Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 12-09-2018, 11:18 PM   #41
fremontflyers40
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 8x in 4 posts
And yes I downloaded all of the demos on my computer and is it ready for 19

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
fremontflyers40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:17 PM   #42
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Thanked 990x in 300 posts
Can I just say, this is the best thread Ive ever seen on these forums. I'm gonna need to give this a shot 1000%

For the record, I WAS a Pulamoo ��

Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
rleb (09-09-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 10:31 PM   #43
Ramzavail
Major Leagues

Thanked 57x in 37 posts
Kris or anybody, have this file updated to OOTP 20?
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 08:57 AM   #44
Nuggett
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 5x in 5 posts
Should you be able to import your OOTP19 game into OOTP20. I have done this, but when I go to play a game, the game keeps crashing. Thanks.
Nuggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:07 AM   #45
Nuggett
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 5x in 5 posts
Sorry should have mentioned, import was fine and league was set-up. I can webcast games, but when I go to play a game it crashes.
Nuggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 01:39 PM   #46
rleb
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 140x in 87 posts
Hi everyone,

I know a lot of you wanted an OOTP 20 version of the ABL, well, here it is! I hope to make an OOTP 21 quickstart too, once the time comes.

CLICK HERE : ABL quickstart for OOTP 20!

Simply unzip this in your '...OOTP Baseball 20\quickstart_games' folder, and load the quickstart in-game!
Current date : April 10th 2020.
(I like to sim on actual day during the summer, so this is where it is currently 'fast forwarded' until spring arrives!)

A few notes about the file and league :

- The ABL season is 96 games, from May 15th to September 9th.

- Spring Training is very short, only 1 week and 6 games to shake off the rust. You could probably get away with stretching it to 2 weeks, but given the harsh Canadian winters, I didn't feel it was realistic to start the league any earlier than May, as there is usually snow on the ground until mid-April around here

- AAA ball is either 32 (SSL and ASL) or 36 games (CSL and NSL) from mid-June to end of August. This is to stick with the idea that everything below the ABL itself is not fully professional, so they only play ~3 games/week and work regular jobs the rest of the time.

- AA and A ball is also 32 games, and also from mid-June to end of August.

- High School ball is a 28-game schedule in the fall, stretching across September and October, with a short playoff after that.

- Unlike most leagues, the amateur draft is on December 28th every year, open to all players 17 years old (so that the draft is after their Senior season of HS ball, but before graduation). The logic being that, as soon as high school is over in June, they can join whichever level of baseball they were sent to. This is also why the A, AA and AAA leagues all start mid-June and not earlier.

-----------------

Quick notes on financials :

Minimum wage in the league is $20,000/year (hey, it beats working retail! and you get to spend a summer as a pro ball player!)

Currently the average player salary league-wide is roughly $41,200/year.

Most star players make in the region of $70,000 - 95,000/year.

Game tickets are roughly $15, and fluctuate slightly from team to team.

Teams generally pull on average 1500 - 2500 fans/game.

Arbitration after 3 years, Free Agency after 6 years.

Teams usually have a budget of $1.5 to $2.2 million to work with.

Player payroll usually hovers between $800k to $1.2 million.

Market size note :
Since the league has a huge disparity in market sizes, there is a big lean on revenue sharing, to make sure all teams are able to survive and thrive for the greater good of the league. For instance, 30% of the gate share goes to the visiting team, and at the end of the year, revenue sharing is set at 30% of income.

This means that :
- despite the smallest market only being 9% the size of the largest market ...
- the smallest budget is still 68% the size of the largest one.

So, things are a lot more equal and allow the smaller teams to compete and survive.

It also helps that, since it's the only show in town for the smaller towns like Campbellton, Gander, St. Stephen and Grand Falls-Windsor, they have traditionally been able to punch above their own weight and make their franchises relatively successful with fan enthusiasm!

Anyway, enough blabbing from me, enjoy!

SimCity meets OOTP! Check out my fictional sub-Antarctic dynasty report :
The South Georgia Baseball League

Last edited by rleb; 01-22-2020 at 02:44 PM.
rleb is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
bsmuke22 (01-23-2020), Ramzavail (01-22-2020)