Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 09-07-2019, 02:18 PM   #41
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Certainly if a team was curious about picking him up, wouldn’t hurt to let him calm down for a few weeks first
Old 09-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #42
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Certainly if a team was curious about picking him up, wouldn’t hurt to let him calm down for a few weeks first
He should have been calm all off season. Dude has been fired twice, gotten frostbite & lost $29M while never playing a snap even in the past 8-9 months.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 02:24 PM   #43
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

I think he has Cluster B personality disorder and should get help.

Cluster B personality disorders
Cluster B personality disorders are characterized by dramatic, overly emotional or unpredictable thinking or behavior. They include antisocial personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, histrionic personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder.

Antisocial personality disorder
Disregard for others' needs or feelings
Persistent lying, stealing, using aliases, conning others
Recurring problems with the law
Repeated violation of the rights of others
Aggressive, often violent behavior
Disregard for the safety of self or others
Impulsive behavior
Consistently irresponsible
Lack of remorse for behavior

Last edited by monkeyman576; 09-07-2019 at 02:26 PM.
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 02:30 PM   #44
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman576 View Post
I think he has Cluster B personality disorder and should get help.

Cluster B personality disorders
Cluster B personality disorders are characterized by dramatic, overly emotional or unpredictable thinking or behavior. They include antisocial personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, histrionic personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder.

Antisocial personality disorder
Disregard for others' needs or feelings
Persistent lying, stealing, using aliases, conning others
Recurring problems with the law
Repeated violation of the rights of others
Aggressive, often violent behavior
Disregard for the safety of self or others
Impulsive behavior
Consistently irresponsible
Lack of remorse for behavior
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-07-2019, 02:36 PM   #45
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
He should have been calm all off season. Dude has been fired twice, gotten frostbite & lost $29M while never playing a snap even in the past 8-9 months.
I agree. Its not like the Raiders went out of their way to make him miserable.
In fact i think all the blame lays at AB's feet.
I'm sure the player's union will try to fight it but im not sure if they would win.
If Brown ends up getting his money then the NFL has turned into a complete joke.
Incognito and Burfict have been great so far. Maybe they should have put them in a room with Antonio.
Im sure a team will want AB but i dont see him getting any guaranteed money without some heavy limitations. I mean all he had to do was show up to camp and he couldn't even do that. Yeah it was crazy for the raiders to offer guaranteed money but you think he just needed a change of scenery. No way another team should sign him without making sure AB has little power. I wouldn't be surprised If AB screws up again and loses his agent. That agent has probably already lost some money.
Do the raiders sign or trade for another wr?
Gruden likes the running game and i guess we will see what Josh Jacobs can do.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:16 PM   #46
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

So I think I know what everyone is thinking now.....where does AB go next?

Brown arrives in New England to meet Belichick.
Belichick: Hello Antonio. Glad to have you. But, I don't need you. Understand?

ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:31 PM   #47
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My questions.....1. Who would want AB on their roster at ANY price? 2. Who would offer AB enough money for him to be willing to play? 3. What kind of value could you get for this guy? Seriously, would you be happy if your team gave Oakland a 7th rounder for this headache?

The guy has killed his career. Who is in this guy's life that loves him enough to tell him he needs help? At this point, in all honesty, I really wouldn't be surprised if he went like some of these disgruntled employees and started shooting up the Raiders' practice facility. He is nuts.
In hindsight and going by all of his antics up until this point, I just think he didn't want to play for the Raiders. But in doing so he damaged his brand. Any team offering him another contract will have clauses in it for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
I do not know much about football but I can happily say that I predicted this Jon Gruden disaster when it began.
There is no such thing as a Gruden disaster. No matter what you think of him he is a Super Bowl winning coach. There are a lot of coaches employed right now that are not as good. I do think they over paid for him, but hey, I'm not paying him so I don't care.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:51 PM   #48
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Would the Browns sign him?
That would be a headcase with Antonio, Odell and Mayfield.
Old 09-07-2019, 04:00 PM   #49
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
In hindsight and going by all of his antics up until this point, I just think he didn't want to play for the Raiders.
I think you're giving him too much credit. I was married to someone w/a personality disorder. You can spend all day analyzing their choices in life as if there is some kind of logical procedure and process going on in their brains that leads them to that choice. When the answer is always simple: They are mentally disturbed and have zero self control over what they do or how they react.

There is no rhyme or reason. There is no line of thinking. Their reaction is always their first, instinctive, initial reaction. There isn't a filter to clear out the "dirt" in their minds. They felt it, they did it. They are mental infants when it comes to emotions. A baby doesn't muse over the dangers of an electric socket. They see it, they want to touch, they try to touch. And if you prevent them they throw a tantrum. That's a personality disorder. I believe that is what is going on with AB.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-07-2019, 06:07 PM   #50
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

AB signs w/New England. Maybe the Pats will finally implode.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-07-2019, 06:38 PM   #51
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Well, I'm not sure anyone can deal with that headcase, but I give Belichick the best odds out of any active HC.

Like him or hate him, Bill gets the best out of most players. I wonder if he can convince AB to shut up and "Do his job".

It's too bad he's not eligible to play in Sunday's opener against the Steelers - that would be an even more intense game then.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 09-07-2019 at 06:44 PM.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:45 PM   #52
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

Annnnndd the Pats signing AB is even more reason why I am not on the Chiefs bandwagon. I have been looking across some of Twitter world and people seem to be one of two things...

1. Asking "You get to be a complete whining clown a*s, do all the things he just did with the Raiders, and then get to go to the Super Bowl favorite where you are rewarded with a signing bonus, probably a division championship, followed by an AFC championship, and then a possible Super Bowl ring?!?"!

2. So much for the Chiefs and their "best receiving core."

I have to say...I have never witnessed anything in sports like the New England Patriots in my 51 years of breathing.
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:58 PM   #53
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC View Post
Annnnndd the Pats signing AB is even more reason why I am not on the Chiefs bandwagon. I have been looking across some of Twitter world and people seem to be one of two things...

1. Asking "You get to be a complete whining clown a*s, do all the things he just did with the Raiders, and then get to go to the Super Bowl favorite where you are rewarded with a signing bonus, probably a division championship, followed by an AFC championship, and then a possible Super Bowl ring?!?"!

2. So much for the Chiefs and their "best receiving core."

I have to say...I have never witnessed anything in sports like the New England Patriots in my 51 years of breathing.
And this is not the 1st time they've done junk like this. Remember how the got Legarrett Blount? It is amazing to me in the NFL how a player can become a cancerous disruption in the locker room like Brown, Incognito, Blount, yet find immediate employment. But let a player do something away from the job out of season and he gets suspended . Congratulations, NFLPA. You're doing a great job!
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-07-2019, 08:20 PM   #54
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I give it 5 games before AB and Brady gets into it.
They did great with Moss but AB makes Moss look like Dr. Phil.
This may be the begining of the end of the patriot dynasty.
Ah but more likely they get another championship and this jerk gets one too.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:24 PM   #55
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
AB signs w/New England. Maybe the Pats will finally implode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC View Post
So I think I know what everyone is thinking now.....where does AB go next?

Brown arrives in New England to meet Belichick.
Belichick: Hello Antonio. Glad to have you. But, I don't need you. Understand?

I think ForeverRoyalKC said the more likely scenario. Belichick won't let the Pats implode. Before he'll let that happen he'll drop Brown. Because really, the Pats don't need him.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:43 PM   #56
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
The Patriots get accused of cheating, are we sure that the other 31 teams don't collude to hand them Super Bowls?

Now he can go from catching 6 yard lame ducks from Carr to spending a year with the greatest QB of all time. Insane.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:48 PM   #57
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Brown planned this whole thing from the start. Wants to get carried to a ring.

No way all the other GMs are such idiots not to beat that one year deal.

Every team colluding to give the Pats superbowls because it boosts the overall league profitability is definitely on the table
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:21 AM   #58
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think you're giving him too much credit. I was married to someone w/a personality disorder. You can spend all day analyzing their choices in life as if there is some kind of logical procedure and process going on in their brains that leads them to that choice. When the answer is always simple: They are mentally disturbed and have zero self control over what they do or how they react.

There is no rhyme or reason. There is no line of thinking. Their reaction is always their first, instinctive, initial reaction. There isn't a filter to clear out the "dirt" in their minds. They felt it, they did it. They are mental infants when it comes to emotions. A baby doesn't muse over the dangers of an electric socket. They see it, they want to touch, they try to touch. And if you prevent them they throw a tantrum. That's a personality disorder. I believe that is what is going on with AB.
I am giving him credit because I do not know the man. I'm old enough to know what you're referring to and I didn't want to go there because again, I don't know the guy. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming the logical conclusion over the mental instability.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:25 AM   #59
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Brown planned this whole thing from the start. Wants to get carried to a ring.

No way all the other GMs are such idiots not to beat that one year deal.

Every team colluding to give the Pats superbowls because it boosts the overall league profitability is definitely on the table
I'll agree with your first half about Brown planning this. I just don't think he wanted to play for the crap Raiders. I don't think anyone is colluding, but I do think the Patriots will be in the SB again. That team is now stacked with better talent than they had in previous super bowls.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:06 PM   #60
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Either Brown is going to straighten up or not.
He is already posting hs usual crap to show its all about him.
So i dont know.
If he does become a better teammate i have to wonder if he did all this on purpose . He wasnt a free agent when he left Pittsburgh and its not like the Raiders were doing anything to him. They didnt make him practice with his feet problem. The fine is money he probably spends in a month.
It does seem like manufactured anger.
I wouldnt put it past the patriots to mastermind the whole thing though i dont think they did. Kinda strange how fast that deal came about.
Seems like his agent was already negotiating before he was even released.
I see the patriots cutting him somewhere this season because i dont see Brown cleaning up his act and i dont think the patriots are desperate at wr.