Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 5 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM 5 dynasties here!

Old 10-16-2018, 02:01 PM   #41
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

The regular season ended and the Pens won the Presidents trophy again, winning no less then 69 games.

LW Laine has the top scorer and had the most points too
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
tk43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:21 PM   #42
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

The playoffs, where regular season form doesn't matter...

The Pens met the Devils in the first round and exchanged wins in the first 4 games leaving the series tied at 2-2 before the pens turned on the pace and closed out the series 4-2

Round 2 and the Hurricanes meet with the Pens with the series going the distance. 5 of the 7 games are decided by 1 goal, 4 of them in OT and on the end it was the Hurricanes who came out as winners. A disapointing season for the Pens...

In the Stanley cup final Nashville met with Carolina and won the series 4 games to 2...

The Pens roster won't be changing much in the offseason, a few players need new contracts...
Attached Images
Old 10-16-2018, 02:53 PM   #43
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

An interesting observation from the 5th season was that no trade was made at the deadline at all, not one all week leading up to the deadline!

We resigned 5 players who had only 1 year left on their contract and annoyingly Laine again only settled for a 2 year deal ( was meant to be fixed in the last update ) after the 5 signings we are ok cap wise for the coming season but might have to trade away someone on the start of the next one.

Notable thing is that Auston Matthews went to free agency as a 25year old and signed for 3 years at 10.93mil/year. ( The Leafs won't let him go )

I'm gonna put this dynasty on hold for the moment, mainly as there was an update half way through that is meant to remove the young stars asking for bridge deals, as well as the fact that in this save I had initially my asistant set up to look after training and I felt that the young stars aren't developing at a right pace.

I'm going to start a new one with the latest update with the Edmonton Oilers, as I want to see what can be done with that huge contract of McDavid and the fact that in my current dynasty he only got to the playoffs 3 times and twice finished in the first round and once in the second. I will have the same approach, a win now and will be trading away even the washing machine if i have to to make the Oilers win. I will sign in the the challenge mode too which I didn't do for this dynasty.

If there is anything you want to ask, fire away.
Attached Images
Old 10-17-2018, 01:31 AM   #44
Jamee999
All Star Reserve

Interesting discussion on the last page about the Colorado trade. I think it shows that the FHM trade AI is too willing to trade a dollar for some quarters. There's some level on which it makes sense for a team to trade a really good player for a ton of future picks, in that if you're giving all the assets values, the sum of the values of the picks will at some point be greater than the value of the player ... but there's a reason that real life GMs rarely do it.
Jamee999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:28 AM   #45
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

Wait until you see what I was able to do in the first month in my Oilers save!!!
Just to give an indication, my 1st line is Laine-McDavid-Marner, the 2nd is Tkachuk-Draisaitl-Rantanen, managed to get D Werenski and Reilly and G Murray too. Checking Line of Tanev-Lowry-Brodziak( already an oiler)

I’m left with about 4 picks for the next 3 years but all the young stars are signed to an at least the next 3 years.

No way in this universe could anyone transform the Oiler’s with their current roster and assets to that kind of a team!

Only played a month and have a negative record but need a bit of time for the kids to start to gel together...

The trade engine needs a lot of work to be done to it!
Old 10-17-2018, 04:59 AM   #46
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
Interesting discussion on the last page about the Colorado trade. I think it shows that the FHM trade AI is too willing to trade a dollar for some quarters. There's some level on which it makes sense for a team to trade a really good player for a ton of future picks, in that if you're giving all the assets values, the sum of the values of the picks will at some point be greater than the value of the player ... but there's a reason that real life GMs rarely do it.
Yeah maybe the Duchene trade is a good scenery of this. As you said, it happens rarely and in most of cases the player wants out. It should happen like what? Once per season?
There's no way Winnipeg trades Laine, Toronto Marner, the Avs Rantanen, and so on, all in one month. This is very disappointing. It will be also laughable if Marner and Laine both ask then for like 4 millions a season hah

Last edited by Alessandro; 10-17-2018 at 05:00 AM.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:10 AM   #47
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
Yeah maybe the Duchene trade is a good scenery of this. As you said, it happens rarely and in most of cases the player wants out. It should happen like what? Once per season?
There's no way Winnipeg trades Laine, Toronto Marner, the Avs Rantanen, and so on, all in one month. This is very disappointing. It will be also laughable if Marner and Laine both ask then for like 4 millions a season hah
They are all resigned somewhere between 3.5 - 5 mil a year for 3 years...

I’ll start the new dynasty thread when I get home and upload all the trades and resigning...

I thought the trade engine was better and the devs said that the bridge contracts are gone but I don’t think they are ( bridge contracts ) the trades are slightly better then last year but a lot is still there to desire...
Old 10-17-2018, 05:17 AM   #48
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk43 View Post
Haha!
Well, I'm sure the devs will keep on tweaking things, therefore I'm optimist for the future. Many things improved since last season, trades maybe not too much, but the game keeps on improving.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:46 AM   #49
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Haha!
Well, I'm sure the devs will keep on tweaking things, therefore I'm optimist for the future. Many things improved since last season, trades maybe not too much, but the game keeps on improving.
100% agreed on that! I would like to see a better training engine too where you can set a specific training not just offence or defence as if I set some of my D men to train on the O they are improving in face offs haha...
Old 10-17-2018, 10:48 AM   #50
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Quote:

I’ll start the new dynasty thread when I get home and upload all the trades and resigning...

I thought the trade engine was better and the devs said that the bridge contracts are gone but I don’t think they are ( bridge contracts ) the trades are slightly better then last year but a lot is still there to desire...

Thanks for sharing. To me, that's just not good enough. I was on the fence about buying the game, but ya, being able to make these trades and those signing.....not good enough.
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #51
skunt3m
Minors (Single A)

Hope the devs are monitoring your thread. Great feedback.

I've never played a management game where the AI wasn't exploitable so it's just ingrained in me to be gentle with it.
skunt3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:19 PM   #52
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

I'm not going to start a dynasty thread on the Oilers, I played through a season and got to the conference final. McDavid ran away with the scoring title, Laine scored 60 goals and the core is resigned for the next 3 years.
I didn't win the cup, mainly as my D is young and developing really slowly, would definitely challenge properly next season.
Ended up losing in the Conference final to the later Stanley cup winner the Blues. Find a few screenshoots from the season....
Attached Images
Old 10-17-2018, 05:21 PM   #53
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

If you have any questions just ask away, i'll answer them the best i can...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 10-17-2018, 05:31 PM   #54
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Can you please post KHL leaders?
Old 10-17-2018, 05:40 PM   #55
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

I'm gonna add the salary obligations so you can see the renewed contracts of the young stars who "don't want bridge contracts" anymore....
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by tk43; 10-17-2018 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:44 PM   #56
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Can you please post KHL leaders?
I only install with the NHL so I'm not sure how well is this simmed, this is from the 1st season of the Oilers save
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 10-18-2018, 06:54 AM   #57
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

I see, thank you. I never seen some of these players scoring like that (Podshendyalov with 43 points lol), thus possibly the stats are a bit off if the league is not playable. And those PIMs are crazy lol, although still better than a few builds ago
Old 10-18-2018, 12:27 PM   #58
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

I Played another year of the Oiler dynasty, made a few trades again on the beginning of the season ( see starting roster, mid season traded Werenski for Provorov) and won the cup this time...
McDavid wins bunch of trophies, Laine scores 50 this season ( McDavid too ) yet his sniper or perimeter shooter ratings are no better than 17 of 20...

A few pictures attached from the season and playoffs
Attached Images
Old 12-09-2019, 01:11 PM   #59
RayRayDK
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ran this through myself - in GM mode... played 4 years, 4 president, 4 Stanley cups you broke the game with those tactics bro! Hope you make one in FHM6.
RayRayDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 01:00 AM   #60
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The coaching setup was upgraded too, and training was left in the hands of the assistant, lines and tactics were assign manually by HC
this is just global correct not unit tactic?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote