Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 10-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
Cypher74
Minors (Double A)

1.03 Wildcard bug

Played September with the expanded rosters and won a WC spot. When I got to WC game, I got the error stating my roster was over the limit, but when I tried to demote guys, I got an error saying roster moves are not allowed during a playoff series. Stuck right now and can't do anything.
Cypher74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
nate9485
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I was just about to create a topic for this... I've tried completely closing the game and restarting, but that doesn't seem to work. I have also tried to have the CPU set up my rosters, but I still have 40 players on my roster.
nate9485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:18 AM   #3
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Hm, I have to ask Markus about this, he did the 2. Wildcard thing (don't even know if it has something to do with the 2. Wildcard).
Old 10-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
nate9485
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks! It does seem to have to do with the Wildcard changes. I think the game realizes it is in a playoff series for the purposes of manual roster moves, but not when having the computer auto set up the team.
nate9485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

I haven't upgraded yet so I may not understand problem, but to avoid it-
For the time being, gang, I guess remember to make the roster changes before that last button push to end regular season.
On last day:
For pbp, don't hit that finish today button until reset roster to 25.
For those who don't play pbp, I guess set up last game as pbp, play it out or use quick play, then reset roster to 25, tap finish today.
Or just put together a team that has no shot at playoffs.
Panchobamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:14 AM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Yeah, we found the bug and fixed it but as always, it will take time to post the update due to the Apple Review process.

To avoid the bug, please do what Panchobamba said:

If you are one of the two Wildcard teams please make sure to reduce your roster to 25 players a day before the Wildcard-Game is!

If you have a save stuck with the bug you have to alternatives:

1. Play some other league until the update is released, then you can continue.

2. If you really want to continue your game as soon as possible contact me at sebastian@ootpdevelopments.com . I need your save files, fix the game and send it back to you (you need a 3rd party tool for the transfer but I will give you exact instructions).

Thanks for pointing out the bug!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #7
Rocksolid980
Bat Boy

One thing that can be done, even if its not ideal, is make a trade(s) so that you're giving up more players than you're getting. Unfortunately the only way this helps the problem is if you're trading players off of your ACTIVE roster. The silver lining for us immediate gratification gamers though, I managed to swing a deal for Josh Johnson and Giancarlo Stanton giving up four replaceable guys from my 25 man roster that I otherwise wouldn't have bothered to try to trade
Rocksolid980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:04 AM   #8
bobellis75
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I had started another thread about this...I'm at the day before my game...can not move players back to minors. The day before wc game, it's counting as if you're in a series. So in that sim, I'm stuck right now.
bobellis75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
TVR1982
Bat Boy

Glad to see there's a fix for this on the way, just got the Jays to a winning season and a WC place after two seasons rebuilding and then hit this bug... just have to be patient now, how long do Apple normally take to approve updates?
TVR1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #10
Cypher74
Minors (Double A)

Same question here. Any idea when to expect this fix? Dying to continue my playoffs!

Thanks for all you do!
Cypher74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
Cary
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher74 View Post
Same question here. Any idea when to expect this fix? Dying to continue my playoffs!
Version 1.0.4 update is now available at the App Store. Works for me so far.

In fact, it works too well. ;-}> My 2016 team had such a huge lead going into September, that I rested ace Cole Hamels all month to avoid injury -- they seem to crop up more in that month. Once I got the update and was able to start the playoffs, Hamels lasted all of 1/3 of an inning before going out with bone chips in his elbow and 4-5 months of rehab!

Last edited by Cary; 10-25-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Cary is offline   Reply With Quote