Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
derekjeter92
Minors (Double A)

Ability to edit ratings for MLB rosters?

I was wondering if there was a way to edit player ratings because there are a few players I think are mis-rated, or if there is no way for me to do it, could I provide a reasonable explanation with facts to the guy who handles rosters?

I'm going to put some rating changes here anyways if for anything for me to remember xD

NEW YORK YANKEES
Rafael Soriano - Stuff: 20 to 16: Had 12.1 K/9 in 2009 for ATL, but only 8.2 the past 2 years and I don't see it improving.
David Robertson - Control: 8 to 11. Yes, he does walk a ton of batters, but with 8 control his BB/9 is around a 6, when it should be just under 5, as his 4 years in the league have shown.
Mark Teixeira - Power: 15 to 17. When 33 HR is a down year for you like 2010 was, you know you have power. Is legitimate 40 HR threat, but more likely to settle in mid to high 30s each year. Also if Miguel Cabrera has 17 power Tex definitely deserves it.

BOSTON RED SOX
Andrew Bailey - Control: 10 to 14. A career 2.5 BB/9 is not very bad, but 10 control is. He is one of the better closers in the game... when he ever plays.

DETROIT TIGERS
Alex Avila - Contact: 11 to 13. He may not hit .295 again but .280s should be very doable for him, and I don't think he should be seriously penalized for 294 AB in 2010 when he was 23. This guy obviously knows how to hit

LOS ANGELES ANGELS
Albert Pujols - Power: 17 to 19. His power numbers may have gone down each time the past 3 years, but they went to 37 HR during a season he was hampered with an injury, and thats still near the best in the league. 40 HR is nearly expected by him yearly.

LOS ANGELES DODGERS
Clayton Kershaw - Stuff: 16 to 18. 248 Ks in 233 IP last year, sick. Control: 12 to 14. 54 BB in 233 IP. Thats pretty good too! This guy is a machine and is one of the top 3 pitchers in the MLB.
Matt Kemp - Contact: 17 to 15. In just the past 3 years his average has been from .249 to .324, to a happy .297 median. Around .300 is where he should be expected to go, and he also gets a couple extra hits a year because of his speed.

CINCINNATI REDS
Joey Votto - Contact: 16 to 17. I try not to make changes of just 1, but I feel Votto deserves it as a career .313 hitter, he has been very consistently hitting over .330. Eye: 14 to 16. A career .405 OBP, he will get over 100 BB if he gets 600 AB a year.

Last edited by derekjeter92; 04-06-2012 at 11:09 AM.
derekjeter92 is offline   Reply With Quote