Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 07-23-2015, 07:08 AM   #1
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

Custom Schedule Request

Hey all,

Doing my first fictional league with minors and custom college/high school feeders. I am requesting a custom schedule because I want to make my high school and college teams have adequate days off to allow for less SP requirements. My goal is to get my HS teams to only have 2 starters and my College teams to have 4. Here are the details;

High School-
Set up is 2 conferences with 2 divisions in each. 5 teams per division(20 teams in all). I would like to see them play 26 games but only on the weekends. No inter-league required but i have made sure that balanced games are thought through. Teams would play their division rivals for 4 games. Most likely 2 games at their opponent one weekend and the other 2 game series at home on another weekend. Their non division rivals (the other 5 teams in the other division) they would only play 2 times. This makes sure that the teams won't tire out their 2 starters with loads of back to back games. This means that there would be 13 weeks of ball (if that means anything). Their schedule begins on the first weekend of April (must be a sat).

If that doesn't scare you off try out the college request.

College-
College has the same setup as high school with 2 conferences, 2 divisions in each conference, and 5 teams in each division (20 teams in all). However they play more games. I would like to have the college teams play 4 games a week from thursday to sunday. So they play 2x the games high school does. Its basically just 2x of highschool. They would play 52 games. 8 against their division rivals (4 teams) and 4 games against the other division teams (5 teams). Again no inter-league but balanced schedule. College begins same time as HS (first thursday of april).

The hardest part is only allowing the teams to play on certain days. I started a custom schedule by editing the xml file and was just getting really bogged down by how much work it was going to take.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, i'm more than happy to also take advise on different styles and ideas. I stream this league on twitch as well so if you want to watch how it goes i will include that below.

Twitch

Thanks
Alex
Alex Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:02 AM   #2
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Do you want every team playing every weekend because if you do then you can complete these schedules in 8 and 16 weeks respectively. You have to have idle teams on some weekends to stretch the season to 13 and 26 weeks. Is that what you want?

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

No the math is right actually, i don't think i explained it well enough though.

Highschool-Each team plays 1 game on sat and 1 game on sunday. This will be a 2 game series against another team with balanced home/away. All division rivals will play a 2 game series home and a 2 game series away during the course of the season. However non-division rivals (the 2nd division in the same conference) will play a home and away game for the sat/sun series. As explained in the previous post division rivals are played against 4 times and all other conference teams 2 times. If the teams play 2 games each week they can finish their 26 game season in 13 weeks.

Using the image above as reference. Atlanta will play Balt, Buff, Detroit, and Durham for 4 games each (2 home 2 away). They will also play Chula, OK City, Phx, San Diego, and Wichita 2 games each (1 home 1 away).

College-Each team plays a game on thrusday, fri, sat, and sunday. It has the same setup as the image above in regards to conferences and divisions so its the same deal. However they play thur-sunday 1 game a day. So the idea is to have them play 2x the amount of games. So using the same example as above just x2 each series. 8 games each against the 4 division rivals (4 home 4 away) and 4 games each against the other division teams (2 home 2 away).

Again each college team plays 4 games each week to be able to finish the season in also 13 weeks.

I hope this helps the confusion.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:28 AM   #4
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Your math is right but because of the odd number of division teams you can ccomplete the HS schedule in 8 weeks. Week 1: 1 plays 2 and 3 plays 4 who does 5 play? 5 can only play out of the division.

Last edited by bailey; 07-23-2015 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:40 AM   #5
thehip41
Major Leagues

He said 8 games vs own division and 4 games vs. other division in the same subleague.

Wouldn't need any weekends off.
thehip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:59 AM   #6
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Your math is right but because of the odd number of division teams you can ccomplete the HS schedule in 8 weeks. Week 1: 1 plays 2 and 3 plays 4 who does 5 play? 5 can only play out of the division.

Edit: OK, I misread the college schedule requirements but it only means you can finish each schedule in 8 weeks with 3 bye weeks per team or 13 weeks with 8 bye weeks per team.

Edit: oops maybe it is 10 weeks and no bye weeks

Last edited by bailey; 07-23-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:01 PM   #7
thehip41
Major Leagues

I have a little bit of time, I should be able to create this.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:16 PM   #8
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

I'm sorry that was my bad for not realizing that was the hangup. I actually didn't realize that there was always going to be 1 team out of the division games that would be required to play the other division. Thank hip for starting on this. Do you guys know if i can make the edited schedule the default for the league so it doesn't generate a random one every year? I wouldn't feel bad about loading the schedule over and over each new year but was just wondering?

Oh one more thing i have already changed each league to start on what would be the first game of the year so it should be easier for you. HS starts on sat (day 1) and Coll starts on Thur (day 1).

Thanks again,
Alex
Old 07-23-2015, 02:21 PM   #9
thehip41
Major Leagues

The one inter division game per week isn't an issue. Works out that 7 weeks have 1 interdivision series and 6 weeks have 3 interdivision series.

I have it all created in excel, just need to test it out tonight. Should be all set soon.

I am making two independent schedules, one for the college, one for the hs. You should be able to load it into the league and it will stay there forever. No need to keep updating it.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:22 PM   #10
thehip41
Major Leagues

Last question.

Game times. What do you want them to be for these leagues?
Old 07-23-2015, 02:42 PM   #11
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

Ok i'll try to make it easy over complicated.
College can have games for Thur, Fri, and Sat at 5:30. The Sun game can be at 12:00 (noon).
HS-Sat games at 5:30 and Sun at 12:00 (noon)
Old 07-24-2015, 11:57 PM   #12
thehip41
Major Leagues

Here you go.