Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 01-11-2016, 05:14 PM   #1
John Smith
Bat Boy

Hi all! New and with a few...

I am loving this game so far... I have been wanting to get into it for years.

I picked it up on Steam, so I'm playing through that. Had some overlay issues, which I found the solutions to... so that was a win!

But now I have a few day-to-day issues, largely relating to lineups and pitching rotation.

It seems that unless I use strict 7-day rosters, my lineups get almost randomly shuffled. New players in, and batting orders all over the place (including my C, currently hitting .083 being placed into the leadoff spot).

And my pitching rotation, right from Opening Day is going 1-2-3-4-1-5-2-3-4-1-5

No clue why...

Anyway, I am sure that the lovely folks will be of great assistance...

Sincerely,

John Smith
Manager (currently), Memphis Salukis
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:39 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Go to your manager page, click on the "Control and Auto-Play Settings" Tab.

Look to see who's in control of the options. Line-ups, promotions/demotions, signings, etc etc. It should be set to you.

_
Attached Images

Last edited by Bluenoser; 01-11-2016 at 06:41 PM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:40 PM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Then go to your team page, click on "Settings". Make sure to check the "Prevent any AI roster changes"

_
Attached Images

Last edited by Bluenoser; 01-11-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:05 PM   #4
John Smith
Bat Boy

OK... I checked again, and I am still in charge of lineups and pitching rotation...

But the second screen you put up is NOT the same screen I have there. The only info is team naming and ballpark stats.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:07 PM   #5
John Smith
Bat Boy

It's quite frustrating, because I am playing as "Manager Only" so all I have control over is day-to-day team ops... and apparently not even that without forcing it all...

May be quite realistic, but it's not a good game mechanic... LOL
Old 01-11-2016, 08:35 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
It's quite frustrating, because I am playing as "Manager Only" so all I have control over is day-to-day team ops... and apparently not even that without forcing it all...

May be quite realistic, but it's not a good game mechanic... LOL
If you're playing as manager only then you can't control who gets promoted/demoted, signed/released, etc etc.

It's a very good game mechanic because it emulates real life. Absolutely it could be improved, no GM is going to start cutting guys without talking to his manager, but that kind of stuff just isn't easy to program. So we improvise as best as possible and use our imaginations a little to make it "feel" realistic.

If you want full control, make yourself GM/Manager (both jobs), otherwise you have to live with the fact that you have limited control over the team playing as manager only.

For the 2nd screen, you have to be GM to see/change all settings. You can also put yourself in Commish mode to make changes, but once you go back to managing, the AI will do it's thing again.

Hope this helps, and glad you're enjoying the game. The more you play, the more you become addicted. OOTP really is an amazing product.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 01-11-2016 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:41 PM   #7
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

You may have more fun being the GM but delegating a lot of responsibilities to the AI.

You can easily keep the control you are looking for but give the AI the minors to deal with. It does a decent job.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:17 PM   #8
John Smith
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
If you're playing as manager only then you can't control who gets promoted/demoted, signed/released, etc etc.

It's a very good game mechanic because it emulates real life. Absolutely it could be improved, no GM is going to start cutting guys without talking to his manager, but that kind of stuff just isn't easy to program. So we improvise as best as possible and use our imaginations a little to make it "feel" realistic.

If you want full control, make yourself GM/Manager (both jobs), otherwise you have to live with the fact that you have limited control over the team playing as manager only.

For the 2nd screen, you have to be GM to see/change all settings. You can also put yourself in Commish mode to make changes, but once you go back to managing, the AI will do it's thing again.

Hope this helps, and glad you're enjoying the game. The more you play, the more you become addicted. OOTP really is an amazing product.
Somewhere along the way, I think you lost the point.

I wanted only the managerial duties. And yes, the GM sent my best spring performers down. I get that.

My problem is having to FORCE control over my lineups.

If I turn in my batting order, and it is over-ridden by whomever, then what is the point of the manager?

If I want my 5th starter to pitch on the day after #4 just pitched, but, if I'm not paying attention, he will get skipped even before his first start of the season and at 100% rest, that's an issue....

I'm sure it's something I am not understanding about the game, which is why I am asking...
Old 01-11-2016, 10:08 PM   #9
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
Somewhere along the way, I think you lost the point.

I wanted only the managerial duties. And yes, the GM sent my best spring performers down. I get that.

My problem is having to FORCE control over my lineups.

If I turn in my batting order, and it is over-ridden by whomever, then what is the point of the manager?

If I want my 5th starter to pitch on the day after #4 just pitched, but, if I'm not paying attention, he will get skipped even before his first start of the season and at 100% rest, that's an issue....

I'm sure it's something I am not understanding about the game, which is why I am asking...
Something isn't set correctly somewhere then, because as manager you do have control over the line-ups. Without seeing the actual league and setup, it's hard to pinpoint.

Not sure how I'm missing the point either, I'm going through things systematically with you to try and get you the control you want. There is a lot of depth to OOTP and sometimes it's not easy to pinpoint the problem right away, thus using a systematic process of elimination to get you where you wish to be usually works best, at least for me it does.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 01-11-2016 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:47 AM   #10
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Unless you are experiencing a high number of injuries you should not be experiencing most of these problems.
1) Pitching: Please check in the Pitching Staff tab, lower left, 5 or 6 man rotation? Strict order, pitch highest rested or the other option I can never remember. I am betting you have Pitch Highest Rested.
2) In the 7 Day line up screen the is a check box to use (or not use, cannot remember) the 7 Day lineups. Is your checked?
3) Have you gone to the Lineups tab? Are the depth Charts and lineups there filled in?

Good luck,
Tom