Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:06 PM   #1
Cygnus_X1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Junior Teams Releasing Prospects

Hey All. I found an AI quirk that dosent affect my team, but annoys me an unreasonable amount. I found that CHL teams have a strange obsession to sign theyre draft picks, and then buy them out shortly after. Name:  draftpicks1.JPG
Views: 2876
Size:  315.0 KB
This is a look at the Top Prospects for the OHL.
Here is i prime example of what I'm talking about. Defenceman Andrew Menegakis was drafted in the second round of the most recent OHL draft by the Ottawa 67's. He gets signed to the 67's, and a month later, he is released.
Name:  menegakis.JPG
Views: 2316
Size:  25.3 KB
It really seems like theres no rhyme or reason as to why the game does this, I assume it has something to do with the AI logic regarding prospects. A result of this is that once released by a team, that player becomes available to sign for any CHL team, regardless of region. I drafted a player from the Barrie Colts, who was originally drafted by the WHL's Brandon Wheat Kings. Is this something that can be fixed, cuz its really annoying to have to return the rights to the players manually.
Cygnus_X1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:11 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Can you upload that save (instructions here)? I'd like to have a look at the exact roster situations of those teams, it may be an issue where they're short on protected list space.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:48 PM   #3
Cygnus_X1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just uploaded the file. It is PetrieFile.lg.zip. If it is something to do with the protection list, I think that a good solution could be to have the AI prioritize keeping players drafted in the earlier rounds, maybe rounds 1-8. Also, I have gone in manually to give the rights back to the teams that drafted the players. I hope you are able to figure out the issue, Thanks
Old 02-19-2020, 03:41 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

After looking at the file, doesn't look like it's a protected list thing. For some reason, even when the're roster/protected list space available, the major junior AI seems to be releasing one player whenever it signs a new one, even though there's no obvious reason for doing so. We'll have to investigate a little further to see why that's happening.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:30 AM   #5
Cygnus_X1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
After looking at the file, doesn't look like it's a protected list thing. For some reason, even when the're roster/protected list space available, the major junior AI seems to be releasing one player whenever it signs a new one, even though there's no obvious reason for doing so. We'll have to investigate a little further to see why that's happening.
How long would it take for something like this to fix? I assume other people may be dealing with this too, so I think it could be something to fix in an update.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:10 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

I think I've found the problem, it's related to the number of allowed contracts. Going to do some experimenting with that, if it works as I think it will, the change will be in the final update.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:39 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

I think I have it worked out. Try this: on the next July 1, change the number of contracted players allowed in the WHL, OHL, and QMJHL to 50. The problem seems to be arising out of the conflict between the 50-man protected list and the signing limits.

I want to examine that in a little more detail at a later point, but right now making them the same size seems to end the major junior AI's habit of releasing a player whenever it signs a new one, but without doing anything really odd like resulting in excessive numbers of players being signed - it seems to hove in the mid-30's for most teams. It's not a perfect rendition of the CHL's rules, but in practice it results in more realistic handling of players, so I'll take that for now.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:22 AM   #8
Cygnus_X1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just passed july in my game, and they are releasing prospects again, so I will make sure to try that for the next july 1st.
Old 06-15-2020, 03:15 AM   #9
Cygnus_X1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So i havent really been able to test whether the fix you suggested helped due to school. shout out to the mayhem that is university. anyway, i made those changes. CPU's will still release some prospects, but not anywhere near the level it was before. looks like it helped a lot. thanks