Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 02-15-2020, 12:51 AM   #1
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Oh boy...What did I do to my game settings?

Hi there. I've been having a disastrous season and I've been in panic mode trying to trade before the deadline hits. I'm pretty sure I play the game with pretty much all default settings. Anyway, I used to get trade proposals from other teams now and then, but in my panic mode I did something that all of a sudden, I was getting trade offers every day, sometimes multiple offers on the same day. I'm certain that I had searched the online manual and the great Google overlords trying to get more offers. But, I can't remember exactly what or where, but I'm pretty sure I did something in my game which supposedly would "increase the likelihood the AI teams would offer/initiate trades" with me. I finally made it past the Trade Deadline, so I can go back to auto-playing a week at a time instead of it auto-stopping every single day. But, I'm worried I'm going to get an overflow of trade offers next season because of what I must have done. I didn't do anything in Commissioner Mode. That much I know. Any ideas?

While I was looking everywhere I could to try and rectify my problem above, I must have screwed something up by enabling/disabling a command. Now, any time I right-click on one of my players I get the options, Clone Player, Retire Player and Delete Player. Those options definitely weren't there previously. My right-click menu on a player's name always ended with Trade Options and then Transactions. What the heck did I do?! How can I get those 3 options to disappear from my menu? Anyone? Class...Anyone??
ALB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:41 AM   #2
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I'm not quite sure what is going on with what you describe in this first paragraph. Obviously, as you approach the trading deadline the numbers of offers coming in from other teams will ramp up. But perhaps you are also getting more offers because you identified needs for your team that other teams are trying to respond to?
Here are some screenshots to show this. Anything in the circled area in the second screen in your game?
Name:  Capture 66.jpg
Views: 1457
Size:  91.9 KB
Name:  Capture 67.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  86.4 KB

As for the second paragraph, well, intentionally or not I'm sure this means you are currently playing as commissioner.
Check here:
Name:  Capture 65.PNG
Views: 1067
Size:  397.7 KB

Is Play in Commissioner Mode checked? Uncheck if you don't want those options showing up anymore.

The Denver Brewers of the W.P. Kinsella League--
The fun starts here(1965-1971: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=289570
And continues here (1972-1976): https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=300500
On we go (1977- 1979): https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=314601
For ongoing and more random updates on the WPK:https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=325147, https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=330717
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:52 PM   #3
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

did you perhaps uncheck the box to allow trades? i did that (or the game did it for me) a couple of times, and that made the trade option disappear from the profile page. Not certain, but something to check. Not at my game computer - so can't look to see where that setting is exactly, but it is somewhere in the league settings ..... good luck in getting it resolved.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:36 AM   #4
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
But perhaps you are also getting more offers because you identified needs for your team that other teams are trying to respond to?
Here are some screenshots to show this. Anything in the circled area in the second screen in your game?
Attachment 673252
Attachment 673253

As for the second paragraph, well, intentionally or not I'm sure this means you are currently playing as commissioner.
Check here:
Attachment 673254
Thank you so much! You were correct on both counts. OOTP is still so overwhelming to me and I play so slowly (because I can never find what I'm looking for LOL) I often forget that I did something as in the case of adding Team Needs and putting players on the Block...

The Commissioner Mode -- I don't even remember clicking to enable the mode. I have no clue how or why I did that. LOL

Again, thank you, very much.
ALB123 is offline   Reply With Quote