Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 04-17-2020, 03:23 PM   #121
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Smile First move of the offseason!

We didn't have a starters spot open for him, so we are going to send Luis Guillorme to Arizona for a pair of decent prospects.
He was projected to earn about $3.5 million in arbitration.

Here is a look at Jim Blue. The Michigan native was a 6th rounder in 2022 and has great speed/stealing, good defense and power potential.

Here is a look at Jaime Blake. This lefty hitting catcher was a 2nd rounder in this past draft.

More moves to come!!!
WarningTrakPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 03:50 PM   #122
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Lightbulb Ready to start 2024!

Here are the AL preseason predictions! We have three pitchers projected in the top 10.

Here is the pitchers we are starting the year with.

Alex Faedo is on the IL to start the season.

Here are the batters to start the season. I am going to try and move Kody Clemens just to give him a chance elsewhere.

This is the last season for Paul DeJong, which opens a spot for Bobby Witt Jr. in 2025.

Parker Meadows starts on the IL.

Old 04-23-2020, 12:21 PM   #123
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Talking Trade before opening day!

Last year we carried Kody Clemens for a full season, and he only got 10 starts. His numbers look decent, but I think what we saw in 2022 was probably more accruate (larger sample size).

I don't like to have "outspoken" players if I can help it, but he hit in AA and AAA enough to "earn" the callup in 2022.

Since he is still pre-arbitration, likely wouldn't qualify for super two and had two option years remaining, I thought we would keep him at least one more season.

Also, he is below average defensively everywhere he plays.

So we have decided to send him to Boston in a package for two OF prospects.

The big piece we are getting in return is Petey Halpin. He was a 4th rounder in 2020, so he doesn't need rule 5 protection this offseason. Prospect pipeline has him ranked as the 171st best prospect (28th best OF prospect).

I love the look of his profile and I will be interested to see how he hits in AA and AAA. Hopefully he can progress his way to our roster at some point in 2025!

Antonio Dominguez will soon be 23 and has a MiLB career OPS of .668 (with no outstanding seasons of note). He is a 2 star potential prospect.

Chris Mokma was a 15th rounder in 2021 as a starter, but he has only made 4 starts in 2.5 seasons so far. He is a 2.5 star potential (as a reliever).

We added in Tyler Esplin because he is a captain and his MiLB career OPS is .793 in about 2600 plate appearances.
He is a 2.5 star overall, but has not hit in AAA yet. I will be interested to see how he does in Toledo.\

Taking the 26th roster spot will be Josh Smith (for the time being). We have too many 3B currently, but he will (likely) be optioned once Parker Meadows is ready to come off IL.

Last edited by WarningTrakPower; 04-23-2020 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:33 PM   #124
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Lightbulb Team Update - 2024 June Draft!

Here are the standings/leaderboards on June 4th, 2024!
All five teams in the AL Central very much in it this year!

Here is a look at how our pitchers have done so far.

We expect better results from a few of our starters, most notably is Cionel Perez. He has only had two quality starts all season.
Since he is a pending free agent, let's hope he turns it around soon.

Here is a look at how our hitters have done so far. Ryan McMahon is off to a poor start to the season. He is also a pending free agent, so I hope he rediscovers his hitting stroke.

Isaac Parades has lost the starting third base job, but he did have a very good May (.810 OPS in 38 PA's). Maybe we put him in at DH and move Ryan McMahon.

One other player I wanted to highlight is Byron Buxton. I saw that St. Louis put him on trading block. What a tremendous first half he has had!

Old 04-29-2020, 08:57 AM   #125
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Lightbulb Follow up to team update!

Forgot to add in the update on injured players, so here it is!

Curtis Taylor - Forearm Inflammation - Out for 3 months in mid April.
This right handed reliever is in his fifth season with us after being a rule 5 draft pick prior to the 2020 season.
He has been amazing since we got him, but only appeared in four games prior to being injured.
Alex Faedo was recalled from AAA. He was on rehab assignment after a late spring injury put him on the IL.

Joan Adon - Torn UCL - Out over a year in early April.
This right handed reliever was acquired in trade from Colorado after the 2022 season.
He had a very successful 2023 in AAA (after never pitching in AA) and cracked our opening day lineup.
Only made it in to 4 games for us before being injured.
Cody Greenhill was called up as his replacement. He was originally acquired with Giovanny Gallegos before 2022 deadline.

Daz Cameron - Fractured Jaw - Out for 4-5 weeks
This right handed hitting outfielder had been playing alot in the early part of the season, but was not hitting very well (.614 OPS in 41 games).
I like that he is a captain, can play any OF position and his expectation is bench player.
We don't expect to have him back until early July after a rehab assignment to see if he regain his hitting stroke.
Nasim Nunez was recalled from AAA. I was going to force him in to the starting lineup, but our other 3 OF were doing quite good.
He doesn't have any OF experience, but he has the defensive ratings to do at an above average level.
He was originally acquired with Bobby Witt Jr. for Willi Castro during the 2022 season.

Joey Wentz - On rehab assignment (29 days left). Had strep throat when acquired off waivers.
He is turning 27 in early October, but he only has 66 days of "service time". He is out of options however.
He has very limited MLB experience (9 games, 2 starts), but in 74 AAA starts his ERA is 3.59, WHIP is 1.24, HR/9 is 0.8 and his K/9 is 6.7.
Also, he is a left hander with three pitches rated 60 or above. If we don't have room in the rotation, he might be a good bullpen weapon.

He also has a little bit of hitting skills. In 2022, he hit 8 homers in AAA in 138 PA's (.715 OPS, but small sample). Hence the 60 power rating.
Unfortunately, he has limited fielding skills, so he would limited to a backup 1B/DH or pinch hitter.
IRL he was with the Tigers in spring training after being acquired from Atlanta in the Shane Greene trade. He was 40th overall in 2016.
Old 04-30-2020, 06:50 PM   #126
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Cool 2024 Draft Recap!

With our first selection, we have chosen a high school OF/relief pitcher named Camden Norlander.
We will let him attempt to be a two way player, but if he has an arm injury we will force him just to play OF after.

With our second selection, we have chosen a college OF named Chris Tutolo.

With our third selection, we have chosen a left handed college starting pitcher named Ryan Sleeper.
He may not have a high potential, but he might have the talent to be a starter in the back end of our rotation some day.

With our fourth pick, we have chosen a left handed college relief pitcher named Ken Price.
I am worried his changeup will never develop, but he is worth the fourth round selection.

With our fifth pick, we have chosen a right handed HS starting pitcher named Joey Sokoloski.
OSA has him at 3.5 star potential, but our scout is not very high on him (0.5 star potential, but with average accuracy).
I like that he has five pitches in his repertoire.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:09 PM   #127
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

2024 Trade Deadline Day!

So... we have finally got around to simming ahead to the trade deadline, and we have fallen back even further in the standings.

We are currently sitting at 55-53, which puts us two games back of a wildcard spot. We are fourth in the AL Central (seven games back of the White Sox).

Curtis Taylor was almost ready to come back after a rehab assignment, so we have decided now is the time to trade him.

If we were unable to resign Joe Jimenez, Taylor would likely have been our closer, but his arbitration costs are rising for a non-closing reliever (possibly up to $6 million for 2025 at a 30 year old).

Here is the trade we are making with the Astros!

Nate Putz is the big piece we receive back in return. The former 7th overall pick in 2022 is currently the 37th best prospect in MLB.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect from him. His changeup will likely never develop and he has quite bad control.

Thankfully we do not need to protect him from the rule 5 draft yet, but he is already 25 and only in his first season of AA.

*Not shown is his knuckle curve (45/60 ratings).

Also, we pick up a depth starter in Brett Adcock. He has an option remaining for 2025 and is still pre-arbitration eligible.

I don't think we are going to make any more trades. I don't really want to trade anyone else away and just see how things play out down the stretch.

Also, I don't want to give up any future assets for short term if we continue to fall flat.

*Alex Faedo has been optioned to AAA to make room for Raisel Iglesias.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:13 PM   #128
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Smile End of 2024 Update!

We were able to sneak in to the second wildcard! Three teams finished one game back of us!

Here is a look at how our pitchers did on the season!
Cionel Perez was not good for the first two months, but was amazing from June to September!
Raisel Iglesias was amazing after coming over in a trade (1.14 ERA in 24 innings with 38K)!

Here is a look at how our batter did on the season!
Another great season for Paul DeJong!
A down season for Adam Haseley, but thankfully Ryan McMahon turned his season around in the second half!
Excellent rookie season for Calvin Mitchell (.803 OPS)!

We will be facing the White Sox in the Wildcard Game!
Old 05-22-2020, 11:01 AM   #129
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Arrow Loss to Angels in the ALDS!

We ended up losing in 5 to the LA Angels in the ALDS!

The 2024 World Series Champions are ...

This offseason will include some major roster changes.

We (probably) won't be picking up the team option on Paul DeJong (unless someone can convince me otherwise).

Also, Cionel Perez and Ryan McMahon will both be free agents. We have to decide if it is worth making qualifying offers for those two.