Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 09-20-2017, 08:49 AM   #1
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Online Leagues?

I did not see it in the email but I skimmed.
Is it an option?
The promo email looks excellent.

Thanks,
Tom (LP)
Old 09-20-2017, 09:40 AM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...8&postcount=53
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:55 AM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post

Thank you
Old 09-20-2017, 10:56 AM   #4
USF
All Star Starter

Until I see online play that works I will not be buying the game.

USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:08 PM   #5
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF View Post
Until I see online play that works I will not be buying the game.
With that attitude the game will never be successful, won't ever grow and the chances of adding Online becomes next to none.

More money = more features.
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutS|der View Post
With that attitude the game will never be successful, won't ever grow and the chances of adding Online becomes next to none.

With such a small team as ours we need to make priorities. We do that on the base of what we think is best for as many people as possible. Once we have a great core game we will turn to other stuff and implement it, just like OOTP does it for many, many years now.

I totally understand that everyone has his favorite feature and I also understand when someone does not want to buy until it is implemented but that is exactly the reason we try to add stuff that the majority wants in first, so as many people as possible buy the game and give us a chance to continue with the development.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:49 PM   #7
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:

That's what crowd funding is for. THere's no issue with someone not buying a product because they arent going to play it. Seems more silly to spend a premium price for a game that lacks the features you want.

I'm going to hold out for the early reviews... We'll see if I finally dive into this one.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:55 PM   #8
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
With such a small team as ours we need to make priorities. We do that on the base of what we think is best for as many people as possible. Once we have a great core game we will turn to other stuff and implement it, just like OOTP does it for many, many years now.

I totally understand that everyone has his favorite feature and I also understand when someone does not want to buy until it is implemented but that is exactly the reason we try to add stuff that the majority wants in first, so as many people as possible buy the game and give us a chance to continue with the development.

I read the linked post and the logic makes sense to me.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:45 PM   #9
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:

This is a ridiculous statement. Why buy something if it doesn't offer what you want? I wouldn't buy a new car without an engine just so the company can make money to implement engines in a future model.
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:04 AM   #10
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Talking Amazing

I'm crossing sports, but the best way to describe my first reaction to this release is to quote Casey Stengel. When he was asked about the Mets winning the World Series in 1969, the Ole Perfessor said:

"Amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing...."

I have ordered, without really intending to play for awhile, but the explosion of new features will really test my commitment to my current FHM 3 saves.

Truly remarkable. Thanks.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:46 AM   #11
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romagoth View Post
This is a ridiculous statement. Why buy something if it doesn't offer what you want? I wouldn't buy a new car without an engine just so the company can make money to implement engines in a future model.
If online play is comparable to an engine for you then of course don't buy it.
For me it's comparable to not offering the car in red, If I felt the company "deserved" my support then I would overlook it not having that color.

My point was this is a small team making a hockey sim, There are very few options in this genre so it's not ridiculous to put up with a feature missing while still enjoying the rest of game.
The more that buy the game the better.
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:00 PM   #12
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
If online play is comparable to an engine for you then of course don't buy it.
For me it's comparable to not offering the car in red, If I felt the company "deserved" my support then I would overlook it not having that color.
I'll start off by saying "to each their own." I used to be in the same boat as you until I joined my first OOTPB online league. The AI engine is okay, but there is nothing like negotiating with a live person for a trade, or dealing with people who each have their own ideas and visions for their franchise. Its not about color, its about cylinders. Its the difference between a 10 year old V4 and a brand new V8.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:00 PM   #13
BAMN!! Baseball
Minors (Single A)

Dont know if they realize there is sim leagues out there using different programs to run their league and if they switched to FHM they would be looking at 30 more sales per league.

I find it hard to believe that there are other parts of the game in more of a demand than there is for Online capabilities, and it does not have to be head to head or anything all it needs to be is loading of team files and exporting of HTML pages
BAMN!! Baseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:09 AM   #14
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMN!! Baseball View Post
Dont know if they realize there is sim leagues out there using different programs to run their league and if they switched to FHM they would be looking at 30 more sales per league.

I find it hard to believe that there are other parts of the game in more of a demand than there is for Online capabilities, and it does not have to be head to head or anything all it needs to be is loading of team files and exporting of HTML pages
I say this with the highest respect for online leagues and as someone who had a long (something like 6-7 years) running OOTP online league (German Baseball League) back in the OOTP3-6 days (in fact, without me doing the OOTP online league I would never have met Markus and Andreas, would never had started to work for them on iOOTP and FHM would never have existed; I would also miss 2 great guys in my life ): Online Leagues, if done right, are a very cool thing but to do it right, it needs two things: a game that allows the transfer of saves (and with the many changes we do to the core game from version to version we are not there yet) and a lot of time to implement it correctly. As I said before, with limited resources we have to make priorities and look what the majority of people wants to have (in the end we need to make enough sales to do this for a long time ) and as cool as Online Leagues are, much more people just don´t care about them.

Long story short: I know first hand how cool such feature is and there will be a time we have the needed core game and the time to do it right. And once we are there, I will happily work on it because I myself am really looking forward to it.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:59 AM   #15
bjernagris
Minors (Single A)

Not sure if this an appropriate place to post for marketing an online league, but the iNHL is still running strong on the FHM2 platform.

We have been running for over two years now and are just about to conclude our 2021/22 season. We generally have a full 32-team league (including the Golden Knights and a Seattle team) but every once in a while we get openings - right now the LA Kings are available.

We regularly edit in real-life prospects to add realism. Rasmus Dahlin is looking like an absolute beast. With the 2022 draft coming up it looks like Matt Savoie will go 1st overall this year.

We have also developed a League Portal based on the CSV exports that can be generated in-game, so you can check on your team also when you don't have game access.

We have a great community of active and committed GMs and are looking for more people to join. If you are getting tired of playing single player FHM and find yourself looking for a new challenge, give us a shot. Head down to the iNHL Forums and sign up in the application thread!

iNHL is the longest running FHM online league in the world

- Semi-realistic, modern-day NHL league
- Running since 2015, currently in our 30th season (two restarts)
- Active, friendly community
- Own research team adding real-life prospects to make drafts more realistic
- Recently moved to FHM10
- Read more and apply HERE
bjernagris is offline   Reply With Quote