Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:14 AM   #1
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Season 45 (2063) - Discussion Thread

Well it looks like Belfast may not even made the playoffs. They have never been that low in the polls.

Season 45, the year of the overachievers!
Attached Images
Image Image 

HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:51 AM   #2
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Where do you find the predictions in PT? I never figured that out.

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:26 PM   #3
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Hmm, two of my teams in the same league for the time.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:29 PM   #4
Magus978
All Star Starter

The biggest threats to the Steelport Saints this week will be from their own division, as they have atabakin's 8-time champion Virginia Beach Freaks. They also have to keep an eye out for the 12-time champion Shiba Inu Zoomies.

Regardless of how it looks, the Saints are now a weekly contender after some major additions, and it'll be interesting to see if they live up to major contender status.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:50 PM   #5
Orion
Major Leagues

My lucky streak continues, somehow there isn't a single whale in my whole conference. Two whales in the NC, but It appears I will have the inside track to another series appearance...especially since I was so pleased with how the team is doing I broke the piggy bank last night and invested in another superstar starter to make my rotation actually rather formidable.

Only issue it seems is what to do about Keith Hernandez. I was planning on swapping in Chipper for him longterm but after Mex responded to his addition by winning SL and Series MVP's and my fans will kill me if we sell him now. I'll give Chipper a long look this season before making any moves I guess.

Oh and my Spunky Dodger theme team won it all and promoted as well. A .500 season would be a good finish, they are a good group but nothing to scare any serious PL team.

Last edited by Orion; 01-27-2020 at 12:52 PM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:44 PM   #6
emilempenza
Minors (Double A)

Welp, I seem to have run across the best team I've ever seen. The 20 time champions, the Bronx Bombers.

They have the slightly terrifying lineup of Hall of Fame Jeter, HoF Simmons, then all the Team of the Decade players, along with Zach Wheat. Pitching staff about what you'd expect as well. Think it might be literally the most expensive team possible.

Might use this year to work on training some out of position guys, can't really see this being our year!
Old 01-27-2020, 02:26 PM   #7
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
Hmm, two of my teams in the same league for the time.
And it looks like I'm in there with you too! Good luck to you, and also you!

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 05:25 PM   #8
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
And it looks like I'm in there with you too! Good luck to you, and also you!
I've been in leagues with your team before, yep.

Also, we are in 3 different divisions, hope we all meet in the playoffs. Jesus, you are 9-1 already....on your way to another championship?

I just want one!

Last edited by sharknut; 01-27-2020 at 05:28 PM.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:08 PM   #9
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs have set out to swim with the whales this week in P443. Or more likely to sink and/or get eaten.

So far, we're 9-8 and comfortably in 4th place in the AC East. I really wish I could actually be around OOTP for that 4 minutes and 36 seconds on Monday mornings where you can load a season preview, but alas, I will just have to find out how my team stacks up the hard way. And, I have a feeling it will end with a thud.

Who do we have in WHALE LEAGUE?

In the AC East, we have the 3-time PL champ Soniqs, 3-time PL champ Cardinals, and your 10-time PL champ Frogs mixed in with 2 non-whales (thank you!). I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the 3's and 10's here, because some of these whale teams have been competing with other whales on the regular, which would impede the medallion-winning process. But, suffice it to say, that although the Soniqs and Cardinals are fully whaled-up teams, the Frogs may have received one of the easiest divisional placements in the league.

The AC Central is the home of 5 bonafide whales, accounting for a combined 39 PL titles. And, is that? Is that? Is that Orcin's Louisville Colonels that got mixed up in all this somehow?

The AC West features 3 whales (Somerset, Stone Island, and Texas) with 26 PL titles amongst them. Somerset beat Stone Island for the Whale League title last week. Then, we have...is that? Is that Orcin's B team? The Evansville Batbirds Cardinals theme team? And the poor, poor Mint Hill Hawks...R.I.P.

Over in the NC East, we have 4 whales in possession of 37 combined PL titles. And then the New York Stockers who won't need any help tanking back down to diamond this week.

NC Central, I would say 4.5 whales (the LG Twins are the "B team" of the stronger Stone Island outfit). 24 PL titles combined.

The NC West has 4 fully weaponized whale teams in possession of 50 PL titles in aggregate. And, the poor, poor Northeastern Central Isolation. Fresh up from Diamond league, you say? This is gonna be bad...

It's pretty clear that Mint Hill, Northeastern, New York, and one of Arrowhead/Waxsaw/Evansville will likely be relegated. This takes some of the intrigue out of this week, but stranger things have happened...no team is safe until the last sim is...uh...simmed.

If you were counting along, P443 this week is the home of teams with a combined 192 PL titles.
Attached Images

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 01-27-2020 at 09:10 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:45 PM   #10
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
The Frogs have set out to swim with the whales this week in P443. Or more likely to sink and/or get eaten.

So far, we're 9-8 and comfortably in 4th place in the AC East. I really wish I could actually be around OOTP for that 4 minutes and 36 seconds on Monday mornings where you can load a season preview, but alas, I will just have to find out how my team stacks up the hard way. And, I have a feeling it will end with a thud.

Who do we have in WHALE LEAGUE?

In the AC East, we have the 3-time PL champ Soniqs, 3-time PL champ Cardinals, and your 10-time PL champ Frogs mixed in with 2 non-whales (thank you!). I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the 3's and 10's here, because some of these whale teams have been competing with other whales on the regular, which would impede the medallion-winning process. But, suffice it to say, that although the Soniqs and Cardinals are fully whaled-up teams, the Frogs may have received one of the easiest divisional placements in the league.

The AC Central is the home of 5 bonafide whales, accounting for a combined 39 PL titles. And, is that? Is that? Is that Orcin's Louisville Colonels that got mixed up in all this somehow?

The AC West features 3 whales (Somerset, Stone Island, and Texas) with 26 PL titles amongst them. Somerset beat Stone Island for the Whale League title last week. Then, we have...is that? Is that Orcin's B team? The Evansville Batbirds Cardinals theme team? And the poor, poor Mint Hill Hawks...R.I.P.

Over in the NC East, we have 4 whales in possession of 37 combined PL titles. And then the New York Stockers who won't need any help tanking back down to diamond this week.

NC Central, I would say 4.5 whales (the LG Twins are the "B team" of the stronger Stone Island outfit). 24 PL titles combined.

The NC West has 4 fully weaponized whale teams in possession of 50 PL titles in aggregate. And, the poor, poor Northeastern Central Isolation. Fresh up from Diamond league, you say? This is gonna be bad...

It's pretty clear that Mint Hill, Northeastern, New York, and one of Arrowhead/Waxsaw/Evansville will likely be relegated. This takes some of the intrigue out of this week, but stranger things have happened...no team is safe until the last sim is...uh...simmed.

If you were counting along, P443 this week is the home of teams with a combined 192 PL titles.
You're doing really well.... those teams are tough as nails.... My team was incredibly unlucky last season in that whale league, for starters all the teams were as good as mine but losing 35 games by a single run is tough to swallow....

I just don't understand WTF is wrong with Next Level team... check out his roster..... even without trying he should be winning games.

In contrast this season has almost no whales, but I spot 3 very good teams and a couple of great teams, namely Tampa Bay in my division and Main Gems in the National league. Going to be fun since my very own division has 3 very capable teams.

Last edited by X3NEIZE; 01-27-2020 at 09:47 PM.
X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:05 PM   #11
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
You're doing really well.... those teams are tough as nails.... My team was incredibly unlucky last season in that whale league, for starters all the teams were as good as mine but losing 35 games by a single run is tough to swallow....

I just don't understand WTF is wrong with Next Level team... check out his roster..... even without trying he should be winning games.

In contrast this season has almost no whales, but I spot 3 very good teams and a couple of great teams, namely Tampa Bay in my division and Main Gems in the National league. Going to be fun since my very own division has 3 very capable teams.
Thanks for the kind words!

I don't really have any fears of relegation this week now that I see some non-whales in here. I think it's possible (not likely, but maybe like 20% odds) that my team could even win the division. It all depends on how my strategy plays in this environment. I opted for a pretty basic lefty starters + righty bullpen guys + lefty batters strategy, thinking that I'd be getting 100 Cy, 100 Walter, and 100 Pedro crammed down my throat all week (it appears I was correct).

As for the Next Level team, I'll just say that it can be hard to divine what people are actually trying to accomplish week in and week out. Sometimes people are trying new cards or new techniques and that can be difficult to spot sometimes. But, looking at his roster and ballpark settings etc, things could be optimized a bit better. Being 2-6 in one-run games and having played Wilmington, Adirondack, and The Hague so many times is not helping either. I don't envy that schedule.

Enjoy your shiny, new Jeter!

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:38 PM   #12
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words!

I don't really have any fears of relegation this week now that I see some non-whales in here. I think it's possible (not likely, but maybe like 20% odds) that my team could even win the division. It all depends on how my strategy plays in this environment. I opted for a pretty basic lefty starters + righty bullpen guys + lefty batters strategy, thinking that I'd be getting 100 Cy, 100 Walter, and 100 Pedro crammed down my throat all week (it appears I was correct).

As for the Next Level team, I'll just say that it can be hard to divine what people are actually trying to accomplish week in and week out. Sometimes people are trying new cards or new techniques and that can be difficult to spot sometimes. But, looking at his roster and ballpark settings etc, things could be optimized a bit better. Being 2-6 in one-run games and having played Wilmington, Adirondack, and The Hague so many times is not helping either. I don't envy that schedule.

Enjoy your shiny, new Jeter!
You have a better shot at winning the whole thing than being relegated.... good luck!

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:15 AM   #13
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Yes

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:49 AM   #14
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Nice streak

Old 01-28-2020, 01:23 AM   #15
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
I've been in leagues with your team before, yep.

Also, we are in 3 different divisions, hope we all meet in the playoffs. Jesus, you are 9-1 already....on your way to another championship?

I just want one!
P437 looks like it's going to be a pretty competitive league, all things considered, so there is definitely a chance to grab that elusive title! Your Clippers are off to a nice start in an AC West that does not have a former PL champ among its ranks.

Huntley, meanwhile, is in the AC Central with the only other team in the AC that has PL championships, the 4-time PL champion Mammoth Maulers. (Amazing how often that happens!) The Highlands Ranch Medievals are off to a nice start too.

And speaking of nice starts, the hottest team in the AC so far is the AC East Wilderness Roadkill. They only have a Diamond championship to their name, but that's mostly bad luck, as they've made the Perfect playoffs 8 seasons in a row, winning at least 100 games in 6 of those seasons, including 130 just last season, without taking home a PL title. That could change this season...

Over in the NC East are 2 PL title holders off to good starts, the York Yard Dawgz and FancySkunk's Toms River Little League Champs, who are a good team and yet always make me feel guilty when I beat them because headlines like, "Red Raiders Dominate Little League Champs," make us look like jerks beating up on kids.

The 5-time PL champion Berlin Crab Shuckers and 1-time PL champion Cape Coral SwampRats are the front runners in the NC Central, while the NC West, like its AC counterpart, does not have a PL title-winning team in it.

Overall, this looks like a wide-open league that could be won by a number of teams...including those first-place Columbus Clippers!
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:50 AM   #16
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Nice 13 game winning streak

Old 01-28-2020, 03:22 PM   #17
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

Three games in a row with a grand slam.

That last one coming with my team down 3-0 and featuring a pinch hitting Joe Morgan in the top of the 9th to grab the lead.
Attached Images
Old 01-28-2020, 04:39 PM   #18
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yep, that's me. I am hoping to keep the Colonels' perfect playoff streak alive but it doesn't appear likely. Right now, I am riding a 5-game losing streak into last place. I have not kept up with the flood of new super-cards so the Colonels are going to slip into mediocrity over the next few months anyway. The Batbirds will just be happy to avoid relegation in this league.

I have some minor health issues to deal with right now so I am not posting much. I try to read the forum every day and I am working on learning the Tapatalk app in order to read it on my phone. I hope we finally get OOTP Go this year so I can play the game on the phone as well.

Good luck to all in the P443 meat grinder this week!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:31 PM   #19
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Yep, that's me. I am hoping to keep the Colonels' perfect playoff streak alive but it doesn't appear likely. Right now, I am riding a 5-game losing streak into last place. I have not kept up with the flood of new super-cards so the Colonels are going to slip into mediocrity over the next few months anyway. The Batbirds will just be happy to avoid relegation in this league.

I have some minor health issues to deal with right now so I am not posting much. I try to read the forum every day and I am working on learning the Tapatalk app in order to read it on my phone. I hope we finally get OOTP Go this year so I can play the game on the phone as well.

Good luck to all in the P443 meat grinder this week!
Nobody likes seeing anyone go through health issues. Heal up and get well soon.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:23 PM   #20
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Nobody likes seeing anyone go through health issues. Heal up and get well soon.
Indeed, wish you the best Orcin; heal up and get ready for OOTP21 bub.

pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote