player on one team and Ned Hanlon the manager managing a different team.
ldambrosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:55 PM   #214
ldambrosa
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
More work on player personalities. You should have other ways to effect a player's happiness than money, wins, and playing time. Lets let personalities and relationships actually effect something similar to Football Manager.

Better trade AI/Logic. I find that OOTP20 HEAVILY values contract amount this year.

A better scouting system. I should get more than "one" scout, and I should be able to do more with the fog of war. Let's make scouting mean more.

Bottom line: Let's pay more attention to the fans who actually got this franchise to OOTP21. I feel that the needle did not move very much from OOTP19 to OOTP20 for those of us who really don't care about "Perfect Team." For me, personally, as someone who has owned every version of this game since OOTP4 was disappointing being the 20th (21st?) version of the game.

OH and one thing I almost forgot: A better "Manager Only" version. I want to interact with my GM more. I want to be able to tell him that "we need a better 2nd baseman" and have him make a decision of what to do based on our position in the standings, money available, his positional desires etc.. I tried playing a manager only game and just found myself feeling like my hands were tied with so many decisions. And I feel like that would not be the case in the "real world."

In other words: BREAK DOWN THE SILOS.

I am in complete agreement about the ability for managers and GMs to interact. If I am playing Manager only, I want to be able to tell my GM, "Hey, I really need a backup outfielder who can hit lefties". If I am a GM only, the AI manager should be able to let me know the same thing. Or the opposite: the GM telling the manager "Hey, maybe you rest the vets for the last two weeks as we've already clinched" instead of having Nap Lajoie injured on the next-to-last day of the season, then losing the World Series

We have players who get upset because of their role on the team or lack of playing time; why not managers who quit because they and the GM "were not seeing eye to eye on the makeup of the ball club".
Old 02-17-2020, 01:06 PM   #215
ldambrosa
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauwoo View Post
Weird request - but, I want functionality that would allow me to import a player from one of my fictional leagues into a historical sim. With facegen, etc.

Without having to try and recreate the player in the editor.

I haven't actually done this whole process, so please forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think this CAN be done already. I've used league exports for other purposes, but if you look at the file it has pretty much every rating you can want in there, even down to individual pitch ratings for pitchers. So, you should be able to do a league roster export in the League Functions menu, then slice and dice the file in Excel to get only the players you want to import, then import them into your other league using the roster import function. I'll have to try it when I get home
Old 02-19-2020, 12:17 AM   #216
EternallyOptimisticCubFan
Bat Boy

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere yet but please...

Add longest team winning streaks to the League history index.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:17 PM   #217
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

mentioned this in the past, but worth re-requesting:

managers/coaches for the international complex.
ability to create players for the International complex.

ability to retire coaches/managers instead of firing them.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:09 PM   #218
McGriff4Hall
Bat Boy

I posted this years ago, but worth posting again.

Something I think would be useful to be tracked for players would be awards - giving them the availability to be searched and sorted on the statistics and player screens (especially since the player lists were completely revamped this year):
Player of the game (per team)
Top game performance of the day
Player of the week
Player of the month

And then the yearly All Star/MVP/Cy Young/GG/SS/custom awards.

I think it would be fun/helpful since the daily awards are generated anyway and the only place the yearly awards are shown (besides recently retired players, and probably one other place I'm forgetting) is on the player page and the almanac.
McGriff4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:53 PM   #219
MXMISSIL007
Bat Boy

There is a way out there proposal about playoff changes

I was wondering if OOTP would consider adding this possible playoff model to its options. there have been articles posted online about an intriguing basketball tweak to their playoffs that seems much more suited for baseball.
It is scaled the best record gets a buy into the semifinals the other two division winners host three game series in the quarterfinals along with the top wild card. Now the second wild card and additional third and fourth wild cards make the playoffs. Instead of just 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6, and 4 vs. 5 the second division winner gets to choose between teams 5, 6, 7. Followed by the third division winner which gets to pick between the final two teams. Team 7 may be sub .500 but also might have been in a division with a teams that won 100 and 90 games. Anyway just a thought. This is actually being floated around the NBA but when talked about it is often said to be a better fit for Baseball.
MXMISSIL007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 01:09 AM   #220
MXMISSIL007
Bat Boy

Fixing the DH for good

I am one of those people that see the DH as both good and problematic but I have a solution.

Tie the designated hitter and pitcher together.

When either player is replaced both are replaced.

Now I would make two rules that currently aren't rules. First say that DH is frozen until the beginning of inning number 5 and secondly the DH bats in 9th slot. Once the fifth inning begins any pitching change after that and another player must becomes the batter until he as batted once. Then if pitchers are changed after that at bat a new player is used for the next time in the No. 9 spot.

Now I would do this for both leagues. So they would finally have the same rules.

Another thing this will curtail is players hanging around long past their prime.

Are you really going to keep a player that cant play in the field and is only guaranteed one at bat.

It will get younger players more at bats and a chance to rest players with the dh role.

you may have to add another roster spot making it 27 now but easily paid for by the inflated price of a dh long past his actual playing days.
MXMISSIL007 is offline   Reply With Quote