Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-29-2020, 12:31 PM   #261
tylerjohnson
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Multiple Leagues

I say it every year. Being able to have more than 2 leagues/conference would definitely increase the single player fictional league enjoyment.
tylerjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:35 PM   #262
mjcarr74
Major Leagues

A play by play announcer would be cool even if its a text to speech narrarator
mjcarr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:36 PM   #263
ajsomers
Minors (Single A)

1. The ability to make three-team trades.
2. A way to compare two players side-by-side without having to bounce back-and-forth between screens.
3. An ability to set up a strict catcher-pitcher pairing (for instance, my backup catcher would always catch a certain starter rather than simply playing every 4th day or whatever).
4. Take the "shop a player" or the "make this work" feature of trades and expand it. I can put a player from an opposing team into a deal, hit make it work, and get a list of guys they'll trade said player for. I'd like the reverse where I can place a player on my team into a trade, hit make it work, and get a list of any/all players the other team is willing to part with for him.
ajsomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:38 PM   #264
KSeefried
Bat Boy

Those Baseball Savant graphs that show where players rank percentile-wise are awesome. They'd be super helpful.
KSeefried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:40 PM   #265
KSeefried
Bat Boy

Catcher-Pitcher pairing is super smart. Would also love to do the same for other position players. E.g. If you have a pitcher with high GB rates, you could put in your better defensive 3B rather than starting your more bat-first one.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:48 PM   #266
kennyjackelen
Bat Boy

This is a little niche, but I'd love to see an API or some other means to automate more aspects of the game. Import/export is great but only takes you so far.

An example: I set up a game this year where I would simulate each day, and each team who won got to claim the highest rated player from the team they beat. Of course, doing this 15 times every day (figuring out which player to transfer, going to edit player, and changing their team) takes a long time.

Would be really cool to be able to do more stuff programmatically where I could run a script that would simulate a day's worth of games, loop through the results, and take actions based on what happened. Could open up the door to a lot more fun thought experiments like this one.
kennyjackelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:55 PM   #267
KSeefried
Bat Boy

What about a more in-depth trade advisor group in-house? So you have your stats guys who say "We like/dislike this trade for XYZ reason" and then your scouting director says "We like/dislike this trade for XYZ reason." Maybe there's a little more owner/fan influence as well, or some insight/requests from Farm Director or Manager. I just think the idea of putting more barriers up to a trade would make them more like the real thing. I also wonder if there's a way to re-do ownership influence -- you can kind of ignore ownership demands right now as long as you win within 2 or 3 seasons. But pressure at the deadline could be cool.
Old 10-29-2020, 01:01 PM   #268
KSeefried
Bat Boy

For hiring personnel, it would be neat to have an "interview process." You pick, say, 7 candidates. You're then given 25 questions/tasks to choose 5 from to give each candidate. Based on the candidates' answers, you move to the next round with your 3 finalists where you get to ask 5 more questions before making your pick.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:02 PM   #269
jg2977
Hall Of Famer

When playing a game in 3D it would be nice to have an in-game option to save your progress. A few times I've lost my progress because the game froze and I would have to replay the whole game from scratch. For this reason I usually exit the 3D game every three innings, save game, and then resume playing, but it would be nice to be able to do this without exiting the 3D.
jg2977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:35 AM   #270
wholesomeyankees
Bat Boy

I wish coaches played a bigger role

I wish coaches played a bigger and more direct role in the game. I think it would be really cool if you could have coaches that specifically improve certain ratings. For example, power pitcher pitching coaches could improve mph/stuff, patience hitting coaches help improve eye. At all levels of the game so in the lower minor leagues, it can help improve potential before it starts improving the actual rating. Just something I thought would add a new layer of strategy to team building.
wholesomeyankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 10:50 AM   #271
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

The problem with 3 Sub Leagues would be the World Series and would need a fourth Sub League.
Old 11-03-2020, 12:02 PM   #272
jg2977
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
The problem with 3 Sub Leagues would be the World Series and would need a fourth Sub League.
Team with the best regular season record of the 3 could get a bye to the World Series.
jg2977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 12:41 PM   #273
apaul
Bat Boy

Historical Ballparks Included!

I would like historical ballparks and real photo faces included.
apaul is offline   Reply With Quote