Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 02-16-2020, 08:28 PM   #1
qronell
Bat Boy

great accuracy of OOTPBB

hi trying to prove that this is the best game on the planet. Want to compare to strat-o-matic and APBA games. can somebody send me scanned card images of 1 of the seasons of these games, any 1 from 1970-1979. I want to play a full season and compare to actual results. Many thanks in advance.
email is qronell@yahoo.com
rock on OOTPBB!
qronell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:22 PM   #2
qronell
Bat Boy

i understand it is alot to ask, but would love to compare the games during the rest of this year. Thank you
Old 02-19-2020, 09:27 PM   #3
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Sorry man, but I think you're asking a bit much of the community. Read reviews of OOTP online to get a look into the incredible sim experience that is OOTP.
Zeppelin462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:14 PM   #4
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by qronell View Post
hi trying to prove that this is the best game on the planet. Want to compare to strat-o-matic and APBA games. can somebody send me scanned card images of 1 of the seasons of these games, any 1 from 1970-1979. I want to play a full season and compare to actual results. Many thanks in advance.
email is qronell@yahoo.com
rock on OOTPBB!
my advice is to get an older edition for 5 dollars on steam to get a feel for it.
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:13 PM   #5
Ramzavail
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbeene View Post
my advice is to get an older edition for 5 dollars on steam to get a feel for it.
there are free versions too. I think OOTP 11 is free somewhere around here.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:40 PM   #6
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I may be mistaken but I think the OP is asking for free (well, scanned images of) Strat-O-Matic and/or APBA seasons. (Presumably he already owns OOTP. But I really can't know for sure.)

Given that these two companies are still in business it is certainly an option to purchase seasons if he wishes to complete this comparison.
Personally, I think this is a bit of an apples to oranges thing and can't really see the point.

The Denver Brewers of the W.P. Kinsella League--
The fun starts here(1965-1971: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=289570
And continues here (1972-1976): https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=300500
On we go (1977- 1979): https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=314601
For ongoing and more random updates on the WPK:https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=325147, https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=330717
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:04 PM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Yes comparing replay games with a dynamic evolving sim is further apart than apples and oranges.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:39 PM   #8
qronell
Bat Boy

those card sets on ebay are crazy expensive
i love my ootpbaseball 19
just wanted to do a fun experiment
thank you everybody