Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-28-2019, 11:23 PM   #121
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Oh no, we're doomed now! At least twice before, we had a lead like this only to lose it on the LAST day. The last time this happened, we ended up in a 3-way tie for 1st. So that's what I'm predicting. A 3-way tie for 1st. See you guys in the playoffs before the playoffs.
Well, in game 1, Evergreen's Curt Schilling 1-hit the Red Raiders in Huntley, so Huntley's collapse is nearly complete...

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 11:35 PM   #122
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Well, in game 1, Evergreen's Curt Schilling 1-hit the Red Raiders in Huntley, so Huntley's collapse is nearly complete...
But in game 2, Huntley's Roger Clemens throws 8 shutout innings and Mariano Rivera closes it out, evening the series. Evergreen now has a 1.5-game lead over Washington with 4 games left for the Raccoons and 3 for the LyinCheatin Senators. Who will be hosting the Red Raiders in the Wild Card game (because there is no way we are catching either team)?

Old 12-28-2019, 11:55 PM   #123
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
But in game 2, Huntley's Roger Clemens throws 8 shutout innings and Mariano Rivera closes it out, evening the series. Evergreen now has a 1.5-game lead over Washington with 4 games left for the Raccoons and 3 for the LyinCheatin Senators. Who will be hosting the Red Raiders in the Wild Card game (because there is no way we are catching either team)?
Are you guys doing a friend challenge? If so let me in

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 12:13 AM   #124
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
Yup and nope!

To be honest, I think it would be fun to be in the same league with your team again. I'm not sure anyone else here would feel the same way, however. See post below from the Frogs skipper:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Geez, old timer!

Next thing you'll be inviting in the Magpies and Bronx Bombers and their ilk.

We lowly single-digit PL champs have to stick together, you know.
But in the future, I'd be up for having the Raccoons be roadkill if you'd be interested.
Old 12-29-2019, 12:15 AM   #125
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Well, That Couldn't Have Gone Much Worse...

<sigh>
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2019, 12:36 AM   #126
acclaim99
Major Leagues

So uh yeah... 2 games left.
AL Wildcard.

1. Blue Jays 88-72 *clinched*
2a. Twins 82-78
2b. Burritos 82-78
2c. Blackjacks 82-78 (me)
2d. Crocs 82-78

4 teams going for 1 spot with 2 games left.

acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 12:38 AM   #127
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Yup and nope!

To be honest, I think it would be fun to be in the same league with your team again. I'm not sure anyone else here would feel the same way, however. See post below from the Frogs skipper:

But in the future, I'd be up for having the Raccoons be roadkill if you'd be interested.
There's way to diminishing returns between our teams, I would be a ton of fun with you guys and if we get Orcin in as well

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 12:42 AM   #128
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There's way to diminishing returns between our teams, I would be a ton of fun with you guys and if we get Orcin in as well

Yeah, it would be great to have him too.
Old 12-29-2019, 12:45 AM   #129
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Well, I don't know how it happened, but the Raccoons clinched it. Washington lost in 14 innings to Harlem while our pitching continued its recent dominance and shut down the Southpaws again. So it will be Huntley and Washington in the WC game. Then we get to play one of them all over again. Good luck everyone in the playoffs!
Old 12-29-2019, 12:58 AM   #130
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Southpaws ran into a buzzsaw this week. OL never knew what hit them, lol. They still have a couple of teams that could pull upsets in the playoffs, but the "old timer 5" did about what you'd expect them to do this week.

I noticed this'll be the first time in PL that the Southpaws miss the playoffs entirely. No shame in that, because I bet my Frogs would've suffered the same fate in that division.

We will have a difficult time getting by Minnesota and/or Fargo in facing whichever team comes out of the NC. And don't forget about Tassie. Sitting there and lurking...

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:05 AM   #131
acclaim99
Major Leagues

All 4 teams tied for that last spot keep losing. Streaks are l2, l2, l2, and l1.
Still tied with 1 game left. Someone has to get in I guess

acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:07 AM   #132
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Jason, pls pitch a scrub so we don't have the chance to have to play a 163rd AND 164th game. Please and thank you!
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:09 AM   #133
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Yup and nope!

As the manager of the weakest team I'd be up for it...
Jackgoboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:12 AM   #134
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Jason, pls pitch a scrub so we don't have the chance to have to play a 163rd AND 164th game. Please and thank you!
No worries, my game 162 starter is a real Rube!

Old 12-29-2019, 01:12 AM   #135
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Nope, sorry. We draw the line at 16 PL titles.

J/K, I'm fine with it. Couldn't be worse than the division draw I had this season....or could it?
Old 12-29-2019, 01:16 AM   #136
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
And don't forget about Tassie. Sitting there and lurking...

You mean the "disinterested spectator"? Yeah, I've definitely not forgotten about them. They added 100 Boudreau and Lefty Grove to an already great team.

Even though Jackson won the same number of games as Tassie, I think they'd be easier to beat, assuming we're lucky enough to get past Huntley/Washington.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:16 AM   #137
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Yeah, it would be great to have him too.
Might as well invite the Magpies as well and go all in. I'm sure the Magpies would appreciate beating up on my Tassie Thunder considering I'm a Carlton Blues guy. He'll know the significance of that.

I presume Pappyzan is friends with some of the OL guys which is why we are with them? Another OL rematch would be fun as well.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:20 AM   #138
Jackgoboom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
You mean the "disinterested spectator"? Yeah, I've definitely not forgotten about them. They added 100 Boudreau and Lefty Grove to an already great team.

Even though Jackson won the same number of games as Tassie, I think they'd be easier to beat, assuming we're lucky enough to get past Huntley/Washington.
Jackson just completed a three game sweep of us. We are set up to combat the lefty cheese now, but funnily enough, Jackson are righty cheese

Never easy
Old 12-29-2019, 01:23 AM   #139
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackgoboom View Post
Might as well invite the Magpies as well and go all in. I'm sure the Magpies would appreciate beating up on my Tassie Thunder considering I'm a Carlton Blues guy. He'll know the significance of that.

I presume Pappyzan is friends with some of the OL guys which is why we are with them? Another OL rematch would be fun as well.
Nah, this team is only friends with the other 4 teams. My FTP team is living the loner life and friends with no one, attempting to win a WS on their own in PL. Just fate we are with the last bastion of OL teams this week.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:34 AM   #140
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The final standings... First time I've ever seen 4 teams in 1 division with over 100 wins, though we did come close a few seasons ago in another division of doom. Pretty cool!
Attached Images