Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2017, 11:19 PM   #1
endgame
Hall Of Famer

3D Model Issues

Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't want to clog up good threads with problems and issues when we have the luxury of a separate place to discuss.

I've been fighting 3D on many fronts, the most recent of which is the black space where crowds are supposed to be visible. I've read the suggestions in the other threads, I've made several attempts with various settings. If there are specific settings proven to work, especially for folks using a laptop of a less than recent age, maybe you could post a pic of them here for me.

I'll attach a pic of my directory tree. You'll notice there are no nested folders within a folder problem. Also, after a few attempts changing settings, I'll get a preview screen and the rest of my screen will go entirely white, forcing me to use Task Manager to close the program. I'll post a pic of that, too.

And finally, what's prompting this thread- and maybe I remain alone with this problem -I'll post a pic of the preview screen I see when selecting a park, showing the black areas where crowds normally would be.

I hope there's something I'm blatantly missing or there's an easy solution. I'm not optimistic, but then I seldom am. Before I post the pics, I'll offer a brief summary of my attempted avenues, and some may have variations I have yet to try, but this is the overview:
  • Completely emptied the models directory and reinstalled or downloaded all new models.
  • Verified no nested folders within the park folders.
  • Adjusted crowd detail, i.e. simplifed or otherwise.
  • Adjusted other settings: filtering, vividness, quality, whatever they all are.
  • Edit: After reading a Bru post, I now have experimented with OpenGL and Shader. Nope. No effect.
  • I probably left something out. I've tried so many things.
  • I've never had problems prior to this version. Have already played a few home games. I don't recall now what the crowds look like in that park.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Failing resolution this weekend, I'll also post this in the beta bug tracker in the hopes Andreas or Jorin see something I don't. I don't mean to appear a whiner, I'm just out of options and ideas.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by endgame; 04-30-2017 at 11:19 AM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:28 AM   #2
zappa1
All Star Starter

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=277537

Check this thread out. Other people are having some problems, too. Maybe try what they tried.

And this doesn't have to do with Silvam's or Adion's parks. It's about 3 factory direct parks that come with OOTP18.

Anyway, don't give up. If you have a bit older laptop, maybe your graphics need upgrading. Don't know how to do that on a laptop. Good luck. I'm out of ideas. Hope you find an answer.

Last edited by zappa1; 04-30-2017 at 11:32 AM.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:41 AM   #3
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't want to clog up good threads with problems and issues when we have the luxury of a separate place to discuss.

I've been fighting 3D on many fronts, the most recent of which is the black space where crowds are supposed to be visible. I've read the suggestions in the other threads, I've made several attempts with various settings. If there are specific settings proven to work, especially for folks using a laptop of a less than recent age, maybe you could post a pic of them here for me.

I'll attach a pic of my directory tree. You'll notice there are no nested folders within a folder problem. Also, after a few attempts changing settings, I'll get a preview screen and the rest of my screen will go entirely white, forcing me to use Task Manager to close the program. I'll post a pic of that, too.

And finally, what's prompting this thread- and maybe I remain alone with this problem -I'll post a pic of the preview screen I see when selecting a park, showing the black areas where crowds normally would be.

I hope there's something I'm blatantly missing or there's an easy solution. I'm not optimistic, but then I seldom am. Before I post the pics, I'll offer a brief summary of my attempted avenues, and some may have variations I have yet to try, but this is the overview:
  • Completely emptied the models directory and reinstalled or downloaded all new models.
  • Verified no nested folders within the park folders.
  • Adjusted crowd detail, i.e. simplifed or otherwise.
  • Adjusted other settings: filtering, vividness, quality, whatever they all are.
  • Edit: After reading a Bru post, I now have experimented with OpenGL and Shader. Nope. No effect.
  • I probably left something out. I've tried so many things.
  • I've never had problems prior to this version. Have already played a few home games. I don't recall now what the crowds look like in that park.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Failing resolution this weekend, I'll also post this in the beta bug tracker in the hopes Andreas or Jorin see something I don't. I don't mean to appear a whiner, I'm just out of options and ideas.
I see the file list for Comisky but neither park picture looks like Comisky to me. Have you been opening the skp file for these parks and re-saving them? I see in the Comisky files the the skp file is time dated at 12:53 PM and the mtl file is time date 12:49 PM. That indicates to me that skp file was saved but the mtl was not update and it contains the old crowd links. If that is the case, that is why the crowd is black. If you want, email me that mtl file and I will look at it.
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:31 PM   #4
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I downloaded the parks from the last link you provided. The one to which I replied, That one works! I'd previously emptied the directory to avoid any overwrites.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:38 PM   #5
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Well, I tried the uninstall/reinstall through Steam. I may have to uninstall completely somehow or try the standalone and see what happens. Loaded silvams after a fiasco of maneuvers, but there's just black areas for crowds on those, too. Tried about every setting imaginable. Went through 17's ballpark folder to compare directories and files, and one strange thing is among silvam's parks, there's one with a background. So, no crowds at all, simplifed or not. Losing my mind. Been there, done that, never recovered. Part of my problem, I suppose. Last year it was getting facegen to run, this year this. Overcame last year. Hope to this year. I guess I'll stop being a bother for now, other than posting what I have to evaluate for those who can in a few pics next. Then, I don't know. I don't think I can go back to 2D. I'll keep plugging until I'm forced to surrender. If that's the case, then guess it'll be a long wait for v19 and maybe a lottery win for a new laptop, just in case that's the culprit. I can imagine it is though. v17 still seems to do just fine.

Anyway, getting tired of seeing my laments here, just as you probably are, too. The pics, then the last of me for awhile. Thanks all who have been so kind.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by endgame; 04-30-2017 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:45 PM   #6
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Keep posting. No one, with the possible exception of Spritze, is more entertaining to read. Seriously, I hope someone notices some clue that leads to solving your problem.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:13 PM   #7
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Well, I tried the uninstall/reinstall through Steam. I may have to uninstall completely somehow or try the standalone and see what happens. Loaded silvams after a fiasco of maneuvers, but there's just black areas for crowds on those, too. Tried about every setting imaginable. Went through 17's ballpark folder to compare directories and files, and one strange thing is among silvam's parks, there's one with a background. So, no crowds at all, simplifed or not. Losing my mind. Been there, done that, never recovered. Part of my problem, I suppose. Last year it was getting facegen to run, this year this. Overcame last year. Hope to this year. I guess I'll stop being a bother for now, other than posting what I have to evaluate for those who can in a few pics next. Then, I don't know. I don't think I can go back to 2D. I'll keep plugging until I'm forced to surrender. If that's the case, then guess it'll be a long wait for v19 and maybe a lottery win for a new laptop, just in case that's the culprit. I can imagine it is though. v17 still seems to do just fine.

Anyway, getting tired of seeing my laments here, just as you probably are, too. The pics, then the last of me for awhile. Thanks all who have been so kind.
Please do the following. Pick one park that has black crowds. Post a picture of the field from the game. Post another of the that park folder in the models folder. post another picture of the inside of that parks folder that shows what is in it. Email me a the mtl file that is in that folder. I might be able to finish the puzzle with all those pieces.

email: electraguard2@gmail.com
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:02 PM   #8
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Well, I'll do one better. Look what happened when I installed the stand-alone game, loaded my game, same settings, and loaded a park: (now I'm going to see how far I can push the settings, and probably screw something up, but say what??? Crowds??) The stand alone is build 45, steam is 47. Related? I dunno. Shouldn't be.
Attached Images

Last edited by endgame; 04-30-2017 at 11:04 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:08 PM   #9
endgame
Hall Of Famer

And trying an adion's background- still a couple of black areas -but ??? Crowds AND background. budubba dubba buddadubba say, what??? This is Shibe in the preview.
Attached Images
Old 05-06-2017, 04:34 AM   #10
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Every time I take a screen shot of a 3d model the field portion on the screen is black. I'm having a problem with 2 ballparks so far.

In the fenway 70-87 folder, 1970obj file, the grid is to the right of home plate so, in game, all the pawns are off to the right. The outfielders are standing inside the outfield wall.

Exposition park is a joke. Your view is from the 1st base side and the grid starts behind the shortstop and extends out through left field. How do you fix the grids?
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:34 AM   #11
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

delete post please

Last edited by crawdad5000; 05-06-2017 at 04:40 AM. Reason: delete
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote