Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:22 AM   #1
adion
All Star Starter

Build 53 sound not working

The sound is not working correctly in build 53. I can set the background sounds all the way to 200 and you still can't hear it. The 'other' (voice) set to 100 works fine. I replaced the sounds folder with a previous version with the background set to 90 and other set to 100 and it works fine.
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:08 PM   #2
Hemi425HP
Minors (Triple A)

Sound problems are very often related to a needed Windows update. It's happened to me a few times in 18 and 19 and going to Windows update has always fixed it for me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2018, 05:00 PM   #3
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi425HP View Post
Sound problems are very often related to a needed Windows update. It's happened to me a few times in 18 and 19 and going to Windows update has always fixed it for me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
That's not the problem. I installed the latest Win10 update (if Windows is so good, why are there so many updates?) and it still doesn't work. Build 52 worked fine except the volume setting were not saved. When I started the game next time, the Options menu said they were set at 90 & 100 but in reality, they were not. I had to reset the background volume to some other number then back to 90 in order to get it back the way it was. I reported the problem and maybe someone fixed it but something else got buggered so that the background volume is way to low and can't be raised. I am sure it will get fixed. In the mean time I suggest using an older sound file, if you have it.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:22 AM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

A couple of questions:

1) Is "background" for the sound files labeled "ambient" only, or are there other files considered as background?

2) You mention build 52 - was that a beta build for testers only? The last public build (version 5) was 49 and didn't have this feature.

Also... does this new build still use WAV files, or does it now play OGG only?

Last edited by Orcin; 05-31-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:59 AM   #5
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
A couple of questions:

1) Is "background" for the sound files labeled "ambient" only, or are there other files considered as background?

2) You mention build 52 - was that a beta build for testers only? The last public build (version 5) was 49 and didn't have this feature.

Also... does this new build still use WAV files, or does it now play OOG only?
Everything in the Sounds folder are the background sounds. Build 52 was a beta.

All the files in the Sounds folder are .ogg files.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:50 AM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I am using build 53 and all the sounds work normally for me, except the one WAV file that I added no longer plays. I run Windows 10.

Do you know what the volume control for "other" sounds is meant to control? The pbp voice perhaps?
Old 05-31-2018, 11:55 AM   #7
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
I am using build 53 and all the sounds work normally for me, except the one WAV file that I added no longer plays. I run Windows 10.

Do you know what the volume control for "other" sounds is meant to control? The pbp voice perhaps?
The "other' sound is voice. What do you have your sound level set to? The background sound doesn't work on my computer but the previous sound file does. I also use Win 10.

There are free programs available to change .wave to .ogg. Freac is one.

My understanding of the volume controls was wrong. Neither one controls the voice.

Last edited by adion; 05-31-2018 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:26 PM   #8
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

All of my sound levels are at 100, both Windows and in game.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:47 PM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
The "other' sound is voice. What do you have your sound level set to? The background sound doesn't work on my computer but the previous sound file does. I also use Win 10.

There are free programs available to change .wave to .ogg. Freac is one.
FYI losing some sounds can often be fixed by simply re-installing your video driver. Seems to happen to people from time to time, but it's not related to the sound files (they haven't changed).

As for the sound categories, "background" refers to the crowd and crowd_main which are used for background chatter, as well as the ambient sounds and intro. "Other" sounds are the on-field sounds (crack of the bat, ump calls).
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:06 PM   #10
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

So is WAV no longer supported?
Old 05-31-2018, 02:08 PM   #11
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
I don't know. You will have to ask the developers.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:39 PM   #12
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
No changes, you can still use wav files. We just search for ogg files first. Why a wav file might no longer play? I have no idea. One suggestion would be to turn on tracing, and then I believe in the ootp_trace file we list all the sound files for a game that we load. If a file isn't playing searching in there might give a hint to why.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:10 PM   #13
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
FYI losing some sounds can often be fixed by simply re-installing your video driver. Seems to happen to people from time to time, but it's not related to the sound files (they haven't changed).

As for the sound categories, "background" refers to the crowd and crowd_main which are used for background chatter, as well as the ambient sounds and intro. "Other" sounds are the on-field sounds (crack of the bat, ump calls).
So, the voice level can only be control by Windows Narrator? is that correct? No, I just tried that and lowered the narrator volume to 10 in windows and it made no difference in the game. I have both volumes in the game cranked up to 200 in order for them to sound right with the voice, i.e. hearing the crowd noise in the background.

Last edited by adion; 05-31-2018 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:54 PM   #14
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
No changes, you can still use wav files. We just search for ogg files first. Why a wav file might no longer play? I have no idea. One suggestion would be to turn on tracing, and then I believe in the ootp_trace file we list all the sound files for a game that we load. If a file isn't playing searching in there might give a hint to why.
The WAV file is working. I guess it just hadn't come up yet, but I heard it in my game this afternoon. Thanks.