Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 05-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
Curiouser and Curiouser
Bat Boy

2 Suggestions regarding improving ease of use

First off, I want to say that these 2 things are not in the full version of OOTP but since they are so obvious, and in one case the standard way to do things in Windows I have no idea why.

However, perhaps you can make these things work as they should on the Iphone/Ipad version and if the full OOTP wants to make these minor improvements that would enhance the game, please, be my guest.

1. When going thru a list of players (example: Active players), I hate to have to literally push a button to go to the next page of players. You should be able to scroll thru the complete list. I don't think I've ever seen any Windows based program do this. It seems like it's an old DOS way to go through a list. Fixing this would make the game easier to navigate, especially since on the i platform the number of players on a page is quite small. Since it is a standard way to present things in Windows (or on the MAC) I can't see how this can be a huge issue.

2. When you filter the positions you want to see, it would be nice to be able to select more than 1 position. For example, I want to see all the SS and 2b's at the same time. Now I can't. I have to filter for one, and then filter for the other. It's a pain and not very user friendly. This is also something that should be in the full OOTP (because I've never found it). Also if you wanted enhance the search function to add other parameters to search for such as an age range, salary range, rating level,that would be wonderful and be similar to other games of this genre that offers things like this.

It seems like these 2 things are DOS leftovers and I feel it's time to lose them and have them join the rest of the game as it functions in a true Windows/MAC environment and now the IOS environment.
Curiouser and Curiouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
CD1083
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser and Curiouser View Post
First off, I want to say that these 2 things are not in the full version of OOTP but since they are so obvious, and in one case the standard way to do things in Windows I have no idea why.

However, perhaps you can make these things work as they should on the Iphone/Ipad version and if the full OOTP wants to make these minor improvements that would enhance the game, please, be my guest.

1. When going thru a list of players (example: Active players), I hate to have to literally push a button to go to the next page of players. You should be able to scroll thru the complete list. I don't think I've ever seen any Windows based program do this. It seems like it's an old DOS way to go through a list. Fixing this would make the game easier to navigate, especially since on the i platform the number of players on a page is quite small. Since it is a standard way to present things in Windows (or on the MAC) I can't see how this can be a huge issue.

2. When you filter the positions you want to see, it would be nice to be able to select more than 1 position. For example, I want to see all the SS and 2b's at the same time. Now I can't. I have to filter for one, and then filter for the other. It's a pain and not very user friendly. This is also something that should be in the full OOTP (because I've never found it). Also if you wanted enhance the search function to add other parameters to search for such as an age range, salary range, rating level,that would be wonderful and be similar to other games of this genre that offers things like this.

It seems like these 2 things are DOS leftovers and I feel it's time to lose them and have them join the rest of the game as it functions in a true Windows/MAC environment and now the IOS environment.
In regards to your first suggestion. I think a good compromise would be the ability to swipe to change the page.
CD1083 is offline   Reply With Quote