Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 01-14-2014, 03:18 AM   #1
msc123123
Minors (Single A)

Adjusting League Skill Level for Multiple League Worlds

This might be a really simple question or a really difficult question, but is there any way to have a multiple league world, and in the world, different leagues have different skill levels. So an average player in one league would be a star player in another league. Am I missing a setting to control skill level? Is there a way to do it using financial or strategy settings? There may be a way to do it with financial settings by giving bigger budgets to better leagues but then what would you do with the rookie drafts? Any help is greatly appreciated.
msc123123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:17 AM   #2
txranger
Hall Of Famer

I'm not quite sure if this is what you are looking for, but in the game under Nation Editor you can change the quality of the Baseball Program for each Nation with six settings from Non-Existent to Excellent...

Select your Manager Menu at the top, then select Explore Game World, then select a Nation, then select Nation Editor, then select the level desired next to Baseball Program...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post
I'm not quite sure if this is what you are looking for, but in the game under Nation Editor you can change the quality of the Baseball Program for each Nation with six settings from Non-Existent to Excellent...

Select your Manager Menu at the top, then select Explore Game World, then select a Nation, then select Nation Editor, then select the level desired next to Baseball Program...
I personally have never tried it like this but Tex's suggestion might work. I have 5 Ml's in my world. I use strategy and historical modifiers that are different for each league. Many former ML players who were fringe over the hill players have had moderate to good success in my EBL & CBF leagues. MLB is modern, EBL uses 1989 strategy an historical rookie modifiers CBF 1999.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:35 AM   #4
OmahaReynolds
All Star Reserve

txrangers suggestion would work, and you could also use the league level settings for your different leagues. So if you have a league in Japan, for example, you could set the league level to AAA, which would create players that are on a talent spectrum that is 85% of the talent level of MLB.

If you don't want the league listed as AAA, keep it set to the Major League level. Go into that league's setup screen, and look for the "Strategy" tab. The strategy screen should have 2 columns. The column on the left, if you scroll down a bit, should have an area called "Sabremetric Player Create Modifiers (or PCM's)" with 5 fields, all set at 1.000. If you change these numbers to .900, then that leagues talent spectrum will be 90% of MLB's. That means the best player will have a talent level 10% less than the best player in MLB. The worst players would be 10% worse than the worse players in MLB.
OmahaReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote