Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Dynasty Reports Tell us about your very own Perfect Team!

Old 07-21-2019, 03:59 PM   #101
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Page 6 recap....

Like an extremely delinquent child, the Hiram College Terriers have flunked the silver leagues once again and will be repeating the level for the 10th time. It's been an absolute zoo around the Dog Park season after season with Terriers chasing tails, squirrels, mailmen, ice cream trucks....we've even had Terriers in the bleachers biting fans and stealing hot dogs from little children. It's really been a mess in silver. My F2P (pack opening only) team started strong in iron and bronze winning a couple championships, but it's been nothing but treading water and bad behavior since.
Despite all this, I'm quite optimistic that we have a roster that can compete for a championship in the near future. Team captain and perennial all star Gabby Hartnett has promised me things will turn around soon.

Packs Opened- 199
Perfects- 1
Diamonds- 5
Golds- 18
Silvers- 60
Attached Images
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:46 AM   #102
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Happy Opening Day! My optimism from yesterday afternoon has carried over to the Terriers for the start of our 10th season in silver! We're well on our way to the playoffs this season with a strong 1-0 start. Never mind Chris Sales ERA, he had just eaten a double helping of Purina dog chow and was feeling a tad sluggish on the mound. Also never mind that I only have 148 points and can barely make the payroll. What's important here is that we're tied for first place. Here we come playoffs!

Only one minor move was made in the bullpen as I adopted 75 Ray Black and sent 71 Jimmie Sherfy to the pound. Optimism.
Attached Images
Old 07-23-2019, 06:26 AM   #103
gemini615
All Star Reserve

17-9 after April......I'll take it.
Attached Images
Old 07-25-2019, 06:22 AM   #104
gemini615
All Star Reserve

I'm at a loss for words.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-25-2019, 12:35 PM   #105
Magus978
All Star Starter

I hate those awful months, they turn into a never-ending death spiral.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:56 PM   #106
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

perhaps they saw the bulldogs behind them and turned around to sniff some butts or the like
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:08 PM   #107
gemini615
All Star Reserve

On the bright side, the Terriers have gone 8-6 since that disastrous death spiral month of June. Let's hope they've grown bored of the Bulldog butts, Monkey butts, and Nighthawk butts and start focusing on how to take down the Knights.
Turner barked the loudest and made the all-star game for the 8th time. Righetti made his 4th.

My optimism is fading and the reality of flunking the silver leagues for the 10th time is staring me in the face. The pack of Terriers on this roster should be much better than this. We should at least be in gold flunking repeatedly....not silver. Fingers crossed for the rest of the season.
Attached Images
Old 07-27-2019, 10:11 AM   #108
gemini615
All Star Reserve

The good news for the Terriers, there's a lack of dominate teams in our league this year making us one of seven teams within 3 games of the wildcard.
So if we can keep hitting and Chris Sale decides he wants to pitch instead of burying all of our backup baseballs underneath the bleachers......we might have a chance.
Attached Images
Old 07-28-2019, 08:24 AM   #109
gemini615
All Star Reserve

The Terriers finished an unspectacular 81-81. We were still in the wildcard hunt with 10 games to go, but all hope was lost when Sal Bando shredded second base like it was his own personal chew toy. That act of destruction caused the rest of the team to lose focus on baseball and what ensued was a lot of chasing, wrestling, and play biting. It wasn't good.

Best in Show:

Manny Machado .263 31HR 104RBI

In the Doghouse:

Hal Schumacher 9-12 5.37ERA

Packs Opened- 204
Perfects- 1
Diamonds- 5
Golds- 19
Silvers- 62
Old 07-31-2019, 08:55 PM   #110
gemini615
All Star Reserve

I could hear a puppy barking before I ripped the pack open. Little Fernando couldn't wait to join my team! Granted he's no Sisler like Waffletown added, but I'll take him. The only caveat is my whole pitching staff is absolutely lights out right now and I don't want to upset the momentum.
As soon as McCullers or Schumacher run into problems....Fernando's in the rotation!
(We're 40-31 by the way)
Attached Images
Old 08-02-2019, 10:00 AM   #111
gemini615
All Star Reserve

The Terriers are hanging in there with a 55-50 record. The pitching has been fantastic all season long, starters and bullpen, so hopefully that continues for the stretch run.
I adopted Fernando Valenzuela and sent Lance McCullers Jr to the pound as he went cold. He could return at some point though.

The 3 all stars this year are Justin Turner, Kirby Puckett, and Gerrit Cole.
Attached Images
Old 08-02-2019, 08:50 PM   #112
gemini615
All Star Reserve

I'm mulling over a drastic move for the Terriers that could potentially benefit us long term but sacrifice our playoff hopes in the final month of this season. We're currently in wildcard standing (67-57) earning us a cool 1,000 plus points and a potential promotion out of silver.....
OR
I could sell off long time Terrier Sal Bando (who's been terrible for 10 seasons) since he happens to be selling for a whopping 17,000 in the AH because he's a crucial piece of the "Charlie O's Oakland A's" collection mission that scores a 98 Vida Blue card.

If I made this move, Aparicio would take back full-time SS duties, and Manny Machado would start training up at 2b where he's currently a zero. Machado has the ratings to eventually get into the 80's at second, but he might blow our chances at the playoffs while he bumbles around out there.

Should I sell Bando and take my chances with a ton of card packs? Or focus on the playoff run and worry about Bando later?

(This is why I have Terrier pee-puddles outside my office door every morning when I show up at the Dog Park....they hate when I think about stuff)
Old 08-03-2019, 02:20 PM   #113
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini615 View Post
I'm mulling over a drastic move for the Terriers that could potentially benefit us long term but sacrifice our playoff hopes in the final month of this season. We're currently in wildcard standing (67-57) earning us a cool 1,000 plus points and a potential promotion out of silver.....
OR
I could sell off long time Terrier Sal Bando (who's been terrible for 10 seasons) since he happens to be selling for a whopping 17,000 in the AH because he's a crucial piece of the "Charlie O's Oakland A's" collection mission that scores a 98 Vida Blue card.

If I made this move, Aparicio would take back full-time SS duties, and Manny Machado would start training up at 2b where he's currently a zero. Machado has the ratings to eventually get into the 80's at second, but he might blow our chances at the playoffs while he bumbles around out there.

Should I sell Bando and take my chances with a ton of card packs? Or focus on the playoff run and worry about Bando later?

(This is why I have Terrier pee-puddles outside my office door every morning when I show up at the Dog Park....they hate when I think about stuff)

my 2 cents.... sell! sell! sell!

it's hard to say no to a dump-truck full of money when a player is selling for significantly over their typical price; and if you aren't planning to shoot for that mission, might as well profit from it (did that selling Ted Lyons and basically turned him into Dizzy Dean, SE -George Sisler and SE - Paul Dean with the proceeds)..... and while Machado might be 0 currently at 2B, I would think he'd gain pretty quickly (the last high level ratings will take some time, but he should get to a decent level pretty fast)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:51 PM   #114
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
my 2 cents.... sell! sell! sell!

it's hard to say no to a dump-truck full of money when a player is selling for significantly over their typical price; and if you aren't planning to shoot for that mission, might as well profit from it (did that selling Ted Lyons and basically turned him into Dizzy Dean, SE -George Sisler and SE - Paul Dean with the proceeds)..... and while Machado might be 0 currently at 2B, I would think he'd gain pretty quickly (the last high level ratings will take some time, but he should get to a decent level pretty fast)
I lucked into a 'best of both worlds' situation, where I was able to replace Bando with an 85 Jeff McNeil live card this morning. So I'm still in the playoff hunt with a player equal to Bando's skill set at second base.

Now I just need someone to adopt an ex-Terrier named Sal so they can flip him for a 98 Vida Blue.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:57 AM   #115
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Hiram College finished 84-78 (the second best record we've had in 11 seasons of silver) but still managed to miss out on the playoffs. I can sense the tide finally turning so I'll be buying all new flea and tick collars for the upcoming season to keep morale up and tiny Terrier brains focused.

Best in Show:
Justin Turner .295, 15, 93

In the Doghouse:
Anthony Rizzo .215, 10, 43

Sal Bando is up for adoption in the AH as 85 Jeff McNeil seems like an adequate replacement. Hopefully he sells. Fingers crossed.

Packs Opened- 216
Perfects- 1
Diamonds- 5
Golds- 22
Silvers- 66
Attached Images
Old 08-06-2019, 04:44 PM   #116
gemini615
All Star Reserve

The good news....Sal Bando sold for 19,000 points!
The bad news......I opened about 25 packs and there was nothing worth keeping.

The good news....it doesn't matter because the Terriers are raking right now behind Turner, Hartnett, Puckett, and newcomer Jeff McNeil. If this keeps up, I'll turn on the sprinklers in the outfield later today so everybody can jump around and bite at the water.
Attached Images

Last edited by gemini615; 08-06-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:14 AM   #117
gemini615
All Star Reserve

For the first 3 months of the season, the Terriers have come to play ball. We're 49-33 and sitting in first place right now.
An early morning trip to the pack opening pound should only help as we adopted a new Terrier named "Tiny".
Attached Images
Old 08-08-2019, 06:10 PM   #118
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Everything seems to be going the Terriers way so far in 2038. The team is still sitting atop our division heading into the all star break and appears to be hitting on all cylinders.
Numerous happy Terriers have been selected to the all star game for barking really loudly:
Justin Turner
Gabby Hartnett
Kirby Puckett
Jeff McNeil
Alex Johnson

Justin Turner was also voted most popular pup and I was awarded an extra 400 points!

On top of all that, pack luck has been in my favor today. After adopting 92 Tiny Bonham this morning, I lucked into another pup by the name of 87 Garry Maddox. He's got an amazing 103 rating in CF and will push Puckett over to a corner outfield postion.
Something tells me the Terriers are due for a playoff appearance for the first time in 9 seasons.

Crossing fingers and rejecting jinxes.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:11 PM   #119
gemini615
All Star Reserve

This is the point in the season when my Terriers start sniffing each others rear ends and generally lose focus on baseball. I'm hoping this year will be different and we actually make the playoffs.
Attached Images
Old 08-11-2019, 05:50 AM   #120
gemini615
All Star Reserve

For just the 5th time in Hiram College history........
The Terriers made the PLAYOFFS!
Attached Images