Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 09-02-2020, 01:59 PM   #1
JBench5
Bat Boy

Historical Mode - Ability to Coach/Hire Head Coach

I started an Historical game starting in 67 with me as GM/Coach of the Blues using default setup with the option to get fired turned off. During the offseason between season 2/3 somehow I lost the option to be head coach and not able to hire a head coach. On the team staff screen the head coach information is blank and it shows me as GM only now instead of GM/Head Coach. Is there any way to fix this? Tried resigning from the team and then taking the team over and it seems as I'm still not able to be head coach or hire a head coach. Funny thing is I decided to play through season 3 as GM only and had a great season losing to Chicago in the Cup finals 4-2.
JBench5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 12:55 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Could you upload the save (instructions here)? I'd like to see what exactly's going on there, and we may be able to fix it for you.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 12:56 PM   #3
ZootMurph
Minors (Double A)

Was there a head coach on the team already when you took over as GM/HC? I've had that happen to me as well. You can't do anything until the former HC's contract has ended. Not sure if you can demote him to assistant coach, I never tried. But the owner never lets you fire the guy.
ZootMurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 04:32 PM   #4
JBench5
Bat Boy

I have uploaded save to FTP server. I sent you an email containing file name. Thanks!

Rocky
JBench5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 02:15 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Got it, thanks. I can't see what caused it, and it didn't reoccur in a test game I ran, but the problem seems to be tied to the Blues franchise and not your GM, which is why resigning/taking over again doesn't work. But it's possible to fix it: take over another team that already has a head coach, fire that head coach (which will pop you back into GM/HC mode), and then take over the Blues. At that point, you'll be GM/Head Coach again.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote